PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Melbourne with a heart

Frankie_J
03-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Ok so I have a 94 Accord VTiS and its going great then last week something on the road burst my front tyre and pushed my wheel back into the gaurd and snaped the stabilizer bolt and screwed some other stuff up, all i know is it wont drive and it sounds like the gears aren't engaging, but the wheel still tries to turn against the gaurd...also my airbag deployed for some reason :shock: ....I was just wondering if any of you know a good mechanic who can do the job for me? plz?

toE
03-02-2004, 01:14 PM
it would be advisable to firstly take a drag, and tell us where in Australia you r from. :)

That's pretty major by the sounds of it.

Is it manual/auto?? I'm pretty sure any competent mechanic can figure out how to repair it.

Good luck and so sorry for your occurance.

poid
03-02-2004, 01:42 PM
It says melbourne in the title you clown :P

I hope you are insured, because that is going to be one expensive repair. :(

I dont live in Melb though, so i wouldn't have a clue who could do the repairs down there. Good luck with it

toE
03-02-2004, 01:54 PM
d'OH!!

Just remembered V-Tech Automotive in North Melbourne buddy. He specializes in Hondas.

Check www.yellowpages.com.au for address and number.

Where did this happen by the way??

JohnnyBoy
03-02-2004, 02:13 PM
then last week something on the road burst my front tyre and pushed my wheel back into the gaurd and snaped the stabilizer bolt and screwed some other stuff up,

Sorry to hear bud...

i gotta ask though.. what da hell did you hit to do that much damage?!?!?!?

musta been braking hard when you hit, cause otherwise, it would've just gone over it rather than pushing the wheel back into the guard!?!?!?

Frankie_J
03-02-2004, 10:57 PM
It's an auto, I was just drivin down the Tulla Freeway to the city, gettin out of Broady and my tyre just went...I just happened to be over a bridge and the car pulled towards the barrier, i turned it away but both wheels on the right side hit concrete and did me in, so thats what screwed me wheel so badly...got no clue what i hit but it probably went over the bridge down to the Ring road under me, my sideskirt did :? Thanks dudes, I got this shady mechanic to come around and offered to buy my car for $5k or said he'd try n get someone to do it for me for like $3 - $4k...I'm trusting you guys more than my shady mech, so does that sound too much?

Spoon-Accord
04-02-2004, 04:55 PM
should be too much of a problem frankie..
just go to some kinda shop like BMT or something and ask them to sus it out..
do go giving up ur car.. and dont accept an offer of 5k cause ur car is still worth alot..

just try and find a good person who can do the job for good good price..

try take some pictures..
maybe we can help

Cheers

Ken

A'PEXi
06-02-2004, 01:08 AM
g-o-g-g-o- mobile....

just look up the phone book for some mobile mechaics :D they should be able to help.

EuroAccord13
06-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Your airbag inflated? that alone will cost over a grand to put back. Where is your car now? I know of a few trusty mechanics and panel beaters that I can offer..

CHEERS

Civic Si
12-02-2004, 09:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear that about ur car!

Hopefully it'll b back on da road soon! :)