PDA

View Full Version : LS worthy chassis?

Steer^Gimic
17-06-2005, 06:52 PM
hey guys, still doing homework as to what car i want to get for my next one. just recently threw into the mix the idea of a DA series Teg. The car's main purpose will 'eventually' be track but will be road registered.

so what do you guys think? in terms of suspension availabilty and chassis tuning, you think a DA could have potential, like a ED/EF/EG for example?

bennjamin
17-06-2005, 08:29 PM
just ask Tinkerbell on this very forum - he had a LS teg ( older teg...not sure which year) and it went vewry well on the track. Started with stock and he got up to a b20setup and ran decent numbers -

wait ofcourse for Dave to reply and totally correct me :)

NTR16N
19-06-2005, 10:25 PM
i am probably biased to the idea but i think the car is great all round... i drive pretty hard and have taken it down the strip a couple of times doing pretty good times considering what ive done...

the body is quite lighter than the dc2 shape with the plenty of options for engine upgrades... power to weight?? ;)

tinkerbells LS does mid 13s down the quarta to give u an idea of what u can do...

vtml
20-06-2005, 09:19 AM
There's someone doing 1:51 at Phillip Island with a LS integra running a non-vtec 1.8L engine. His car is a decked out track car though, and he's a great driver.

mini_s2000
20-06-2005, 10:53 AM
i think there a great car in terms of value for money... dont know about their engine conversion capabilities though

crispy
20-06-2005, 03:08 PM
there is not a great deal out there but u can always get parts from an eg/ek/dc2 and fit them.. ie. coilovers with the use of the respecting control arms etc. There is huge potential for tuning a da series.. u just need to kno wat yur doin

weezer
21-06-2005, 10:23 AM
There's someone doing 1:51 at Phillip Island with a LS integra running a non-vtec 1.8L engine. His car is a decked out track car though, and he's a great driver.

its actually a LS/VTEC vince ;)