PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Integra...

pintorulz
17-06-2005, 10:43 PM
I wanted to get a sports exhaust for my GSI tegg... I was wondering what i should get and how much should i spend... all iwant to do is replace the stock mufler and get a deep vroom noise........

kousoku
17-06-2005, 11:16 PM
umm, i think this has been covered a few times before.

its prob better in future if you do want some feedback is to have a little more criterea. Ie. budget.
future mods,
any personal preferences you have developed from the research that you should have done before starting this thread :D

TEG61E
17-06-2005, 11:58 PM
Whatever you do mate, dont go cheap! The cheap ones use low-grade fibreglass to pack the mufflers. This melts at high temperatures causing the muffler to no longer "muffle" properly. I learnt this the hard way...heheh...

pintorulz
18-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Whatever you do mate, dont go cheap! The cheap ones use low-grade fibreglass to pack the mufflers. This melts at high temperatures causing the muffler to no longer "muffle" properly. I learnt this the hard way...heheh...

So how much should i be looking at and from where??? any particular brands... and wat size outlets...i went to Australia's best and they quoted me $150 is that how much i should be looking at getting??

pintorulz
18-06-2005, 10:41 AM
umm, i think this has been covered a few times before.

its prob better in future if you do want some feedback is to have a little more criterea. Ie. budget.
future mods,
any personal preferences you have developed from the research that you should have done before starting this thread :D

Well i have been looking at various forums..... my only future mod would be installing a K&N pod intake filter and lowerin my car two inches and installed a lip kit, budget would be around 200-300 installed for the exhaust..

TEG61E
18-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Is that $150 installed? if so then thats reallly cheap. If not then its still cheap...if all u want is sound, and u dont mind it being really loud than go for it. Otherwise if u dont want it to piss u off like my one does, go for a branded one...not sure about their prices though. Just do some research on the net and make some calls for pricing...

locote
18-06-2005, 09:03 PM
go for a 2.25 inch, retain stok cat, get a hot dog put on, and a rear mild steel muffler witha nice tip bro..

Youl get awsome sound out of it!! no drowny shit!!!! for something like that ud be paying between 250 and 350

all depends and quality man.

urbanracer.com
19-06-2005, 01:00 AM
:wave:

if ur not after performance then just get the muffler.. dont waste your money on piping, etc..

if ur in perth, get a cypher muffler.. they are decent for the price you pay and probably the sound that ur after. i had one on my old car... just for the sound factor and got it fitted at one of the workshops for $50.00...

www.cypherindustries.com.au - goto the catalog section..

dunno if they ship interstate.. otherwise you can probably get one thru www.modyoucar.com.au

i didnt have any problems with melting fibreglass, etc.. sounded awesome though. gave me the *rice factor* :D

locote
19-06-2005, 01:15 AM
have you taken it to the motorplex??

Why Cypher??? theres heaps off places that sell mufflers, even get a cheaper one of Ebay!!

type one
19-06-2005, 02:07 AM
Just get an axle back. Its simple and effective. Go Jap.

pintorulz
19-06-2005, 02:18 AM
Just get an axle back. Its simple and effective. Go Jap.

What is the difference between catback and axel back???

djgarv
19-06-2005, 02:36 AM
your muffler is attached to a short pipe...and is connected with springy screws to the rest of your exhaust, roughly where your rear wheels are. if you don't get an axel back and just get a cannon muffler or something...they disconnect the bolts, hack off your muffler, and weld on the new one. Whereas axel back muffler comes with that pipe and should bolt straight on without any chopping/welding. Catback exhaust comes from....your cat! Which is located kinda near where your gear stick is? So it's almost the entire length of the car

urbanracer.com
19-06-2005, 08:10 PM
have you taken it to the motorplex??

Why Cypher??? theres heaps off places that sell mufflers, even get a cheaper one of Ebay!!

why cypher? can go any1 he/she wants.. just a suggestion from my experience and all he/she wants it for is sound.. the cypher muffler gave a good sound on my old car.. no power gain at all.

my point on my post was that he/she doesnt need to waste money on piping (ie stainless steel cat back, mandrel bends, etc) if he/she just wants sound.. just put an axel back..

urbanracer.com
19-06-2005, 08:17 PM
if u want jap, you can spend $600 like a friend did.. (look familiar typearhh?) :D and will have the same result.

http://img97.echo.cx/img97/1831/jictitaniummini2va.jpg

otherwise.. one off ebay.. traders taht sell xforce or one in a workshop sells will do the job that you want..

http://www.modyourcar.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=9_68&products_id=3061

NTR16N
19-06-2005, 10:32 PM
we should really make something sticky for exhaust headers, tips, mufflers... and compare them in contrast to price performance etc...

one of peoples first mods and alot of questions asked about it...