PDA

View Full Version : Good Stuff Vs. Other Stuff

CIVIX
17-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering, would it be wise to buy a decent quality Short Ram intake like AEM, that has proven gains or go for something generic like Simota or similar for my d series engine? Money isn't too much of an issue and their is a possibility that I may sell the car in a year or so or do an engine swap.

BTW, I hope this is in the right place?

Cheers.

EGB16A
17-06-2005, 02:07 PM
i've heard good things about the J's racing intake... while it is a bit more expensive than the others, performance and response is also said to be better. Not sure if they are available for the D series though??

type one
17-06-2005, 02:10 PM
J's racing tsuchinoko will fit a D. It is a great intake and better than those cheapass short ram jobs...

IMO simota makes a copy which is prolly just as good but plastic...

egSi
17-06-2005, 02:11 PM
J's racing tsuchinoko will fit a D. It is a great intake and better than those cheapass short ram jobs...

IMO simota makes a copy which is prolly just as good but plastic...

there is a cf copy of js im running atm, kicks ass :thumbsup:

EGB16A
17-06-2005, 02:19 PM
there is a cf copy of js im running atm, kicks ass :thumbsup:

there you go civix, your problems are solved! lol! :thumbsup:

bubblecivic
17-06-2005, 02:20 PM
If your after maximum gains then get a CAI not a SRI.

Yeah the J's Racing replica from egsi looks the good. IMO there isn't much to gain from an intake so don't bother spending big bucks unless your going to mod the usual i/h/e.

CIVIX
17-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Great!

I will look into the J's Racing intake. Sounds promising...

The usual mods will apply, I/H/E, but for now i'm looking at getting something that would be worthwhile. So what are your opinions of the AEM short ram?

Cheers.

CTR Coupe
17-06-2005, 05:55 PM
have a look into the comptech icebox. Nice and legal and has cold air induction.