PDA

View Full Version : [EURO] K&N SRI

jl88rl
20-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Hey guys, it took ages for me to sell my K&N cai so i eventually put it in yesterday :D

i didnt put the whole set up, only in SRI mode.

OMG, its loud! .. getting gradual acceleration does hear not anything loud, but after around 3k and u kcik it a bit u hear it roar!

any of u guys reckon it sounds like v8 kinda style? (maybe im too wrapped :p )

EuroAccord13
20-06-2005, 12:46 AM
Nope.. it doesn't sound like a V8 at all, I've done my Typhoon intake in both CAI and SRI mode... SRI only gives you a louder induction noise that's all and it's still taking in the hot air in the engine :)

For my case, my induction noise wasn't all that loud even with the SRI...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13816

stephen8512
20-06-2005, 01:28 AM
nice stuff! :thumbsup:

h22a accord
20-06-2005, 09:33 AM
anyone see and hear the bright orange JDM integra with h22a on the dyno at SAS final battle last year? Thats exactly what my induction noise sounds like.......i love slowing down to 50kph in 2nd gear in the M5/ED tunnels and opening it up.....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr hehehe. OMG so loud...i have a K&N CAI

jl88rl
20-06-2005, 05:47 PM
I wanna record the sound cos all my frends agree that this isnt a normal sounding SRI. Its so much deeper and meaner.

How do i post it up here so u guys can tell me if the sound is normal?

learner
20-06-2005, 06:19 PM
I wanna record the sound cos all my frends agree that this isnt a normal sounding SRI. Its so much deeper and meaner.

How do i post it up here so u guys can tell me if the sound is normal?

hey...jeremy if u think the sound isnt normal...
u can give me a call to compare with mine

aaronng
20-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Normal or not, I would still want to hear your SRI sound. Please post up a high quality (192kbps) mp3!

EuroAccord13
20-06-2005, 07:57 PM
MP3 do no justice when you really want to listen to the induction sound, go get someone in Sydney to listen to it and get his opinion :D

aaronng
20-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Then how will I read his brain to hear the sound as well? Hmm he might go "Dude, it was awesome! It sounded like this" *curls his lips* "ggggrrrrruuuuuuullllllaaaaaaaaaaa" :D

Hmmm.... I think I might settle for the mp3.. as long as it is recorded by a video camera, not a camera phone.

jl88rl
20-06-2005, 10:08 PM
lol.. ill get tom (learner) to compare it to his injen CAI to my kn SRI atm.

We got exams now so gotta meet up in between. Let u guys know soon. Hopefully post up some small mpg. files

learner
21-06-2005, 02:56 AM
i have the K&N.. not injen....
b4 i run it as SRI as well.but i have put the extra bit last month.
before : http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17074
after : http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19612
:D

lol.. ill get tom (learner) to compare it to his injen CAI to my kn SRI atm.

We got exams now so gotta meet up in between. Let u guys know soon. Hopefully post up some small mpg. files