PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Worth modding a auto?

Sulley
22-06-2005, 08:34 PM
before i install all my planned mods..
i'm seriously contemplating swapping my euro for a manual..
modding an auto just doesnt right..
and since i'm planning to track the car..i'm contemplating swapping for a manual or sell off the auto and get a manual..
what do u guys reckon?
anybody interested in swapping for a auto?
milage <10000k
looking for white or black!

nEUROtic
22-06-2005, 08:40 PM
HAhhahahah good luck man

DaPlaya
22-06-2005, 09:16 PM
lol thats kinda hope shattering neurotic...

aaronng
22-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Actually, there is more demand for auto than manual in Australia. So you might be able to sell it off privately, and then buy a 2nd hand manual.

nEUROtic
22-06-2005, 09:31 PM
haha, yeah i reckon the reason for that is its so hubby can get a nice car, but has to be manual so wifey can drive it.

Either my wife is gonna learn to drive manual, or I'm getting a new wife.

Sulley
22-06-2005, 09:35 PM
haha i'm 21..no wife..
auto was for my sis, so we could switch cars..
but i just don't feel right bout the idea of modding a auto..just doesnt seem worth it..and when i sell it..erm..
who buys a auto with mods?!?!?! :confused:

haha, yeah i reckon the reason for that is its so hubby can get a nice car, but has to be manual so wifey can drive it.

Either my wife is gonna learn to drive manual, or I'm getting a new wife.

as001
22-06-2005, 09:53 PM
Your gonna lose loads of cash if you sell your euro now just to get a manual Ive gotta manual 05 euro silver what colour is your euro?

Chris_F
22-06-2005, 10:00 PM
i dont know about going for the manual euro ay. To be honest, mine shits me a bit.

At frist the clutch was making strange clicking noises, then i started to feel a grind when depressing the clutch. I've since had the master cylinder replaced and its gone but the clutch feels worn to the shit now (have to get it looked at AGAIN).

What i'd do... sell the euro luxury then buy a standard with the 6mt but put aside money for the new clutch. Unless you want the leather and sunroof etc. but its a 40kg weight penalty if your really serious:p.

6mt > AT all day long for perfomance just makesure you don't get a lemon!

Sulley
22-06-2005, 11:30 PM
i'm looking for maybe a 1 to 1 exchange for a manual euro lux with the same mileage..
i like my leather seats , sunroof etc..
but i did contemplate getting a standard manual and get bucket seats etc with the money..but i like my creature comforts..haha
mine's in black..
i'm looking for white or black lux manual.....
i just can't jutify modding a auto...and i know i want a manual..
i don't wanna mod it up and regret spending the money..

stephen8512
22-06-2005, 11:53 PM
hmm sulley if u dont mind me askin
why did u buy an 05 auto in the first place then?
not tryin to sound smart or watever but yeah...just a bit curious?

D16Y
22-06-2005, 11:56 PM
haha i'm 21..no wife..
auto was for my sis, so we could switch cars..
but i just don't feel right bout the idea of modding a auto..just doesnt seem worth it..and when i sell it..erm..
who buys a auto with mods?!?!?! :confused:

D16Y
22-06-2005, 11:57 PM
hmm sulley if u dont mind me askin
why did u buy an 05 auto in the first place then?
not tryin to sound smart or watever but yeah...just a bit curious?

as above stephen :)

SP-00-ON
23-06-2005, 12:31 AM
wats the point of buyin at auto for..
dont worry i did the same.. for a civic

Pum[Z]
23-06-2005, 12:50 AM
Well if u know somebody that works in a Honda dealer then maybe they can help u out... If not good luck finding and swapping with somebody...

stephen8512
23-06-2005, 12:54 AM
oh woops
sorry that slipped past me :D

jl88rl
23-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Ive been driving manuals for the past 3 years of my life. Now im 20 and always on Parra rd to city and back. Im LOVING auto. Really happy i spent that extra $gs to get it.

Power is great as a MT, just switch to tiptronic dude, overdrive turns off.

Nickt
23-06-2005, 01:00 PM
I agree with jl88rl...I've had manual cars since I was 18...now 25 and after three years driving an S15 200SX 6sp Man, the auto Euro was a good change...I love just cruising, and no amount of mods is going to give it the performance the 200sx had...

If you want to track it, you gotta go all out on the Euro in terms of mods, and get a Standard. If you want the Lux dont bother trackin it, just buy yourself a Datsun 1600 and race that! Awesome track car.

Slugoid
23-06-2005, 01:21 PM
I've modded my Euro, and it's auto, but my mods are actually useful ;)

Selling the Euro, you'll be losing a bit of money for sure. Why not buy something really fun and impractial for pure track use and leave the Euro for everyday commuting?? No offence, but the Euro is still a family car in the end. I rather go on track with a fully stripped out FC RX7 that cost around $15K fully modded.

Sulley
23-06-2005, 07:32 PM
a 2nd car is not a feasible option at the moment..
i've driven autos only so far.. and a manual car just seems to have that extra fun factor..
i'm not planning a all out track car..but something that goes alright on the track and i can use as my daily driver as well..
i contemplated getting a S15..they look sweet....but i ended up getting a Euro..

i'm seriously thinking of selling the auto and getting a manual of around the same mileage..and looking at prices, i can prob get back about 1k..
worth it??

V205
23-06-2005, 07:44 PM
I thought your sister couldn't drive manual? I remember you saying that it was a requirement. What's changed?

a 2nd car is not a feasible option at the moment..
i've driven autos only so far.. and a manual car just seems to have that extra fun factor..
i'm not planning a all out track car..but something that goes alright on the track and i can use as my daily driver as well..
i contemplated getting a S15..they look sweet....but i ended up getting a Euro..

i'm seriously thinking of selling the auto and getting a manual of around the same mileage..and looking at prices, i can prob get back about 1k..
worth it??

Sulley
23-06-2005, 08:15 PM
erm..she's not gonna get to drive it! either that or she has to learn how to drive one..
since i got the car, outta 4000km, she's probably driven 50...

V205
23-06-2005, 09:23 PM
I see. So if you don't wanna get a track car. Just sell it and buy a manual. You got deep enough pockets to pay the difference for a new manual?

Oh.. is your auto std or lux?

erm..she's not gonna get to drive it! either that or she has to learn how to drive one..
since i got the car, outta 4000km, she's probably driven 50...

Sulley
23-06-2005, 09:51 PM
i'm not planning to get a brand new manual actually
i'm looking ard for a 2nd hand one with bout the same kms..
its a auto lux...

LOC888
23-06-2005, 11:19 PM
Just get a manual, autos good but it will never stack up againsta manual especially if u plan on doing mods, will never get performance value for your money imo.

adammet04
23-06-2005, 11:54 PM
Hey,

IMHO expensive mistake to make even if your sis couldnt drive stick!

I have an auto and i will be modding it..ok so it wont be as fast as other euro's..im cool with that..wont make make it any less fun for me to drive..

I think choice of car plus what you decide/want to do to it is your own choice.

You say you want to track it...well id probobly have to agree that a manual will go further in that dept...

Just for the record i think it is worth modding an auto euro.i also think its worth modding a manual euro too :)

Sulley
24-06-2005, 12:29 AM
Yeah Loc888, i figured it wouldnt be worth the money, if i mod it up and at the end of the day its still an auto...
well i'm on the look out for a black manual with low kms...and i'll be putting my car up for sale soon i guess, unless someone wants to swap..

forget it..i'm getting my euro turboed..Auto turbo! :thumbsup:
here goes
Garrett T25 turbo
Intercooler+pipe sets
Manıfold ex.outlet
Ex front pipe
Air intake tube
Map-5p
IF201 ınjection interface(200cc injektor x 2)
BP9901 blow off valve, accessories hose, clamp

http://www.goofymotorsport.com/galeri/albums/userpics/10001/normal_DSCI0022a.jpg
http://www.goofymotorsport.com/galeri/albums/userpics/10001/normal_DSCI0006a.jpg
http://www.goofymotorsport.com/galeri/albums/userpics/10001/normal_DSCI0020a.jpg
http://www.goofymotorsport.com/galeri/albums/userpics/10001/normal_DSCI0011%7E1.JPG

haha i wish that was mine..
anyway the car's in turkey..
he'll be running on low boost?(high compression and auto tranny..)

hnm738
24-06-2005, 02:08 AM
a set up like that would cost him $8000 +

i also think its worth it to mod an auto...for people who likes auto tiptronic,, it would still make the car faster etc
for example if you have intake and exhaust the breathe and extracts air better hence = more power
and the person who owns an auto would be satisfied.....

jl88rl
25-06-2005, 01:15 AM
Seeing that turbo euro man... dammmmmmm

... I wanted to see the fat intercooler sticking out tho; but thats still a hot sleeper :D

V205
25-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Sulley,

Why not just check with a few dealers? I'm sure some of them will be able to do something worthwhile for you (assuming your car is accident free which they'll know after inspection.) like a 4000-5000km demo or their executives cars.