PDA

View Full Version : damaged civic!

kiss
23-06-2005, 08:05 PM
hey guys i just had an accident earlier today, smashed the front end of my car into my mates corona =/

he was changing lanes n switched back too quick n i followed (dont know the area so had to follow) n unfortunately i tried breaking but ran straight into him .. stupid wet roads

anyway, wats cheaper to do
panel beat the bonnet, both guards + radiator support is hectic bent.. so have to smash it out or something

OR

just buy new or aftermarket parts n respray em matching red
plus radiator support still fked.

AHH stressed .. peeps are gonna destroy me

wats the cheapest in syd? est price please

jimmeh
23-06-2005, 08:46 PM
go to N.G jap importers in chipping norton and get you panel from him

kiss
23-06-2005, 08:55 PM
yeah i heard that place was cheap, i dont know exactly where it is

how much u reckon though? i need cash, selling my rims to fix my car now =/

michael_antoi
23-06-2005, 10:42 PM
guard are around 150 and bonnet cost me 150 also

i had similar damage to you actually

[T][L]
23-06-2005, 10:53 PM
hey kiss..
try honbits at simthfield

heist
23-06-2005, 11:01 PM
i bought my civic damaged. same as what u describe. i just went to honbits and got the guards, bonnet, lights rad supprt and rads from there. all up cost me bit under a grand. i did a bodge home spray job and it looks ok....just saving up to get proper respray.....

michael_antoi
23-06-2005, 11:02 PM
how much were the guards?

r`Geno
23-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Heist: And I can vouch for that, it looks good too :thumbsup:

heist
23-06-2005, 11:18 PM
thanks r' geno ;)

at honbits drivers side is like 100 and passenger side is like 80...

i think ist cos most crashes are on the drivers side?

civiceg9
23-06-2005, 11:25 PM
the radiator support is expensive to replace, if u can repair it then repair it.
bonnet and guards just get 2nd hand or aftermarket.

heist
23-06-2005, 11:29 PM
the radiator support is expensive to replace, if u can repair it then repair it.
bonnet and guards just get 2nd hand or aftermarket.

its not expensive, cost me 80 bucks for the support, welded it myself.....perfect mate!

mugeneration
23-06-2005, 11:50 PM
its not expensive, cost me 80 bucks for the support, welded it myself.....perfect mate!

only weld it yourself if you have COMPLETE confidence in your welding skills. My old man has a steel business, had a bloke weld up some racks to hold sum steel, when we loaded them up they CRASHED down like a bag o' sh*t. If u could imagine the equivelant happenin to ur car and causin a crash then get sum1 else to do it!

faijai
24-06-2005, 12:03 AM
hey kiss
go to any wrecker and ask for 1/4 cuts which include the bumper and radiator support, and radiator itself. this shouldnt be too expensive.

fenders can be fixed if they arnt damaged too bad but the bonnet i dont think u can fix by panel beaters. both fenders n bonnet shouldnt be too hard to get for an eg.

good lucks man

kiss
24-06-2005, 09:06 AM
thanks for the tip guys

well wen i first got the car, i had already went to the wreckers to buy a nose cut.. which included front bumper, radiator support, radiator, ac compressor, headlights.. cost me 300$ for that lot

so that means i got the rad support, i heard you have to weld it huh..

i hit the front passenger side of the car, n the impact slightly pushed the front in.. so the rad n ac are kinda squashed!
u reckon its still save to drive? i got tafe today.. bleh

it was the first time driving in the rain.. now i know never to tailgate in the rain again. ARGH

destrukshn
24-06-2005, 09:38 AM
you can try formula1, they have a lot of honda parts just bargain them to get more and cheaper parts kiss.

:)

kiss
24-06-2005, 10:01 AM
the roads were wet, my mate was in the left lane, n then quickly changed into the right lane, but changed his mind (i dunno why) n then jumped back into the left lane again, and the left lane already had cars queued up in traffic. so i was changing with him, n i tried to brake, but my wheels locked in n skidded into his car..

heist
24-06-2005, 04:19 PM
where is formula1?

civiceg9
24-06-2005, 04:41 PM
only weld it yourself if you have COMPLETE confidence in your welding skills. My old man has a steel business, had a bloke weld up some racks to hold sum steel, when we loaded them up they CRASHED down like a bag o' sh*t. If u could imagine the equivelant happenin to ur car and causin a crash then get sum1 else to do it!

Yeah I can't do it myself had to pay for getting someone doing it.
need to get the alignment right otherwise all your light will be out of place.
plus your raditor, condensor, lights, bumper hangs of the support.
didn't want to take any risk. :cool:

kiss
24-06-2005, 07:26 PM
well my car was in an accident with the previous owner, n they didnt even fix it properly, the radiator support was bent n the alignment was uneven, so the headlights didnt fit on straight.

BLEH

civicboy
24-06-2005, 09:39 PM
goodluck with collecting your car parts...im sure you'll find some cheap wreckers around :)

EGB16A
25-06-2005, 07:49 PM
have you considered vented fibreglass guards and a carbon bonnet? Thats what i'd be opting to do if i was in your situation

kiss
26-06-2005, 09:18 AM
hey if it was cheaper than its the way i would go

but its gonna be harder to sell i suppose
this car has given me bad luck, that i want to sell it, though i need to get around

just last night my car broke down in the middle of the highway, no joke, sat there for 10 minutes. pissed me off, then pushed my car to the side of the road, went to the petrol station to get some fuel, came back n poured it into the car.. then noticed some f*cker badged my civic badge

im am so p*ssed. BLEH so not my day.. this wet weather is bad luck

destrukshn
26-06-2005, 09:35 AM
where is formula1?

Its at yennora on Larra St or theres another one up the road.

hey if it was cheaper than its the way i would go

but its gonna be harder to sell i suppose
this car has given me bad luck, that i want to sell it, though i need to get around

just last night my car broke down in the middle of the highway, no joke, sat there for 10 minutes. pissed me off, then pushed my car to the side of the road, went to the petrol station to get some fuel, came back n poured it into the car.. then noticed some f*cker badged my civic badge

im am so p*ssed. BLEH so not my day.. this wet weather is bad luck

Bad luck bro, dont worry so much about the badge jayt will grab you another one, just get your car fixed bro :) s'all good.

kiss
26-06-2005, 09:40 AM
wat p*ssed me off more was that they chipped the paint as well
SJDKLSJLKFJGDSJF i would of been alrite if they hadnt.

EGB16A
26-06-2005, 09:43 AM
wat p*ssed me off more was that they chipped the paint as well
SJDKLSJLKFJGDSJF i would of been alrite if they hadnt.

you are one unlucky ducky! did they badge front or back?

kiss
26-06-2005, 03:55 PM
my mate got me the new 'civic' badge, thats the one they took

oh and i lost my staff discount card from work.. think i left it at the petrol station last nite wen my car broke down

AHHHHHHHHHH F*CK