PDA

View Full Version : Where to put car jack 'lever'???

Vic
22-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Hey guys,
Lifted the boot floor the other day and notice that my jack lever...
or whatever you call the thing u wind the jack up with. anyways, its
is loose. The jack in still just behind the bumper and fixed to something so thats ok but don’t know where to put the lever....????

Help... rattling was annoying me so its now inside the car until I can figure out where it goes!

cheers,

r`Geno
22-06-2005, 02:05 PM
You can turn the lever by hand, which in turn expands the jack so that it won't move around - that'll stop it rattling.

Vic
22-06-2005, 02:21 PM
r`Geno, sorry dude. i meant the lever thing thats about 40 cm long.
u know the thing that turns the jack itself.
dont know where that goes!

EuroAccord13
22-06-2005, 02:53 PM
I think it goes to the Black Rubber bag that holds all your other car tools...

Vic
22-06-2005, 02:57 PM
ohhhh ok.... now, just got to find that Black bag!
cant remember seein one. i'm guessing that it would be somewhere in the boot right?
will have a look tonight.
thanks dude

ACE888
22-06-2005, 05:48 PM
r`Geno, sorry dude. i meant the lever thing thats about 40 cm long.
u know the thing that turns the jack itself.
dont know where that goes!

just put this lever on the side of the drivers seat in case you need to use it when being car jacked OR if you want to road rage other Toyota Camry drivers hehehe

ahcash
22-06-2005, 08:07 PM
just put this lever on the side of the drivers seat in case you need to use it when being car jacked OR if you want to road rage other Toyota Camry drivers hehehe

HAHHAHA!!! ACE888.. you are so violent..
As a matter of fact... I rather get a baseball bat.. :thumbsup:

Speaking of the jack and the level.. Hmmm.. honestly, I haven't open up my boot to have a look what's there.. might do it this weekend.. just in case I need to use it.

ACE888
22-06-2005, 11:01 PM
HAHHAHA!!! ACE888.. you are so violent..
As a matter of fact... I rather get a baseball bat.. :thumbsup:

hehe not violent ahcash.... just thinking ahead for bad situations, and even if police did a random inspection of your car and saw wheel bolt tool, just that is needed for the car wheel... but seeing baseball bat? might get into trouble there

Vic
23-06-2005, 09:46 AM
ACE888... ummmm, will try to find the black bag first.
if i dont then i might leave it under the passenger seat as you have suggested... hahahaha

Vic
10-07-2005, 02:55 PM
ok guys, this might sound stupid but i have just realised i have no black bag of tools in my boot. Gf tells me that it was there at some stage but is not now!
no idea wtf happened to it but need one in case i get a flat.
Might try to call honda parts tom, but i get a feeling that its going to cost an arm and a leg.
any idea where i can get a cheap one of these... or a used one from a 2nd hand honda parts place in syd?

MRFIT
10-07-2005, 11:05 PM
just get a non-factory jack...... less than 50 bucks..... :)

MRFIT
10-07-2005, 11:05 PM
hehe not violent ahcash.... just thinking ahead for bad situations, and even if police did a random inspection of your car and saw wheel bolt tool, just that is needed for the car wheel... but seeing baseball bat? might get into trouble there

i have a MagLite..... :D

a huge one under my seat..... so....... piss off Camry drivers..... or taxi... :D

Vic
11-07-2005, 03:32 PM
just got of the phone with syd honda dealer... bag of goodies is going to set me back $104!!!

dont really wanna spend that much on a car jack so might try to get one 2nd hand from Honda wreckers... any suggestions of places in syd.

if no luck there, might have to go to auto parts place and buy one there as MRFIt has suggested

Vic
11-07-2005, 03:33 PM
i have a MagLite..... :D

a huge one under my seat..... so....... piss off Camry drivers..... or taxi... :D

is that a mag light under your seat or are you just happy to see another jazz driver....hmmmm :D

asiansquad
11-07-2005, 06:27 PM
shoulda just buy one of those hydrolic jacks and leave in ur car :D