PDA

View Full Version : ECU ATTN: toda au, dynodave

mister
17-06-2005, 01:39 AM
after reading through many threads on ecus, brands, tunability there is some things i want to make sure of.

it seems it is suggested that if i have obd1, that using that with hondata s200 is better than using a power fc + jumper harness, or vice versa if i have obd2.

(simplfied)
scenerio 1 : obd1 - hondata > power fc + jumper harness
scenerio 2 : obd2 - power fc > hondata with obd2 chip/harness.

is this a general rule of thumb because one is better than the other, or simply because it is easier ie u do not have to change harness?

thanks. :rolleyes: (probably more queastions to come...)

sivic
17-06-2005, 03:56 AM
umm...
there is no general rule of thumb when it comes to ecus. but in this case i dont see how the powerfc will be better to tune an OBD2 over hondata. or why you would think this to be the case. from what i have heard hondata offers a much better option and basically, is better.
from what i have seen powerfc doesnt give the smoothest tune with idle and cold start issues to name a few.
i think you may have got the impression that powerfc is better as it is a plug and play option for OBD2 B series where as hondata requires a harness (yes?)
but i'm sure the more knowledgeable will be able to give a more concrete answer:thumbsup:

mister
17-06-2005, 02:52 PM
i think you may have got the impression that powerfc is better as it is a plug and play option for OBD2 B series where as hondata requires a harness (yes?)
:thumbsup:

this is basically what i am ask.

on the other side : the impression i get is that hondata is better as it is a plug and play option for OBD1 b series where as power fc requires a harness.

from reading through many threads it seems when it comes to obd2, it is better to use power fc, and when it comes to obd1 it is better to use hondata.

i have read that people saying, "you have got obd1, why bother going with power fc + jumper harness, when the obd1 is a perfect and great starting point. just use hondata". is it simply because obd1 is great platform itself, or is it because it is just simpler to use hondata (wihtout harness)

adrian? dave?

sivic
18-06-2005, 04:49 AM
just to clarify. plug and play doesnt mean a better tune.....
just easier

jimmeh
18-06-2005, 09:27 AM
this is basically what i am ask.

on the other side : the impression i get is that hondata is better as it is a plug and play option for OBD1 b series where as power fc requires a harness.

from reading through many threads it seems when it comes to obd2, it is better to use power fc, and when it comes to obd1 it is better to use hondata.

i have read that people saying, "you have got obd1, why bother going with power fc + jumper harness, when the obd1 is a perfect and great starting point. just use hondata". is it simply because obd1 is great platform itself, or is it because it is just simpler to use hondata (wihtout harness)

adrian? dave?

either way both these ECUs do the same thing. iv been told the Power FC is a bitch to tune if u only have the hand controller. but other than that theres nothing wrong with it u might wanna look at this

http://www.hondatech.com.au/ecu_comparison_page.htm

tinkerbell
19-06-2005, 10:55 AM
that HONDATA comparison page is so full of crap!

why the hell would you look on a ECU manufatures site for a objective unbiased comparison of ECU's?

(no offence Jimmeh)