PDA

View Full Version : EURO >< VTI >< V6

^^v
18-06-2005, 08:19 PM
hey guys need some help!

went for a test drive with my dad today... drove the euro lux n accord vti...
i gotta say... im not sure if it was the demo car .. but the euro wasnt what i expected... cars idle wasnt all that smooth (even my dads current falcon xt mkII idls smoother)... n as u got to bout 80kmph.. there was substantial wind noise (when i say substantial.. u could hear it clearly)... i couldnt really believe it at first... hearing all the good reviews.. ppl raving bout the car.. it was pretty dissapointing... but then again it coulda just been THAT demo car we drove...hmmm

opinions?

2ndly... i'd lik to ask (anyone whoz driven the two).. is the step up to the accord v6 (from the vti) a substantial one?
obviously the v6 is alot more powerful n torquie.. but is it noticiable at low revs (2-3k rpm)?

thankz guys...:wave: :D

ps.. went to ferntree gully honda (melb).. n i gota say the service wasnt all that flash there.
might give eastern honda (@ donnie?) a visit next week...

jamchen
18-06-2005, 08:32 PM
hey man! well i gotta say u might just be bad luck coz you had a test drive car that is F***ED :(
i've driven friend's lux manual and i'd say this car is awesome... the gears were clear and power output was smooth... and didn't hear any noises while cruising!
yes man give other dealers a try.... u an asian?if you are there's a guy in eastern honda who's really nice...
or there's a honda dealer rep. who is a courtney & patterson sales~

i didn't had a chance to test drive the VTI and the V^ but i would say there's a noticeable difference between those two...
one's 118KW and one is 177KW... what do you think :cool:

Fr3aKi3
18-06-2005, 08:54 PM
When we went to the first dealership and took the car for a test drive, the sales rep took us to some quiet, low traffic streets and told us to floor it and this was in an auto Euro. So this may hav caused the dodgy idle, i think the sales rep said it was an 03 standard model (even though we were interested in an 05 Lux). They didnt hav a demo 05 model so drove their 03 one, probably thousands of other ppl hav also been told to "fllor it"...

Cruising speeds are fairly quiet in our euro, got an 05 luxury. One time it was louder than expected, but that was due to me forgetting that I had the car in semi-auto mode :p . So i ended up getting to 60kph at abt 6000rpm in 1st gear, that was fun ;)

Do your remember if the euro had any weather shields on the windows? Coz from what I've read (on the forums), if you have these on the car they actually produce more than desirable wind noise.

As for the Accord Vti and V6, cant help you there. Don't hav any experience whatsoever with those cars.. sorry :o

Sulley
18-06-2005, 09:40 PM
i drove the 3 Litre Accord Lux auto before.
floor it and you get wheels spin! i can't do that on my euro..Loads more torque..I would love to have a 3 litre engine in the euro..

anyway its funny how people here crave for the Euro R so much..
and some people in singapore who own the EUro R are thinking of doing a engine swap for a K24 block.....

stephen8512
18-06-2005, 09:52 PM
i'll take their K20 block for mine :D

Alpine
18-06-2005, 11:23 PM
hey guys need some help!

went for a test drive with my dad today... drove the euro lux n accord vti...
i gotta say... im not sure if it was the demo car .. but the euro wasnt what i expected... cars idle wasnt all that smooth (even my dads current falcon xt mkII idls smoother)... n as u got to bout 80kmph.. there was substantial wind noise (when i say substantial.. u could hear it clearly)... i couldnt really believe it at first... hearing all the good reviews.. ppl raving bout the car.. it was pretty dissapointing... but then again it coulda just been THAT demo car we drove...hmmm

opinions?

2ndly... i'd lik to ask (anyone whoz driven the two).. is the step up to the accord v6 (from the vti) a substantial one?
obviously the v6 is alot more powerful n torquie.. but is it noticiable at low revs (2-3k rpm)?

thankz guys...:wave: :D

ps.. went to ferntree gully honda (melb).. n i gota say the service wasnt all that flash there.

I can relate very much to your experience. We went in to several Honda dealers with the view of test driving and purchasing an 05 Euro Luxury based on all the rave reviews and keen pricing for a great car. We walked away somewhat disappointed with the Euro. Lacked torque on the highway, high level of road noise/tyre rumble, and seemed cramped in the back seat. Thinking it may have been a dodgy demo car, we test drove another one at a different dealer. This one was a brand new Euro and we were the first ones to test drive it. Same experience as the first Euro. In the end, we got an Accord V6 Luxury. Never looked back since. And yes, there is a shitload of difference between the VTi and V6 Accords!

Ferrarista
19-06-2005, 12:49 AM
floor it and you get wheels spin! i can't do that on my euro..Loads more torque..I would love to have a 3 litre engine in the euro..

anyway its funny how people here crave for the Euro R so much..
and some people in singapore who own the EUro R are thinking of doing a engine swap for a K24 block.....

Why so?

Personally, i think its a better option working the K24 then getting a Euro R. Just seems that the potential is there, what have you heard about it though?

euro77
19-06-2005, 01:24 AM

you probably didn't launch it hard enough?
also, turn off the vsa, make it easier to get wheelspin.
I can easily spin my wheels launching my car even with vsa on.

^^v
19-06-2005, 02:07 AM
you probably didn't launch it hard enough?
also, turn off the vsa, make it easier to get wheelspin.
I can easily spin my wheels launching my car even with vsa on.

hes talkin bout auto tranz.. :)
coz the Accord vti n v6's only come in auto varients..

btw thankz to all who contributed ! :D
appreciate the help...

euro77
19-06-2005, 03:25 AM
whoops.. sorry, my mistake

PNR888
19-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Both versions of Accord (Euro and US version) are great car. Both have very good reviews from car journalists. so depend on your need and drivng/living style, both are great buy. (how about buy one each)

zco
19-06-2005, 10:29 AM
my parents have a 2000model accord. V6-Luxury. It drinks fuel like a fat kid eat's cake. go drive another euro from another place. see if its any different

aaronng
19-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Both cars are different. The Euro's engine is smooth for a large capacity 4 cylinder, but it will not match the smoothness of a good 6-cylinder (I drive a Maxima and Outback too, the Maxima is not as smooth, but Outback is much smoother than the Euro).

Both are different cars. The Euro is for "driving", while the Accord is for "travelling". One you enjoy the experience of getting to the destination, while the other, you try to be as comfortable as possible so that you don't notice the time while getting to the destination.

viperx
19-06-2005, 07:57 PM
nothing beats a straight 6. i wish honda made a vtec straight 6. maybe in the next s2000 (or s3000). now that would be king.

EuroAccord13
19-06-2005, 08:13 PM
I'd go for the V6 Euro if it evers comes in one!

albii
19-06-2005, 08:58 PM
i love the drive of my euro good power and smooth and heaps of fun...i also have a brand new v6 ute heaps of low down torque and great on the freeway i enjoy them both...

albii
19-06-2005, 09:01 PM
I'd go for the V6 Euro if it evers comes in one!
i noticed that in the states they sell an accord 3.0L v6 coupe with the 6sp manual....i would say it would hammer rather hard...

Nickt
20-06-2005, 09:49 AM

Try some other dealers...I recently bought an 05 Lux Auto and found Donny and Ferntree Gully to be very expensive. Courtney and Patterson also said they would beat any price and then could not beat the prices I got elsewhere.

Try Robert Lane Honda in Brighton (you'd think it would be the most expensive but its actually the cheapest) or Westside Honda in Hoppers Crossing...both these dealers will beat any price and have a large range of Accords (Euro and V6) in stock. I got mine from Westside and took delivery one week later! They also have brand new 05 Lux and Standard Euros to test drive.

yfin
20-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Try Robert Lane Honda in Brighton (you'd think it would be the most expensive but its actually the cheapest)

That is weird - when I was shopping they were the most expensive and would not even match (let alone beat) another quote I had.