PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Temperature Sensor And Calibrate Outside Temp

REV888
15-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Hey Guy's its been a while :wave:

Just wanted to know where the Sensor on the Euro is for it reading for the Temperture as it seems to be so acurate some days and others totaly off track.

Cheers

REV888

VirIIx
15-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Would it be in the middle of the dash up the front near the windscreen?

I know i read the manual :b but eh can't remember these finer details

Because i know when i drive out of the shade sometimes at least partially, and the sun beams onto it the AC kicks on higher :)

any other suggestions/corrections?

EuroAccord13
15-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Which sensor are you talking about? the Interior one (For Climate Control) or the Exterior one (Near the front grille)..?

Pum[Z]
16-06-2005, 01:01 AM
Yeap which temperature sensor u talking about..

The outside temperature sensor is near the grill just outside of the radiator...

jl88rl
16-06-2005, 01:44 AM
Theres a inside temp sensor on front dash, but whats that little knob in the middle under the windscreen?

VirIIx
16-06-2005, 07:22 AM
either way, i think we've answered the question :)

Outside Temp: Near Grille
Inside Temp for Climate Control: Front Middle Dash

Pup
16-06-2005, 10:20 AM
that nobbly thing on the bash near the window I believe is a screw hole cover.

The internal temp sensor is on the drivers side.
on your left near your knee there is a slotted vent the temp sensor is in there.

h22a accord
16-06-2005, 11:23 AM
the one on top of dash is a sunlight sensor, the one near ur knee is the in car temp sensor and the one in the grille is outside temp sensor all used by the climate control system.

its basically the same set up as whats in the JDM prelude front cut i have.

yfin
19-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Hey Guy's its been a while :wave:

Just wanted to know where the Sensor on the Euro is for it reading for the Temperture as it seems to be so acurate some days and others totaly off track.

Cheers

REV888

Hey Rev - you can adjust the temperature reading from the dash - can't remember exactly how but it is in your manual.

REV888
20-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Hey Rev - you can adjust the temperature reading from the dash - can't remember exactly how but it is in your manual.

Thanks yfin.

Will have a look at the manual.

Cheers

REV888

blueeuro
22-06-2005, 01:12 PM
EuroAccord13 Edit....
MERGING this Thread.

Guys,

My outside temp has always been 1-2 degrees higher than it really is. I found out on Acurazine that they could re-calibrate their outside temp, so I thought I'd give it a go. It appears to work for us.

All you do is;

1 Turn on Ignition.
2 Hold down "trip meter reset button" for 10 seconds
3 Display will cycle through calibrate options in this order 0,1,2,3,-3,-2,-1 (degrees)
4 Release "trip meter reset button" when the value you wish to adjust by is displayed.

Don't know if this is in the manual or if it has been posted before, I did do a search. Thought you might be interested.

I selected -2 and it's looking more accurate now.

Paul

MiSloVic
22-06-2005, 02:57 PM
when the car is stationary, the outside temperature should read slightly higher, right? heat from the radiator gets radiated to the temp sensor, which is just abt 1" away. when the car is moving the temperature should read just fine.