PDA

View Full Version : what engine??

quangsta
22-06-2005, 12:03 AM
hey guyz

im after an engine that has good torque....revs relatively high and has a good 'AUTOMATIC' gearbox....yes i want automatic...was just wondering what you guyz would suggest???....i was thinking H22a, or a b18c but i dont think they come in auto nor does the b16a(or whater the vtir one is) i dont want to spend too much and go for a type r, pretty much just want a vtir with auto if possible...

any other suggestions??

tRipitaka
22-06-2005, 12:04 AM
b16a's come in auto..
JDM b16a though..
i think i've seen an auto b18c too..
but that was a once off..

zco
22-06-2005, 12:08 AM
vtir = manual and so is typeR

but when you want an engine itself.. you can just do auto conversion.

quangsta
22-06-2005, 12:12 AM
but are the honda auto gearbox's strong enough to be like revved hard constantly or it wouldnt make a different what auto box u had???

EEE_GEE_BEE_EIGHTEEN
22-06-2005, 05:49 PM
good choice with the auto mate, it is common knowledge that when given a shift kit a auto would be alot quicker than a manual, unless driven by someone that can shift gears in the most minute time period.

there is always ways of strengthening a gear box, but i would explore your options as to what other gear boxes fit in the car. and engine.
put a stage 2 shift kit in and it should have fairly firm changes and drive very nice.

a good example is the trusty old v6 commodore even in stock form the auto is fairly good on shifts, but add a shift kit or something they are a nice drive. i love autos and i think all the craz about manual being the quickest is bullshit.

*edited out racial slur*

FR33K
22-06-2005, 06:42 PM
good choice with the auto mate, it is common knowledge that when given a shift kit a auto would be alot quicker than a manual, unless driven by someone that can shift gears in the most minute time period.

there is always ways of strengthening a gear box, but i would explore your options as to what other gear boxes fit in the car. and engine.
put a stage 2 shift kit in and it should have fairly firm changes and drive very nice.

a good example is the trusty old v6 commodore even in stock form the auto is fairly good on shifts, but add a shift kit or something they are a nice drive. i love autos and i think all the craz about manual being the quickest is bullshit.

most strip cars are autos unless they are a street driven car by a wog.

do u have a problem with wogs ?

Mz Integrra
22-06-2005, 07:00 PM
WTF is it with the last bit of ur comment???
Being a n00bie, I suggest you read the T & C's of this forum .... rethink what you wrote and apologise to everyone that you have insulted.

rev-tech
22-06-2005, 07:24 PM
most strip cars are autos unless they are a street driven car by a wog.

hmmmm.....with 4posts under your name.....WOW you've got off to a great start on here!
i'm curious where about's in the first post where he asked the Q did he mention that the car was going to be for drag's? have you ever been to a street meet? i'd say 3/4 of the cars that go there are driven on the street, why would you say a stupid comment like that?
yes autos are good for drags (straight lines under WOT) and for driving in traffic, but there's no way in hell i'd wanna take one though twisties!

Anyway, back to the original Q, you could buy a bear engine and an auto separately.....prob need an adapter plate to go with it, an auto pedal box and the ECU to suit (auto ECU's have shift points programmed into them)

just wondering though, don't the accords come out with a 2.2L auto?

Shane

aStRooo
23-06-2005, 02:28 AM
yes, h22a comes with the auto/tiptronic

NTR16N
23-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Get the H22A.. worthy auto for daily driving and tip for more adventurous journeys... 2 more quick questions though... what car would you be lookin to drop it into and price range your willing to pay??

and yeah... i suppose engine and gearbox could be sourced seperately and adapted... but correct me if im wrong anyone...

ekslut
23-06-2005, 05:00 PM
i love autos and i think all the craz about manual being the quickest is bullshit.

If your driving in a straight line then I agree auto is quicker, but not if your going around corners. I think manual is more fun to drive too. Gives you something more to do than turn a steering wheel.

Anyways, A B16A will still allow you to rev fairly high. I used a auto B16A engine in my car (But chucked on a maunual gearbox). Only difference is that the cams are not as wild (But actually are apparently the best for boost) and the rev limit is slightly lower somewhere around 7400 (Can't remember exactly).

H22A is a good choise too. It will give you more torque and power than the B16A. But depending on what car its going into it might be more difficult to install

D16Y
23-06-2005, 05:06 PM
i say h22a

sivic
23-06-2005, 08:44 PM
when you talking hondas manuals are quicker unless you cant shift to save your life. autos have a lower redline, and lose a lot more power through the drivetrain resulting in less power at the wheels.
but if you need to go auto a H22A is the go. plenty of torque - something you need if you want an auto

destrukshn
24-06-2005, 10:01 AM
H22A in my opinion too.

civtir
24-06-2005, 11:03 AM
What car is the engine going into? Or that isn't a factor in a decision?