PDA

View Full Version : Hid

terris08
19-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Is there any one using the BJ-Union HID Kit? Just want to hear some feedback if possible. Is it worth installing it or a BJ-Union Halogen light is good enough to do a similar job?

asiansquad
19-06-2005, 10:14 PM
i hven't seen the HID kit in action..but the halogen is good enough i reakon

civiceg9
19-06-2005, 10:25 PM
TypeG have BJUnion HID and Halogen install on his car since last year.
You can tell there is a big difference in light intensity b/w the 2,
obviously HID is alot brighter.
I guess is what your budget limits you, what you pay is what you get in the end.

spoon fit
19-06-2005, 10:27 PM
ask geoffy..i think he got BJ-Union HID Kit

civiceg9
19-06-2005, 10:30 PM
here is the gallery :p
http://users.tpg.com.au/yhlau/flash/gallery.swf

terris08
19-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Civiceg9, are you working for Option Engineering?? Can we really get 10% off? hahaha.......

ITRBoI
19-06-2005, 10:44 PM
i use HID lights but not the one ention i got GT something its freaken bright

kuso
20-06-2005, 01:47 AM
jazz lights aren't designed for hid i think...

isn't it brighter than normal... there is no covering for the ballasts whatsoever

kimo
20-06-2005, 02:41 AM
jazz lights aren't designed for hid i think...

isn't it brighter than normal... there is no covering for the ballasts whatsoever

Why you say that. My friend has a projector HID in his Jazz, and I have HID in my City the 4300K, and it's so bright, and white, that the drivers are complaining of the light :D

QuintessentiaLs
20-06-2005, 06:56 AM
I have Bjunion HID 6000k and it's nice as...

White as anything... All i need now is white fog lights to match it hehhe

kuso
20-06-2005, 08:01 AM
Why you say that. My friend has a projector HID in his Jazz, and I have HID in my City the 4300K, and it's so bright, and white, that the drivers are complaining of the light :D

Exactly...

your lights although should be bright and would give better safety by giving better visibility shouldn't impede the ability of others to drive.

Im sure everyone has driven to an oncoming BMW or accord and found that their HID lights are really blinding. Our lights have no covering what so ever so as I and a few others have thought, it may be too bright...

Other cars have covering's on top of the bulb itself... so it directs the light in a more focussed way.

I am not too sure about this as well ... since I too want HID... but not sure if its good and it may attract too much attention.

TypeG, is ur HID REALLY blinding? does it attract cops alot...

Dreams
20-06-2005, 09:11 AM
im looking for the bulb cover *if there is one.
its bright alright, but the lights scatter all over the place, especially for the VTi ver that have the inner headlamp all chrome.

kimo
20-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Exactly...

your lights although should be bright and would give better safety by giving better visibility shouldn't impede the ability of others to drive.

Im sure everyone has driven to an oncoming BMW or accord and found that their HID lights are really blinding. Our lights have no covering what so ever so as I and a few others have thought, it may be too bright...

Other cars have covering's on top of the bulb itself... so it directs the light in a more focussed way.

I am not too sure about this as well ... since I too want HID... but not sure if its good and it may attract too much attention.

TypeG, is ur HID REALLY blinding? does it attract cops alot...

My HID has covers, althought I was thinking of taking them off, to have more light, have seen done it before but for sure you will blind other unless you adjust your lights.

Karim

jamchen
20-06-2005, 10:40 AM
i've seen a japanese mod mag and there was a section talking about Jazz... i actually saw they designed a HID kit for Jazz without cover and anything :D

spoon fit
20-06-2005, 10:40 AM
cover?

TypeG
20-06-2005, 12:39 PM
our HID is fully covered so the issue is set

Jus-10
20-06-2005, 07:22 PM
our HID is fully covered so the issue is set

WTF does "the issue is set" mean??? ~~~

Saw a Jazz with xenons the other day just down the road from my place...the lights are so friggen bright it's crazy....as someone said, the light just scatters everywhere.

If you're in Sydney I would probably steer clear of it...cops will be all over you.

QuintessentiaLs
20-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Well I got Bjunion off Type G which are bright as 6000k... I've had many encounters with cops and none of them have defected me yet...

TypeG
20-06-2005, 07:59 PM
set = settle
my bad english again

civiceg9
20-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Civiceg9, are you working for Option Engineering?? Can we really get 10% off? hahaha.......

I run Option Engineering
and yes anyone from Ozhonda here can get 10% off ;)

Jezzah
20-06-2005, 10:43 PM
stick with the HID lights.. it'll save u money and have simular effects on the car.
thats what i have..
cheers

civiceg9
20-06-2005, 10:45 PM
For those who want to know about H4

the design of the BJ Union H4 have a sheilding around it so it only lights up
the top part of your Headlight/Lamp. hence it will only product a low beam.
Not many HID out on the market have the correct shielding hence it will shine everywhere and all over the place.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/oart/BJ%20UNION_files/03_pic_4.jpg
The hole circled in red will open up in high beam mode only, during low beam
mode the hole will be close hence there will be no light going down to the
bottom parts of your head lamp.

The picture below shows the integra using HID, the same system as BJUnion, where the light is only reflected on the top half of the headlight/lamp.

http://www.honda.co.jp/INTEGRA/photo_r/download/img/type-r_l23.jpg

After installing any HID is recommanded that you adjust the ligh level to be abit lower. As the standard one design for halogen is quite high. :cool:

civiceg9
20-06-2005, 10:53 PM
http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/fit/equipment/image/op_headlight.jpg ディスチャージヘッドライト(HID)<ハイ/ロービーム>

Honda Jazz HID option as on Honda website, the design is the same as a halgen but the HID bulb would have the correct shielding to focus and direct the light on to the road.

tanghy
21-06-2005, 12:50 AM
set = settle
my bad english again

your english always bad

TypeG
21-06-2005, 01:49 AM
hehehehe

QuintessentiaLs
21-06-2005, 06:58 AM

Not many HID out on the market have the correct shielding hence it will shine everywhere and all over the place.

I have High/Low beam but I honestly can't tell the difference from high and low beam... Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming there is no difference? Either that or mine ain't working or the guy didn't install it for me correctly :confused:

TypeG
21-06-2005, 11:43 AM
As I have told u, the different between hi/lo on civiceg9 's car is quite obvious. I am not sure if it is because of the design of Jazz's headlight as I havent used Hi for my car.

Dreams
21-06-2005, 01:03 PM
the BJunion HI/LO using magnetic type. hence the "cap" cover/shield ..

civiceg9
21-06-2005, 04:41 PM
I have High/Low beam but I honestly can't tell the difference from high and low beam... Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming there is no difference? Either that or mine ain't working or the guy didn't install it for me correctly :confused:

The light emiited from the HID is affect by the lens design of each car, There is a difference but if your low beam is going on to the on coming traffic, have your light level adjusted.

spoon fit
21-06-2005, 10:07 PM
http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/fit/equipment/image/op_headlight.jpg ディスチャージヘッドライト(HID)<ハイ/ロービーム>

Honda Jazz HID option as on Honda website, the design is the same as a halgen but the HID bulb would have the correct shielding to focus and direct the light on to the road.

last JDM item i want to get :D

ahcash
21-06-2005, 10:10 PM

Wonder why they dun offer this one as an option for Jazz in Australia... :thumbdwn:

spoon fit
21-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Wonder why they dun offer this one as an option for Jazz in Australia... :thumbdwn:

i think option for the new jazz

tanghy
21-06-2005, 10:17 PM

$$$$$$

ahcash
21-06-2005, 10:29 PM
i think option for the new jazz

No ar.. no option.. :thumbdwn:

ahcash
21-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Mr Tang.. yeah.. could be. I think they will probably charge like $800 :D

Gear knob price please.....

TeMp
21-06-2005, 11:09 PM

You by any chance know if there is one for the dc5r? I also have that problem with my HID on my car. They are way too high...

tanghy
21-06-2005, 11:10 PM
You by any chance know if there is one for the dc5r? I also have that problem with my HID on my car. They are way too high...

u can get the JDM OEM DC5R headlights with built in HID
EMAIL me

kimo
22-06-2005, 01:25 AM

The picture below shows the integra using HID, the same system as BJUnion, where the light is only reflected on the top half of the headlight/lamp.

http://www.honda.co.jp/INTEGRA/photo_r/download/img/type-r_l23.jpg

After installing any HID is recommanded that you adjust the ligh level to be abit lower. As the standard one design for halogen is quite high. :cool:

That's true I find only top of the laamp lights. I have the low/high xenon, and found out it's very bright on the low beam, but when I hit the high beam, find out only far is lighted. I think I will take the cover off and adjust the lights.

spoon fit
22-06-2005, 07:12 AM
u can get the JDM OEM DC5R headlights with built in HID
EMAIL me

how abt the jazz one, i want used

Dreams
22-06-2005, 01:01 PM
That's true I find only top of the laamp lights. I have the low/high xenon, and found out it's very bright on the low beam, but when I hit the high beam, find out only far is lighted. I think I will take the cover off and adjust the lights.

:confused: :confused: