PDA

View Full Version : [EURO] Parking Sensors

jl88rl
16-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Hey guys i have advice! Dont let ur gf drive ur EURO!!

Got a small (huge to me) scratch on left back bumper cos my gf went thru tight parking spot.

Anyway, gunna find a panel dude soon and she insisted that i put parking sensors on. I said no way but she ended up buying one on ebay already.

So has anyone got sensors on their Euros at this stage, i highly doubt it but worth to ask...

Pum[Z]
16-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Yeap got sensors on my euro... Had them when i picked up my car from my dealer.. It works but i still managed to hit a poll.. (Don't ask me the sensors aren't really good at picking up objects that are skinny and long like a poll, but are good for big objects like cars, pedestrians, walls...)

Luckily my sensors just don't make a beeping sound but came with a distance controller that tells me the distance in meters first & then cms, of the object the sensor is beeping at...

Too bad that i have a bodykit now because my kit is interferring with the sensors so i turn off the beeping noise, and don't use my reverse sensors at all because it aint accurate anymore.. I have to find out if i can transfer the sensors from the bottom of my bumper and drill them into the middle of the bumpers. I'm sure doing that will rectify the inaccuracy in the sensors...

jl88rl
16-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Nice, if u can could u take just a quick pic of the sensors i wanna c how flush they are and where theyre located.

My gf got the one on ebay with lil LCD, 6 sensors.

Pum[Z]
16-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Yeah i will post pictures up when i have the time...

Wow.. Looks like urs is the beast of all parking sensors uheheheh.. Mine is just a 2 sensor with a little LED counter to measure the distance... Nothing to flash...

It doesn't work now coz of the position of the sensors with the fins of my rear bodykit its causing inteference with the sensors...

But i will post up pics to give u a idea...

jl88rl
16-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Thanks pumz for quick replies:)

Pum[Z]
16-06-2005, 11:08 PM
No prb..

I'm actually not at home atm so i can't take pics of the car... My sensors are stick on sensors and not drill in sensors.. I wish i had drill in sensors...

*sigh* if not my sensors would still be working now...

Sulley
16-06-2005, 11:16 PM
I've got drill in sensors, got the dealer to fit them in..
6 sensors around the middle of the rer bumper.
Just a beeping sound that increases frequency as you get closer and finally a monotonous tone when you're really close.
1 sensor is down at the moment though, guy's coming to replace it next week.

jl88rl
16-06-2005, 11:20 PM
So these dealer sensors have option of either drillin or stick on ??

Suntzu
16-06-2005, 11:27 PM
I want to get these fitted to mine when the car arrives. If I get the sensors from ebay, will the dealer fit them or can you suggest a professional way to get them fitted?

Sulley
16-06-2005, 11:28 PM
i think it varies from various dealers.
mine only had the drill in version..

Suntzu
17-06-2005, 12:01 AM
I just saw the Taurus T123 ! Man for $189 and completely concealed. Im sold. I wonder if I have to remove the bumper though?

I mean for the extra money why would you have unsightly holes in your bumper? I'll email them. cheers

Aratahu
17-06-2005, 12:04 AM
I ordered the Honda rear sensors as part of the black 5AT 05 Lux package. Pretty expensive, but I really wanted it to be covered by the 5 year warrany. Looking forward to report on their effectiveness, delivery eta is 2-3 weeks.

VirIIx
17-06-2005, 12:08 AM
i personally find the beeping annoying :p

it's bad enough that you have to put up with the seatbelt warning ;)

learn to fricken park is the nicest way i could put it :)

Aratahu
17-06-2005, 07:01 AM
i personally find the beeping annoying :p

it's bad enough that you have to put up with the seatbelt warning ;)

learn to fricken park is the nicest way i could put it :)

That's not really such a great statement. There's a good few little ones that each year seemingly from nowhere manage to warp themselves into the path of reversing vehicles, with pretty catastrophic results. Whilst a reversing camera is a better protection, sensors provide a cheaper yet somewhat effective alternative.

The rear bit of the euro is pretty tall compared to other vehicles, such as the Civic - to make a comparison I'm qualified for. This tallness provides for reduced rear view, with a greater blind angle. Sensors as such do make sense from a safety point of view.

VirIIx
17-06-2005, 09:02 AM
I can accept that reasoning aratahu. I used to drive a Chrysler Neon which also had a high back because of the way the car was sloped, and the more modern mercedez C200K which is also similar when it comes to the style of the rear. I'm used to the high backs so i can make a fair assessment when parking.

Unlike driving a holden station wagon which is my father's car, it's a damn large and wide car - that i can vouch for and parking isn't much easier, but if you're reversing it's clear and easy because there is no blind spot as to how far the tail might stick out.

We used to also own an older 1990's mercedez, E180, that thing was like a box but was easy to park because you could see the rear.

I have a spoiler on my car - and it's not only for cosmetics, it is used as an aid to assist with assessing parking. When you park, you try to utilise the environment around you eg. reflective windows, the reflection of your taillights against a wall; to help you park. Even while parallel parking, if the person infront of you (which you use as a guide) has parked say away from the kerb (which does happen) and sometimes the car is more wide/narrow than yours, it will also affect your judgement.

I can accept where people are coming from when they say they want sensors or camera's and i've seen these 'gadgets' in cars and they do look cool. Well.. the camera is cool - the beepers are annoying :) but then you could also say it's as useless as satellite navigation in it's infancy. It's cool, great concept but it'll either work.. or won't work (and im speaking strictly about cars with sat/gps nav).

I could say confidently i'd be a lot faster, pulling over, looking up the map in a few seconds and be on my way. I don't wanna mess around typing/punching in an address and then let the system work out where i am and try to tell me where to go. God forbid, my shortcuts are faster :)

Conclusion to this all, whatever is more comfortable with anyone. But I don't like to be too reliable on driving aids. I'm a confident person, I'd like to think other people are. Aids will not make you a better driver, you have to learn that from experience, and be more aware.

I've given up on scratches and dents in my car, perhaps if these people were better at parking and had more respect it might prevent damaging other people's properties. So i can't see how they would care anymore about their own property.

Even with these aids, I still think *bumping dodgem style* into someone is still going to happen because the person might not even be able to understand the technology - it's beeping faster for a reason! or.. you have a camera.. look into it..

just my 2 cents :)

Suntzu
17-06-2005, 09:32 AM
VirIIx,

Im getting them for my missus, shes 4 foot nothing and its hard enough for me to see over the back, let alone sitting lower. Ive never ever hit anything in a car park etc in my entire life. BUT its pays to be careful. Also, next to my unit is a house full of kids out the front so I want to take some precautions. In addition to this my current car looks ok with a spoiler, and it assists in parking but I dont like the look of it on the sleek Euro.

I am going to get some kind of GPS , we got lost going to sign up for the car in sydney for 2 hours fighting over maps. Im looking now at the best portable system for car and on foot.

Now has anyone used this taurus system?

jl88rl
17-06-2005, 09:51 AM
Thats one of the main reasons why it'll be good for the sensors; i have heaps of kids in my neighbourhood too and i just reverse like nothing outta my driveway :D

Would a 6 sensor LCD parking sensor justify $120 guys ?

So honda comes with 2 rear ones, how much did they cost ?

jl88rl
17-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks aratahu any info would be great :D

aaronng
17-06-2005, 10:49 AM
I don't have reverse sensors, but even if I did, I would check the rear for any sign of life first before reversing out. I don't want to get complacent with any technological assistance.

BTW, shop window reflections are your best friend when parking.

jamchen
17-06-2005, 11:11 AM
so i'd say reversing CCD camera is a better option :cool:
anyway, just my experience, dealers do not install sensors! even if you are them for sensors as an option, they call someone to installed on site for them! and normally they charge over 400 bux for that option.... :thumbdwn:
i've got my sensors off ebay, (6 sensor kit with a display on dashboard) and it costed me 250 all up...
so shop around and find some electrician to intall for you~

hihidamon
17-06-2005, 11:19 AM
VirIIx,
I am going to get some kind of GPS , we got lost going to sign up for the car in sydney for 2 hours fighting over maps. Im looking now at the best portable system for car and on foot.

Now has anyone used this taurus system?

I have the Co-pilot 5.0 on my PocketPC with Bluetooth GPS receiver. Works great! But again, the only thing I dont like is my HP Pocket PC has Micro$oft Windows mobile 2003 O/S, which is not reliable enough.

hihidamon
17-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Hi guys,

If you are that desperate to get reverse sensors installed and you are in Sydney area, contact the seller of the below item for real cheap kits ($55 for a kit of 4 sensors and display), i reckon high quality too. Go and pick it up, they are located in Botany area I think. Mind you I have no connection with this company just in just you would wonder :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4545287783

hihidamon
17-06-2005, 11:41 AM
To be honest, I for one wouldn't put anything on such a slick bar on the Euro though. Why do you want to damage (4 round holes) your car in the first place for the sake of protecting your car from "potential" damages down the track? I wonder...

I did a search a while back though, there is an invisible parking system available actually. Instead of ultrasonic based, this is installed behind/inside the bumperbar and utilises electromagnetic field to pick up objects, and no more blind spots from sensors to sensors. Go here and have a look http://www.bumpercare.com/

I tried to enquire about their product, but unfortunately I havent heard back since April. Maybe you guys can give it a try and let me know?

EuroAccord13
17-06-2005, 11:59 AM
The amount you pay for the sensors, might as well get a reverse camera and a Liliput screen... Looks more stylish too LOL!

Suntzu
17-06-2005, 12:43 PM
I did a search a while back though, there is an invisible parking system available actually. Instead of ultrasonic based, this is installed behind/inside the bumperbar and utilises electromagnetic field to pick up objects, and no more blind spots from sensors to sensors. Go here and have a look http://www.bumpercare.com/

I tried to enquire about their product, but unfortunately I havent heard back since April. Maybe you guys can give it a try and let me know?

Sound slike the taurus unit mentioned earlier in this thread. I emailed them also.

VirIIx
17-06-2005, 01:09 PM
I have the Co-pilot 5.0 on my PocketPC with Bluetooth GPS receiver. Works great! But again, the only thing I dont like is my HP Pocket PC has Micro$oft Windows mobile 2003 O/S, which is not reliable enough.

i've got an xda ii mini myself, i've been thinking about using that as a gps receiver for maps for fun. I like gimmicky things :p

how much did it cost you to set it all up? any reference points to get my started?

hihidamon
17-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Sound slike the taurus unit mentioned earlier in this thread. I emailed them also.
You have a website for the Taurus? You have any idea on how much is it? is it easy to DIY?

Pum[Z]
17-06-2005, 01:47 PM
Okies here's my reverse sensors...

Its just a 2 sensor.. Nothing to fancy that sticks/ drilled to the bottom of the bumper... The fins from my bodykit are giving the sensors in accurate readings.. If only i could move those sensors to be drilled in the middle of my bumper it would all be solved...

http://img296.echo.cx/img296/7859/dscf00427dk.jpg

The beeper speaker is located behind the back passenger headrest...

http://img296.echo.cx/img296/660/dscf00458wh.jpg

& the distance controller LED was put on top of my steering wheel...

http://img296.echo.cx/img296/1964/dscf00476xv.jpg

Costed me $305 from the Honda Dealer when i got the car... It was pretty expensive but then again i was going to be protected by a 5 year warranty...

hihidamon
17-06-2005, 01:47 PM
i've got an xda ii mini myself, i've been thinking about using that as a gps receiver for maps for fun. I like gimmicky things :p

how much did it cost you to set it all up? any reference points to get my started?

I purchased the co-pilot live 4.0 package back in the beginning of 04 i think. Apart from my ipaq4150, the bundle cost me around $950, which includes software, australia wide maps, and a emtac btgps (very nice unit actually).

Recently I upgraded from 4.0 to 5.0 for $195 and I now get much improved graphics and map updates.

However I ve seen deals on the Mio all in one ppc navigation unit for $699 at Strathfield, comes bundled with the same co-pilot 5.0 and will work staight away, no more to pay, amazing price really.

I wonder how technology depreciates rapidly in such a short time these days

jl88rl
17-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Wow thanks heaps Pumz :D ! .. Once again a quick efficient post from u!

I couldnt find them but noticed them under the bumper. $305 a bit deer for 2 sensors but at least u got 5 years warranty with that.

Pum[Z]
17-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Jl88rl..

U say urs is a 6 sensor one right?? Is that the 2 sensor for front and 4 sensor for back?? or is it all 6 sensors at back...

Never seen a 6 sensor reverse sensors before...

If u do install it tell us how much the installation was and do us some pics :D

MIRZ
17-06-2005, 02:38 PM
i bought reverse parking sensors from ebay for $65 and installed them by myself. Total Cost = $65

time taken = 2 hours.

it has four sensors on the back plus a small display which shows distance and gives warning only in reverse gear.

best part is that you can choose colour for your sensors, so no need to install black sensors on my silver accord. :wave:
on normal running it displays internal car temperature.

jl88rl
17-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Hey pumz its 2 at front and 4 in rear.

Npz hopefully remember to take before and after pics when i find an installer.

Mirz, is it hard? I rekon the most difficult bit would be taking off the rear bumper?

MIRZ
17-06-2005, 03:06 PM
its damn easy mate.

1 - open your boot
2 - four black plastic screws, open them.
3 - 4 screws on the bottom of your bumper. open them.
4 - one screw on each side where your mud-flaps are, open them.
5 - you are ready to pull you bumper cover.

i did not know, thats why it took me longer to figure it out. now i can open my rear bumper cover in less than 15 mins mate, LOL.

i can take pics of my car and post them here tonite if you want.

but i dont think Euro would be very different, but still better check in user manual , how to remove rear bumper cover in Euro.

jl88rl
17-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Nice work hehe, yeh ill check the manual!

Thanks for that!

Villainous_J
17-06-2005, 04:51 PM
I got them on my car as an additional after-sales extra. Cost $450 I think, I got beepy ones, but they are worth it for two reasons. 1. I didn't get a spoiler. 2. With a flush rear like the Euro, there's no bumper bar to absorb any impact, so any slight tap is gonna show.

kam
17-06-2005, 06:20 PM
ah what happended to the good ol days when people could actually drive without all these fancy gizmo's...

Aratahu
17-06-2005, 07:04 PM
ah what happended to the good ol days when people could actually drive without all these fancy gizmo's...
What's the chance people were saying this about cruise controls when they were first introduced? ;)

Suntzu
17-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Amen to that Brutha ...

jl88rl
17-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Lol :D

Thanks for all ur repsonses guys. Much appreciated once again!

Fr3aKi3
18-06-2005, 12:34 PM
This is kinda related...

but anyways my boss has the VW 4wd, the huge one based on the porsche cayenne. The VW touraeg (not sure how u spell it...), he got reverse sensors installed since its a big car n all n i swear its funni. This system doesnt beep it actually has a computer generated voice, a female one at that. It verbally tells you the distance, which is funni when the sensors pick up a change in gradient or another odbject. Distance goes from 2.5m to 1m and back to 1.8m even though the car is still reversing... quick-ish reversing also gives the system a good work out too, it scrambles to notify the driver...

Back on topic when we got our car the dealer wanted something like 400-600 for a 4 sensor kit. Decided not to get it since 400+ is overpriced way over priced imo. Dad didnt like the idea of having 4 things on the bumper either, did a bit of searching and found the Taurus T123 (no need to drill holes, it just stick behind the bumper like what others have shown). Cost of it was abt $190 exc installtion. I'll have a look n see if i can find the details again but i think i found a supplier in AUS.

Fr3aKi3
18-06-2005, 03:49 PM
For any interested in the Taurus T123 here's a link, its a pdf file though.

http://www.oyb.com.au/downloads/T123_Fact_Sheet.pdf#search='taurus%20t123'

Apparently OYB (distributors for Taurus) are wholesalers... dunno if they sell to public.

learner
19-06-2005, 05:19 AM
parking sensor over AU$50 = :eek:
check this out......... for AU$15, u get

4 sensors
1 Control unit
1 DISPLAY with LED Digit (In Meters) and
two light bars, built-in buzzer
1 Hole drilling module for electric drill
English Manual

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7981091399

here is another one.... AU$7 .... YES.. is SEVEN DOLLARS ONLY
http://www.ebay.com.hk/viItem?ItemId=7981739146

y waste money on this... jeremy :D ... they all do the SAME job.. isnt it

TO PUMZ :wave: : $305 for da sensors...... is your parking sensor have a anti-crash function or sth ;)

Suntzu
19-06-2005, 10:10 AM
I got an email from www.tradingdirect.com.au and they have the TAURUS and will ship for $6. I amtold by them that I do NOT have to remove the bumper (as long as I can get under the car) and that freight is $6. I know its 3x the cost of the ebay ones but I am not drilling my new euro and the bar becomes a complete sensore, not a 2-4 spot partial. Im going to order that this week. I will report in.

ikebin
19-06-2005, 05:48 PM
i have dealer installed sensors on my euro which cost me 500$. It's drilled into the bumper . I find they are quite sensitive, could sense a long stalk of a plant, and there is a distance monitor in the rear view mirror. They are a worthy investment but they seem to only come in black (dealer ones) which looks a little akward on silver car.

Aratahu
19-06-2005, 07:00 PM
The 2005 accessories brochure have rear sensors listed. We should be getting those, so they'll be Honda OEM. Have no idea what the final functionality is like, and the original quoted price is $600 but this was all put into the package so it is hard to tell how much I ended up paying for that specific item. Once I get it I will conduct several controlled tests to see what they will pick up and what they won't.

Best thing for me about package deal: Full Honda five year warranty, not having to deal with 3rd parties. I've got a story about how a certain Ming alarm system I got tricked into getting instead of the Honda OEM has been wasting several hours of my life, but really can't be bothered to type it up as it would just be adding more minutes to that tally.

jl88rl
20-06-2005, 12:05 AM
All regrets.

Shoulda posted this thread BEFORE my gf bought me the sensors. But what can i do.

U know what else hurts? My 6 sensor inc 2 at the front wont work as i move forward as it is only operational in reverse!

Anyone know if i can change this setting if i connect it differently?

genk-jomblo
23-06-2005, 06:45 AM
i'm using 4 sensors with LCD (put on hidden location) ... :)
coz I need the beep sound only.

email me at cupang_cc@yahoo.com and I will reply it with the pic .. cheers

hnm738
23-06-2005, 09:48 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31250&item=4557587293&rd=1

this is what i bought for my slf cost $75

received it yesterday, did a little test with the sensor and lcd,,, seems to work fine

LOC888
23-06-2005, 11:24 PM
I got an email from www.tradingdirect.com.au (http://www.tradingdirect.com.au/) and they have the TAURUS and will ship for $6. I amtold by them that I do NOT have to remove the bumper (as long as I can get under the car) and that freight is $6. I know its 3x the cost of the ebay ones but I am not drilling my new euro and the bar becomes a complete sensore, not a 2-4 spot partial. Im going to order that this week. I will report in.

Please let us know how it goes im looking at getting one myself...

genk-jomblo
24-06-2005, 06:29 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31250&item=4557587293&rd=1

this is what i bought for my slf cost $75

received it yesterday, did a little test with the sensor and lcd,,, seems to work fine

this is the one I use for my car .. same brand same model but I paid more ... (a year ago) for around $100

happy with that,
I will be posting picture of my reversing parking soon.

hnm738
24-06-2005, 01:35 PM
yeah apparently 2 weeks ago ppl were bidding up to $100

but lately no one seems to buy them and starting bid is $59 plus $15 delivery so i recking its a good buy...and it works fine

sherry
27-07-2005, 10:43 PM
hey guys
I commend a super cool parking sensor. It is rear view mirror digital display parking sensor system. The system adopts reliability design. Its's connectors, chip and power elements are used according to the aviation technology requirement.And it has 4 years warranty.Reasonable price -about 150bucks.

If anyone is interested in, then you can surf this website and have a look !!!

http://www.deso.com.cn/Product411.asp

Suntzu
27-07-2005, 11:07 PM
I havent been able to fit my new Taurus concealed reverse sensor. I took it to my bro in laws workshop and it was too much work to remove the rear bumper for the available time we had. Theres a lot of extras in there !

Im getting honda to fit it.

Any ideas what they charge for this sort of thing?

jl88rl
27-07-2005, 11:45 PM
I took the back bar off in 5 mins with a friend to help...

Its a handful of screws and plastic clips and the rest you just yank out. :)

mane
28-07-2005, 12:51 AM
I ordered 2 Taurus123 from tradingdirect about 3-4 months ago. Got autobarn to install them on my euro and another car. In the end only one worked. So I wasted $90 fitting cost. However the guy from tradingdirect was pretty good to deal with and offered me full refund on the faulty one.
I then took my euro back to the Honda dealer to fit a OEM one (4 drilled in sensors) for $500 with 3 yr wrty. It actually looks quite nice. I think I noticed with the Taurus123 is that it only beeps while the car is reversing but not stationary even in revere gear. So it may not be as ideal as I initially thought it to be....
Let me know how you guys go with it :)

me_kevinly
24-08-2005, 04:26 PM
this is the one I use for my car .. same brand same model but I paid more ... (a year ago) for around $100

happy with that,
I will be posting picture of my reversing parking soon.

how much did you paid for installing them ??? and where?

me_kevinly
24-08-2005, 04:27 PM
I took the back bar off in 5 mins with a friend to help...

Its a handful of screws and plastic clips and the rest you just yank out. :)

did you fixed the bumper before trying to install the sensors?

jl88rl
24-08-2005, 04:51 PM
I ordered 2 Taurus123 from tradingdirect about 3-4 months ago. Got autobarn to install them on my euro and another car. In the end only one worked. So I wasted $90 fitting cost. However the guy from tradingdirect was pretty good to deal with and offered me full refund on the faulty one.
I then took my euro back to the Honda dealer to fit a OEM one (4 drilled in sensors) for $500 with 3 yr wrty. It actually looks quite nice. I think I noticed with the Taurus123 is that it only beeps while the car is reversing but not stationary even in revere gear. So it may not be as ideal as I initially thought it to be....
Let me know how you guys go with it :)

Why did u order two?? Front n back ?

jl88rl
24-08-2005, 04:52 PM
did you fixed the bumper before trying to install the sensors?

I cant comprehend what ur trying to ask, sorry lol. :o

me_kevinly
24-08-2005, 07:32 PM
I cant comprehend what ur trying to ask, sorry lol. :o

though you said u got a scratch on the bumper

Breeze
24-08-2005, 07:48 PM
I admit I always thought the idea of parking sensors were a bit of a wank. Now I have a euro wagon which is almost as long as a commodore wagon it has a reversing camera factory fited. While the rear view camera is OK for backing down lanes etc it is unreal for the tight reverse park. It has a sort of fisheye lense with a digital yellow line overlay (ie go out of these lines and you will hit something). You can back up to a hairs breadth of another car and still have full rear vision for the width of the back of the car. When Honda does something integrated it really seems to get it right.

jl88rl
24-08-2005, 08:01 PM
though you said u got a scratch on the bumper
oh yeh.. got the sensors done before just incase when i drilled the holes in it would scratch the paint.

But the peice that comes with package is quite good, perfect holes.

nexace
24-08-2005, 11:14 PM
I know a lot of the cars in Malaysia have this option as standard. Haven't seen any front mounted ones though. But the rear ones help drivers park in small spaces. I guess it makes sense if there's many times more cars than there are parking spaces.

as001
28-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Sorry to dig up an old thread but has anyone had Polaris parking sensors installed on their Euro and if so would they recommend them? they quoted
$199.95 for kit
$110.00 install
$44.00 colour code
12 month warranty

TypeG
28-03-2006, 01:43 PM
is install really htat hard to charge $110?

tanalasta
30-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Bit of a silly question, but I notice my parking sensors beep 'once' when I'm reversing out of a carpark and then remain silent. Do they only beep when I am close to an object? They are OEM dealer installed.

Can somebody describe how they are supposed to work? I'm used to sensors that keep beeping.

jamchen
30-05-2006, 05:17 PM
the beep sound u heard is just notice u the reverse sensor is on... so everytime u gear into reverse or from P to D, you wil hear this sound so let you makre sure the sersors are working...
univeral reverse sensors would beep in different time intervals base on how close u have left until u hit something while backing up...
so say if u are reversing parking to off street spot...the sounds would be like
beep............beep..............beep............ beep, and as u reverse close to the car in rear, it would shorten its intervals to something like
beep....beep.....beep.....beep,
and if u r really close,
beep..beep..beep..beep,
and if u keep going until close than say 20cm... it will beep contantly...
but if by then u still dun stop... u will hear......

BANG!!!!!
lol

timmy_12
30-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Bit of a silly question, but I notice my parking sensors beep 'once' when I'm reversing out of a carpark and then remain silent. Do they only beep when I am close to an object? They are OEM dealer installed.

Can somebody describe how they are supposed to work? I'm used to sensors that keep beeping.

the only way you will be able to find out exactly how they work is to try it for yourself someone on here can tell you how theirs work but they might be different to yours even if they are OEM

here is how to test:

1: find a wall that you can see easily from inside the car (just in cast the don't work you can stop without hitting the wall)

Note: a multi story shopping centre carpark is a good place to try and preferbly when there are no other cars around so you don't hit them

2:Put the car in reverse and slowly reverse towards the wall(if you hear nothing put the car in neutral and the handbrake on and check the distance between the car and the wall you will need to get out of the car for this

3: keep repeating step 2 untill your right on the wall

if they don't make a noise or respond how they should take the car to honda to have a look at them and they will fix or demonstrate how they work for you

Thanks Tim

K24A
30-05-2006, 08:08 PM
ye when i got me the 06 euro..i never wanted them sensors cos it makes the rear look ugly..but when i picked the car up..the dealer accidently put them on so it was for free...but ye lucky i got them, very efficient. lol
one thing thats kinda weird for me is that when u reverse the beeping kind of lags..(maybe 2 secs after u stop reversing.) anyone else have that problem..??

kleung
30-05-2006, 10:37 PM
K24A: What colour Euro did you get? The sensors tend to blend in better with darker colours.

The shape of the sensors is important too. Ever noticed the satellite dishes that Ford fits to the back of their Falcons/Fairmonts/Fairlanes?

Timmy_12: Wouldn't it be easier to put the car in reverse with the ignition on, but engine not running and just move an object behind the car?

tanalasta: The system on my car beeps once when reverse is engaged. Then it doesn't beep again until it senses an object within 1.6m, with the frequency of the beeps increasing in a total of three steps, plus a continuous tone when you are 30cm or less from the object.

tanalasta
31-05-2006, 12:33 AM
Thanks Kleung. That's exactly how they work. To my embarassment, I found the instruction manual for the sensors and the warranty for the tinting in my glove box!

K24A
31-05-2006, 04:00 PM
my euro's white but they do stand out a little even though they are color coded..

Omotesando
31-05-2006, 04:24 PM
With the sensors on the Euro (which i don't have) do they beep only but there is not Meter Indicators like in the Mercs and Beamers? They have sensors front and back I think.

Doesn't Euro have front sensors for that price? :S

kleung
31-05-2006, 04:34 PM
You often can option the display in, depending on the kit you buy. Honda, AFAIK, don't have them as factory options on the AUDM Euro.

I asked about the display when I bought my car and was told it would cost me about $150 more to get the display, and more again if I wanted sensors on the front. The dealer told me that another customer who had their Euro delivered earlier the same day had front sensors.

Frankly, when I'm reversing, I'd rather look out the back/side windows than depend on a display. The beeping is enough for me. YMMV. MB and BMW have sensors available as factory options, and are generally very well integrated.

FYI, the system fitted to my car is the 4-sensor "ParkSafe (http://www.burgdesign.com.au/catalogue/product_info.php?cPath=126&products_id=885&PHPSESSID=3fbe787a8798c4882bed72e70108b401)" one. The sensors blend really well, but they are extremely expensive if you can't get them as a 'deal'.

petsfact
31-05-2006, 10:22 PM
you bunch of coward. there will be noice if you knock into something... DON'T WORRY SO MUCH!!!!! :D

jk.... seriously if you want to be a good driver train yourself up without using sensor.....

it's really much better and faster when you are in the hurry... like 15 minutes lunch break????!!!!!!

kuyar11
28-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Hey i own a 06' manual Euro. have a problem with my reverse sensors. When i shift to reverse in does not make the beep noise that it used to and when i do reverse the sensors do not beep as well. Anyone else had the same issue? could it be a electrical/fuse problem? Thanks

smith1998
26-03-2010, 08:08 PM
i have dealer installed sensors on my euro which cost me 500$. It's drilled into the bumper . I find they are quite sensitive, could sense a long stalk of a plant, and there is a distance monitor in the rear view mirror. They are a worthy investment but they seem to only come in black (dealer ones) which looks a little akward on silver car.

by coincidence , i find www.carsda.com , this parking sensor company have the display can be painted to different color to match car interior.

some models especially the wireless rear view system look fashionable. :wave:

petermai_86
10-05-2011, 09:23 PM
hi guys is there a trick to removing the boot carpet/lining? i've taken those black clips out but still cant move the carpet/lining, having trouble routing the wires and cables for my reverse parking sensors.

DataGrub
02-08-2011, 11:06 PM
That's not really such a great statement. There's a good few little ones that each year seemingly from nowhere manage to warp themselves into the path of reversing vehicles, with pretty catastrophic results. Whilst a reversing camera is a better protection, sensors provide a cheaper yet somewhat effective alternative.

The rear bit of the euro is pretty tall compared to other vehicles, such as the Civic - to make a comparison I'm qualified for. This tallness provides for reduced rear view, with a greater blind angle. Sensors as such do make sense from a safety point of view.

From personal experience it has saved 3 dogs 1 pram 1 kid on a skateboard with
a Ipod on in a car park where skateboarding and scooters are not permitted 2 of the kids next door , and a lovely old lady using a walking frame that was on the rear drivers side moving slowly add to that the rear view camera and with 8 sensors you can see people walk across either in front or rear on the display number of beeps telling you their proximity + the camera dipping mirror makes it so easy to park in tight spots .
I'm so glad I chose the CU2 lux Navi and appreciating more day by day !!!
And I drove a Cab in Sydney for 3 years in the late 70's so I have had a bit of experience in quick parking if we had theses then we would have had less to pay for insurance { Minor dings } Cheers proud Owner