PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] DC and CAI Installed + VAFC2 ... Dyno time ...

genk-jomblo
23-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Guys, New here ... I just installed my DC header and injen Cai (vafc2 installed before header and cai not long time ago)... performance is pretty good after done the header and cai ... but i think 'hizzing' sound is a bit to loud.

what you reckon ? (for those already install your CAI and header) ??

I was thinking to get Dyno test tomorrow ... but the problem is I dont really know:
1. Where is good place in NSW (around Macquarie) ? (company name and owner name), a complete address would be fantastic.
2. how much would it be ?
3. what is the average dyno result 'before' (original parts).
4. what is the average dyno result 'after' (installed CAI + header).

Thanks and your advise is greatly appriciated.

cheers
Jomblo

hnm738
23-06-2005, 05:12 PM
am wandering if you could post your vafc2 settings? i know every car is different but its good to see what sort of settings you have for your car....

what sort of hissing sound is it...is it comming for your extractor or cai?

if extrator you can buy heat wrap to wrap around your pipes and should get rid of the hissing noise usually happens in the mid range and when you let go of your pedal....

genk-jomblo
23-06-2005, 05:30 PM
am wandering if you could post your vafc2 settings? i know every car is different but its good to see what sort of settings you have for your car....

what sort of hissing sound is it...is it comming for your extractor or cai?

if extrator you can buy heat wrap to wrap around your pipes and should get rid of the hissing noise usually happens in the mid range and when you let go of your pedal....

actually my friend set it to RPM 4000, I hvae no idea about the installation ... He told me if I shuold tuned and get a dyno test soon to get maximum performance.

I think the hizzing sound come from CAI .. not sure .. :(
its cool ..

EuroAccord13
23-06-2005, 05:37 PM
actually my friend set it to RPM 4000, I hvae no idea about the installation ... He told me if I shuold tuned and get a dyno test soon to get maximum performance.

I think the hizzing sound come from CAI .. not sure .. :(
its cool ..

4000RPM??
I think that is abit too low for the Euro.....

genk-jomblo
23-06-2005, 06:07 PM
4000RPM??

thats why I was thinking to get dyno test ... anyway what effect if I put the RPM too low ? will that gonna 'kill' my engine ?

hnm738
23-06-2005, 06:46 PM
wont kill your engine but you will probably lose some power....

u need to dyno tune probably cost around $200 - $300

genk-jomblo
24-06-2005, 06:30 AM
wont kill your engine but you will probably lose some power....

u need to dyno tune probably cost around $200 - $300

wow .. pretty expensive ... :o
hopefully I can get cheaper one ... hikz :(

**Ghost**
24-06-2005, 09:03 AM
genk can i just recommend that u get ur catback and hiflow cat as well (pretty much mandatory bolt on mods) before u get dyno tuning? its a wasteof money to do it twice dude...

BLKCRX
24-06-2005, 02:37 PM
4000RPM??

Yep way to low !!

AS for Tuning a stock car ;) there's PLENTY of power to be gained from tuning a fully stock Euro !! just not with a VAFC !!!

hmmmmm did someone say 20%+ more power ;-)

Matell
24-06-2005, 05:41 PM
4000RPM??

Yep way to low !!

AS for Tuning a stock car ;) there's PLENTY of power to be gained from tuning a fully stock Euro !! just not with a VAFC !!!

Holy schamola!!!!!! Using quoted values that's going from 140kW at the fly to 168kW (225hp)!!!! So in the end looking at putting down to the road the original flywheel value!. Seems ECU tuning is the big diff between the K24A2's and A3's
OMG I need a towel....:o ....too late....:( :rofl:

hondata gives 20%+ more power throughout? :D
or just at one point through out the curve? :(

Yeah you're probably right....lol.....just made a mess over nothing! hahaha
j/k to everything.

You're an evil man James :cool:

EuroAccord13
24-06-2005, 06:09 PM
You'll be looking on average 200-250 to dyno tune properly and I think it's worth it..

genk-jomblo
24-06-2005, 07:06 PM
You'll be looking on average 200-250 to dyno tune properly and I think it's worth it..

went to advan today (morning) and they were very busy (I haven't book yet coz my friend just told me yesterday night), so they can't tune it ... :D

I will be going overseas on monday so I might get tuned after back from holiday.

peace

yfin
24-06-2005, 11:47 PM

Woo hoo! Sounds like James is seeing some good results in testing - please keep up posted with updates. :D

albii
25-06-2005, 10:02 AM
20% hhmmmm hondata hey...sounds good but does the 20% extra power mean a quicker car...big dyno numbers dont necessarily mean much quicker quarter mile times. sometimes it can go the other way ..