PDA

View Full Version : Armrest fabric for 94 Accord VTi ?

DeSloth
17-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Howdy all. I'm new around here and stuff, but I have recently acquired a '94 Accord VTi.

As suggested by the title, I'm after the fabric for the padded lid / armrest thing between the 2 front seats. Over the years, rubbing during gearshifts has worn it very badly. I wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem and managed to get it replaced? Yes I could and should go somewhere and have it done, but I'm one seriously poor uni student.

On a related note, does anybody else have problems hitting the lid on every gearshift? I found it a whole lot better when I removed the lid to change the fabric!

I have searched for this info, and didn't manage to find an answer to this. Apologies if I missed the obvious :o

ICACHA
17-06-2005, 11:49 PM
the only thing you could do is try honda and find out how much for a replacement lid or try different motor trimmers...

h22a accord
18-06-2005, 08:56 AM
hey, you should try and track down another accord at the wreckers and pull the trim fabric out of the door trim or cut some off the seat...then either trim it yourself or get it done professionally.

With regards to the lid getting in the way..each to their own...I'm fairly tall so its perfect height to rest my arm on while driving and changing gears.

viperx
18-06-2005, 11:58 AM
same. the armrest was perfect height for resting arm

ICACHA
18-06-2005, 12:04 PM
well im only 5 foot 8 inches and i think its the best place to stash my cigarettes :D

h22a accord
18-06-2005, 02:52 PM
any of you guys noticed the fabric/elastic band under the arm rest? its a good spot for your can of maize

DeSloth
18-06-2005, 05:27 PM
Thanks everyone. Just wondered if anyone had found something suitable in the past.

Looks like a trip to the wreckers then. Can anyone in Brisbane recommend a good wrecker for honda parts, southside and preferrably local to Carindale area? Last time I tried, some d00d wanted to charge me $10 for a single courtesy light switch out of a prehistoric civic. (hah, which I still don't have actually).

I'm 6' but banging my elbow is a regular occurance (this is a manual, btw.) Meh.

Cheers again.

- DeSloth