22-06-2005, 01:56 AM
wish i could go :o

BAR Honda joins 'Double 40' Celebration
At 2005 Goodwood Festival of Speed
http://f1.racing-live.com/img/l3.gif
http://f1.racing-live.com/img/vide.gif

http://f1.racing-live.com/photos/imgactu/05/button-test_020605_220x163.jpg
The BAR Honda 007 is going to Goodwood

The B·A·R Honda Formula One team will once again be participating in the prestigious Goodwood Festival of Speed this year where Honda will be celebrating a 'double 40' milestone. In 1965 Honda celebrated its first Formula One win and it was also the year that the official British import subsidiary, Honda (UK), was created.

In its eighth consecutive year of participation at Goodwood, Honda will field its biggest ever entry of five Formula One cars, including this year's B·A·R Honda 007 driven by race drivers Jenson Button and Takuma Sato, plus nine Grand Prix racing motorcycles. There will also be a host of other Honda racing heroes - past, present and future - to put the vehicles through their paces on the famous uphill run in front of Goodwood House, the residence of the Earl of March.

The 2005 event also marks the return to Goodwood of Honda's historic Grand Prix cars. On display this year will be vehicles from the 1960s through to the 1980s, including the NSX GT racecar from the 2004 24- hour Nürburgring race, which will be driven by B·A·R Honda Sporting Director Gil de Ferran and third driver Anthony Davidson.

As this year's feature marque and one of the main sponsors of the event, Honda has created the spectacular central display. Positioned on the lawn in front of Goodwood House, this will be used to display the largest and finest collection of Honda racing cars and bikes yet seen outside of Japan.

The display of victorious machinery arrives in the UK directly from the Honda Collection Hall in Japan. Designed to be a living history, the Collection Hall is a state-of-the-art three-storey museum situated in Motegi and dedicated to the company's rich history of innovation, racing passion and engineering excellence.

Jenson Button on the Goodwood Festival Of Speed
"I'll be driving this year's race car, my B·A·R Honda 007, at Goodwood which should be fun. We don't usually go at top speed up the hill but we play a little bit doing donuts and burnouts for the fans.

"Goodwood is a great event for the fans as they can get really close to the cars when we're doing our runs and can walk around the paddock and see the team working from just a few feet away. It's amazing and a very special experience for them.

"Honda are helping to run the show this year as one of the main sponsors so I'm expecting the weekend to be better than ever! I'm really looking forward to seeing all the different Honda racing cars from the last forty years.

"So many different types of motorsport are represented at Goodwood, from our era of F1 drivers through to great figures from the past like Stirling Moss and other formulae from bikes to dragsters. It's nice to see all the history involved in motorsport. It's a very relaxed weekend for both the fans and also the drivers, and a great place to be if the weather is good."

Takuma Sato on the Goodwood Festival Of Speed
"This year will be my fourth time at the Goodwood Festival of Speed and I have always really enjoyed the weekend. I will be driving the B·A·R Honda 007 on Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it.

"The atmosphere at Goodwood is fantastic and it's an experience that you really can't get anywhere else - all the cars, drivers and fans in the same area. The fans can get so close and touch the cars, which is unusual and exciting for them. It's different for us to drive on the incredibly narrow track and quite a challenge to be going up the hill at speed.

Honda is title sponsor of the event, so it will be an extra special weekend for the team with a big Honda presence at Goodwood."

http://f1.racing-live.com/photos/imgactu/05/davidson-europe_270505_150x220.jpg
Anthony Davidson

Anthony Davidson - Third Driver
"I'm really looking forward to Goodwood; it's a great event that seems to get bigger every year. It's good for the true fans to get close to the drivers and the cars. I always enjoyed going as a child and now it is great to be part of the action. This year I'll be there on the Sunday and will be driving one of the legendary Honda NSX's from the Nürburgring 24hrs race. It's great to see that Honda is so supportive of the Festival and hopefully everyone will enjoy the show."

Gil de Ferran - Sporting Director
"I am delighted to be visiting Goodwood for the second time. Ever since the event started I was very keen on attending but unfortunately it always seemed that I was racing. Last year was the first opportunity I had to visit and I had the most wonderful time. I not only had the opportunity to drive one of my childhood heroes' cars, but I also had a great time throughout the event with the all the fans, cars and fellow drivers. For all of these reasons I can't wait to get there again and join in the celebrations with our Honda friends."

Press release
BAR Honda