PDA

View Full Version : Antenna problem

BlakTegra
31-01-2004, 10:10 PM
I've got an Integra and the other day, I while I was driving into my garage, I pressed the remote to close the roller door. Being a bimbo I am, I pressed it too early and the roller door hit my antenna while it was fully extended.

The antenna was bent so I straightened it up with my hands and turned off the engine.
While the antenna was powering down, it suddenly stopped 3/4 of the way and made a funny noise. Hard to explain the noise. So now when the engine is turned off, the anntena is 3/4 down. I tried to push it all the way down but no good.

What does this mean and what should I do guys? HELP!

Spoon-Accord
31-01-2004, 10:21 PM
does it go .. tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk
it means u bent the tube.. the motor is trying to pull down the atenna but the attena has a dint in it making it get stuck and go tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk

:D

u have to replace it with a new attena my friend as it is not easy or impposible to fix

Ken

Javed
31-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Mine goes tul tuk tuk tuk tuk, came like that with the car, how much are these bastids to replace? :(

vti-2
01-02-2004, 02:24 AM
hahaha. :D

This is a common problem with Integra's. I replaced mine with a brand new one (i bought my Teg with a screwed antenna). If you want one, send me a PM and i'll see what i can do. I should be able to get you one brand new from Honda.

By the way, only for Melb guys. ;)

Rowie
01-02-2004, 08:55 AM
hahaha. :D

This is a common problem with Integra's. I replaced mine with a brand new one (i bought my Teg with a screwed antenna). If you want one, send me a PM and i'll see what i can do. I should be able to get you one brand new from Honda.

By the way, only for Melb guys. ;)
thats okay vic, we can get out own antenna's :P

Spoon-Accord
01-02-2004, 09:43 AM
my accord does it too..
just try and find the crimple.. use pointy noise pliers and try to straighten the crimples.. .. my one now does go tuk tuk tuk much any more..
its use to go tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk.. now it just goes.. tuk tuk..
cause it's pulled most of the attena down

:D

Ken

Fhrx
01-02-2004, 10:43 AM
You don't have to buy the entire antenna. You can get replacement inserts (aerial with the nylon toothed pull cord) from Honda. :)

They go for around $120 for the Integra from memory.

vti-2
01-02-2004, 11:36 AM
You don't have to buy the entire antenna. You can get replacement inserts (aerial with the nylon toothed pull cord) from Honda. :)

Yep. It's not the whole antenna.

By the way Rowie, of course you can get an antenna yourself but will it be as cheap? :D

toE
02-02-2004, 01:02 AM
I broke my antenna :(

Going to replace it with a spring-based rubber one....soon! :)

tofu R
02-02-2004, 06:58 AM
hehe barr that mate ..
i got an antenna at home from my integra
u can buy it if u want .
but if not .. ill sell u an s2k antenna plus custom base ..
all u need to do is to find a good way of fastening the bottom of the antenna ..
heres a pic ..
http://members.optusnet.com.au/ejcheung/DSC03553.JPG

BlakTegra
03-02-2004, 10:38 AM

$120 just for the inserts?!?!??!?! Imagine the complete kit!!

Shoot me dead and slap my yellow hairy ass!

..i got an antenna at home from my integra
u can buy it if u want .
but if not .. ill sell u an s2k antenna plus custom base ..
all u need to do is to find a good way of fastening the bottom of the antenna ..
How much?

BlakTegra
03-02-2004, 10:41 AM
What should I do guys?

1. Replace the inserts
2. Second hand one (maybe wreckers) or ..
3. Change over to something else thats abit cheaper than the Honda one