PDA

View Full Version : Draft New rule changes for 2008

enoch
17-06-2005, 10:05 PM
hi guys, the last thread was too full, starting a new one. hope you guys dont mind

link http://www.formula1.com/news/3175.html

what do you guys think?
i like the wheel idea, other ideas im hmm about it.

Jus-10
18-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Whoa.....flash back to the olden days!

Should make for some pretty interesting driving though....full slicks, no traction, manual gearboxes....CRAZY SH*T!

In principle the idea sounds pretty good, though I am not too keen on alot of things becoming standard issue (ECUs, gear ratios, etc). I can understand the reasoning behind it all (i.e. cost reduction) but as I have always said, this is the pinnacle of motor sport...it is where the big boys come to play and I don't want it to turn in to a glorified one make "style" series....

If it improves the closeness of the racing though, I am all for it.

I wonder if the cars will go back to looking like this?:

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=512/1083sen7.jpg

D16Y
18-06-2005, 04:30 PM
whoa very interesting, dun agree the ban on pit-to-car telemetry tho

Vivski
18-06-2005, 06:33 PM
No doubt we'll hear about it on RPM tomorrow.

LUD02C
19-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Only 30,000kms of testing = stuipid

I like the idea of more mechanical grip of aero grip, but banning tyre blackets and that is dangerous!

One tyre supplier is good in a way, but also could be looked at a monoply!

I agree with some, but others I think Max is MAD!

Hondavirgin
20-06-2005, 09:12 AM
I like the manual gearboxes, return to slicks etc, but not the standard ecu's, 10% downforce (reduce it but not that much!) standard gear ratios....

Like Jus-10 said, its the pinnacle of motorsport, it should be allowed to be developed not restricted. I don't want to watch CART cars running.....

and racing this year has been great i think, whats the problem with it?

berniebern
20-06-2005, 03:07 PM
I like the manual gearboxes, return to slicks etc, but not the standard ecu's, 10% downforce (reduce it but not that much!) standard gear ratios....

LOVE the idea of returning to slicks !! I remember how insane and exciting it was when bad weather was looming and how teams gambling on staying with slicks paid off.

Also think the manual gearbox is a good idea. F1 cars were turning into fighter planes.