PDA

View Full Version : B.A.R Honda 006

VTEC16
01-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Jenson and Takuma

etting their first taste of the B.A.R Honda 006 today were new team-mates Jenson Button and Takuma Sato - one of the youngest driver pairings on the 2004 grid. Despite having only recently turned 24 years of age, Jenson is entering his fifth season in Formula One in the role of B.A.R's team leader. Following Takuma's excellent, if somewhat impromptu, race debut for the team in Japan at the end of last season, he is looking forward to benefiting from his wealth of testing experience in his second full season of racing in F1.

"2004 looks set to be a very exciting season for us - Button said - Pre-season testing has been going really well and the highlight so far was setting the new lap record in Barcelona two weeks ago. We didn't disguise the fact that we were running low fuel but the purpose of the run was to gauge car performance in that trim. As you can imagine, we were very pleased with the result!"

"The car is a major step forward and I feel very confident that the team isn't overstating its expectations for this year when we say we can fight with the top three teams. I think Taku and I will work very well together and hopefully we can look forward to the same kind of results we achieved in Japan. I think this year will definitely bring us podium finishes and, who knows, perhaps my first win as well."

"I'm very excited about racing with B.A.R this season - said Takuma Sato - Jenson and I will be a strong partnership, the car looks very good and I think we have every reason to feel positive. This will be my second full year of racing in F1 and my first opportunity to build on the valuable lessons I learnt in 2002. In my position as B.A.R third driver last year I had a great opportunity to prepare for this season, so I feel very comfortable that I will be able to play a big part in achieving the team's ambitions."

Latest 15 stories, here...Davidson will be playing a key...First taste of the BAR 006 for...New BAR Honda 006 : A...David Richards want regular...Button not for sale warns BAR...Schumi sets track record in...Dennis vows to support...2004 San Marino GP will be...BAR launches new car on Sunday...Toyota's Barcelona test...Schumi puts new car through...Jordan sign HeidfeldBridgestone leading F1 tyre...F1 teams set for $10m...Montoya to tackle title with...

BAR Honda
Press release

VTEC16
01-02-2004, 11:38 PM
The new BAR Honda 006

he success of last year's car was the result of a dramatic improvement in engineering standards, which enabled the team to move up from eighth to fifth place in the Championship, marking them out as the season's most improved team. A significant evolution of the 005, the B.A.R Honda 006 is a further step forward in design and build quality and the product of.

Geoffrey Willis, Technical Director
« I am very confident that we have made another big step forward with the B.A.R Honda 006. It has been a big challenge, particularly with the tough new engine regulations, but has been ten months in design and represents another milestone in our long-term strategy. Our main objective in 2003 was to establish a credible engineering base, and 2004 proides us with the opportunity to use that credibility and be innovative in design. We now have the extra resource of Honda engineers recruited into the B.A.R design team, and we are beginning to see the benefits of an integrated, stable engineering base. »

« In addition, testing with Michelin has given us the confidence that we have made good progress this winter. By the time the first race comes around, we will have completed almost three times as much testing as in the same period last year, and that extra effort is already visible in our greatly improved reliability. It is always difficult to predict performance against other teams before the first race, but we are certainly looking forward to getting the B.A.R Honda 006 on track. »

Takeo Kiuchi,
Head of Worldwide Automobile Racing
and F1 Project Leader for Honda Racing & Development
« First of all I am very pleased with the new RA004E engine. We have extended our engine's life, while making it smaller and lighter with a lower center of gravity. As for power, I am confident we will exceed our Suzuka level by the time we get to Melbourne. I am also very pleased to see that our chassis engineers are really beginning to have a positive impact on the car's development and are supporting Geoff's team well. »

Latest 15 stories, here...Davidson will be playing a key...First taste of the BAR 006 for...New BAR Honda 006 : A...David Richards want regular...Button not for sale warns BAR...Schumi sets track record in...Dennis vows to support...2004 San Marino GP will be...BAR launches new car on Sunday...Toyota's Barcelona test...Schumi puts new car through...Jordan sign HeidfeldBridgestone leading F1 tyre...F1 teams set for $10m...Montoya to tackle title with...

BAR Honda
press release

VTEC16
01-02-2004, 11:39 PM
The new BAR-Honda 006

ucky Strike B.A.R Honda believes it is can provide a credible challenge to the top three teams with its all-new B.A.R Honda 006 car, launched today at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya. The new car represents another major performance step - one which Team Principal David Richards predicts will see B.A.R fighting for regular podium places in 2004.

"As we enter the third year of my tenure at B.A.R, a great deal of the groundwork is behind us and we are now in a position to provide a consistent challenge to the top three teams - Richards said.

"Our relationship with Honda has developed immeasurably, to the point where we now have a totally integrated engineering team, and the B.A.R Honda 006 is testament to the strength of our partnership. Our driver line-up of Jenson Button and Takuma Sato provides us with an exciting combination of youth, experience and ambition, which has dramatically boosted the team's motivation to succeed. The whole operation is moving forward relentlessly and as each week goes by I see our team taking another methodical step towards our long-term goal of front line competitiveness."

BAR Honda
Press release

McChook
01-02-2004, 11:59 PM
should be interesting now that Jaques has gone...

VTEC16
02-02-2004, 10:37 PM
yeh...i think he will be really upset when (or rather 'if') the team lives up to their "challenging the top 3" retoric.

Do we have a lot of BAR Honda fans here??

bizee_1
15-02-2004, 04:52 AM
*raises hand* Yep, i am a B.A.R. fan. Aswell as Raikkonen & Montoya.
Also, naturally of course, Webber too.

Honestly, as good a driver Jacques is. I think he is better off in another team.
He could have left earlier too imho.

I mean, look at Panis, he moved and is doing much better in my opinion.
Jacques went through a lot of bad luck i think.

I think BAR Honda is capable of taking at least 4th spot this season, hoping chassis setup is better.

BRING ON MARCH !!! :P

LUD02C
29-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Jaques in Jaguar with Webber would be good!
F1 needs Irvine back, he was a good driver as well said just as much shit as Juan :D

I'm not a BAR fan myself..
Honda can't put a good package to Dave Richards which is disappointing!

Usual Suspect
11-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Eddie Irvine is a champ. Always liked him.

Big fan of Button, englishman :D and Webber as well.

Dont really sport a team, but if i had to choose it would be BMW or Honda.

crx2gen
11-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Please don't compare Irvine to Montoya again...one was a character of Formula 1, the other is a petulant child whose arrogance far outweighs his performance.