PDA

View Full Version : B16a/2 feels slow

s2k
02-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Hi i have a Crx gen 3 whch comes with the standard B16a/2 engine,
it feels real slow compared to my mates car who has a Civic Vtir coupe 2000.
does anybody know, why that is, mine has 150K and my friens has only 40K on the odo.
could it be that my engine is getting tired ?
or is there a paricular part that i need to change due to wear and tear that is cause the car to lose power.
the car doesnt real as responsive.
does anybody know which car is lighter?

tanghy
03-02-2004, 12:37 AM
get some extractors.. you'll see the diff right away

2ds
03-02-2004, 12:38 AM
the civic is lighter.

get the car serviced (engine oil and filter change, check air filter, etc)
an oil change can do wonders for the car

after you have done that reset the ecu by removing the negative terminal from thebattery for about 5 minutes. while the ECU will change over time to the new values this will have a more immediate effect.

If it still feels sluggish you might want to take it to a mechanic because even though you car is older and heavier it sholdn't feel that much different.

-2ds

s2k
03-02-2004, 08:55 AM
thanks tanghy
i have a set of RSR extractors hat i havent yet had a chance put on yet, also a Kakimoto exhaust piping with an apexi exhaust.
and a ARC air intake pipe and about to get down the repica mugen cold air intake box.
the car has a genie exhaust system on it already.

thaks Ad2 , ill try that and see if it works and whether my car will go faster

BLKCRX
03-02-2004, 09:26 AM
resetting your ecu is well a stupid Idea !
Eveyone resets there ecu's and then goes drive ultra hard on it.. !
kinda stupid don't you think the ecu typical run's lean when you reset it and the long term fuel trim / short term trim add's fuel according to your o2 sensor narrow band readings...
not only will you be running slightly wrong levels 99% of people reset there ecus and then drive hard crazy on it ! diaster waiting to happen !!
The ECU adjusts the fuel settings depended on altitude, fuel type, humidity intake temp and many other factors, 99% of the time its another problem which is causing the car to feel sluggish ! especially with a Honda ECU !
If you reset your ecu drive easy for at least a few days !

Regards James

2ds
03-02-2004, 03:21 PM
would you consider doing it if you had just pulled out an airfilter full of gunk james ? how fast does it adapt ?

-2ds

LatinoHatchCrap
03-02-2004, 10:44 PM
you have a nice list of mods there s2k! I would look further and run pressure tests on the engine; I would also change the plugs and do a service using fully synthethic oil. For an engine with that milage cam belt should have been changed and crank, cam and oil pump seals should have done at about 100Ks; also make sure your timing is set correctly if you or anyone has been playing with it

May I ask where you got your copy mugen airbox? thanks

s2k
04-02-2004, 01:15 AM
thanks james for the info, ill give it a service and see how it goes.

im getting the car booked in for the cam belt to be changed next week, ill get them to have a look at the engine.

what should i do if it sill fells sluggish james?
could it be that the radiator is a single core and not a twin core?

VTEChnique
04-02-2004, 10:39 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

VTEChnique
04-02-2004, 10:41 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: