PDA

View Full Version : [EURO] V6 Rumours????

Villainous_J
24-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Hey all,

I did a bit of searching before posting this (just incase of double post).

Got my Euro serviced yesterday, the service guy says to me "Euro's gonna be coming out with the V6 soon".

Can anybody confirm or deny this?

Cheers

jamchen
24-06-2005, 12:32 PM
highly doubt... well just in my opinion :D
coz its a game for every single business... they need some separations between models...
maybe just think about CRV and Euro... they are both same engine and why isn't honda just put Euro engine into CRV? its simply make the euro less attractive ;)
if Euro is gonna make as turbo like the Mazda 6 MPS... with 4WD like the CRV or MDX.. i believe its gonna be hot! :D

VirIIx
24-06-2005, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't want 4WD in the Euro.

Give me the New Honda Legendary setup. NOW that is a MEAN car :)

maybe a nice upgrade IF it ever gets to Australia... ;) perhaps the Mugen tuned one? *hint hint* :D :D

plus Turbo has too much lag for it to be effective imo. Supercharge or give us more refined NA :D

aaronng
24-06-2005, 01:27 PM
I doubt the Euro will get a V6 soon. Unless the competitors at the same price range of $30000-45000 start selling better than the Euro, we'll stay with the K24A3 engine. If we do get a model update (we just had one for 2005 btw), then we might get the same engine as the TSX which is 200hp instead of our 187hp. Of course, we'll all have to run on 98 octane, but that's not really a problem.

Tobster
24-06-2005, 02:06 PM
If I had the choice I think I'd still take the 4. I want a Euro instead of my current V6 Magna. I'll take the lower fuel consumption for everyday commuting and if I want the power and the fun I can just rev it...

Just about all PULP bowsers are 98 octane now anyway, aren't they? I can't recall the last time I saw a 95 bowser in Adelaide...

LOC888
24-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Rumours suck! I also heard from someone that they were gonna bring out a turbo euro to compete with the mazda 6 MPS; yeah right...

UNLS1
24-06-2005, 03:20 PM
not true

TwEigh
24-06-2005, 03:32 PM
well rumours are good. but if it comes from the sales or service its a lie. (damn i hate them)

I still dont understand how some cars within the same company are priced.
Like V6 Luxury Accord, lux Euro and Type S integra, they are priced about the same.

if we compare V6 LUX accord and Type S,
when you look at V6 luxury accord it got bigger body (means it use more steel,paint,material to make the body = cost more), more power (means more expensive engine) and more luxury items like leather, sunroof, rain sensor,foglamp, etc.
but still they are priced about the same. well something to discuss about.

wlee2
24-06-2005, 04:12 PM
well rumours are good. but if it comes from the sales or service its a lie. (damn i hate them)

I still dont understand how some cars within the same company are priced.
Like V6 Luxury Accord, lux Euro and Type S integra, they are priced about the same.

if we compare V6 LUX accord and Type S,
when you look at V6 luxury accord it got bigger body (means it use more steel,paint,material to make the body = cost more), more power (means more expensive engine) and more luxury items like leather, sunroof, rain sensor,foglamp, etc.
but still they are priced about the same. well something to discuss about.

the V6 Accord non Euro one was made in china.. ^_^.. might be why its cheaper hehe....

TwEigh
24-06-2005, 04:21 PM
the V6 Accord non Euro one was made in china.. ^_^.. might be why its cheaper hehe....

thailand u mean? i think there is more into it.

wlee2
24-06-2005, 05:26 PM
i thought the civic was made in tailand the accord was china.. atleast i thought it was theres a abundant of accord parts in china =P..

jamchen
24-06-2005, 05:35 PM
three models are produced in China, Accord v6, Odyssey Jap spec, and CRV
but they are all for domestic market and no exports :wave:

Tobster
24-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Our Accord V6 is made in Thailand -- there is now a free trade agreement with Thgailand so tere's no import duty on the car. The Euro and Integra are made in Japan.

aaronng
24-06-2005, 05:55 PM
The reason why the Integra is more expensive, is because of the components used. The suspension, seats and intake+exhaust system is much more expensive than the Accord V6's. Also, there is added hand tuning into the engine for the Integra. That's why it is more expensive.

Also, the target market sector who buys the Integra brand new know what they want and are willing to pay that extra to get it.

TwEigh
24-06-2005, 06:04 PM
our v6 accord is defenietly come from thailand. when there is trade free agreement between aus and thailand their price just dropped. and i read in Wheels megazine as well..
I am sure that euro and integra made in japan. dont know about our civic, crv and odyssey.

TwEigh
24-06-2005, 06:05 PM
OPS.. Tobster already said it..
sorry i didnt check the second page hehe.. my bad..

EuroAccord13
24-06-2005, 06:08 PM
The 2.4 and V6 Accords come from Thailand, the Accord Euros come from Japan..
The Civic Sedan comes from Thailand too and I'm pretty sure that the Hatch comes from Japan, if not UK (Where the Type Rs are made)

If the Euro came in a V6 earlier, I would have got it... Too Bad LOL

Suntzu
24-06-2005, 09:40 PM
I IMHO I think V6 Euro would price it out of its "target market". Its all about branding and filling specific target niches, not neccesarily about what honda could or couldnt do....

Villainous_J
24-06-2005, 09:53 PM
personally I wish it was true, I'd love the extra power from a 6, although the 4 does a really good job. I just miss the flexibility of a 6 (ie: the extra torque) but then again it is FWD....

LOC888
24-06-2005, 10:09 PM
not true

I know, doesnt it suck...

yfin
25-06-2005, 12:18 AM
There is a passage in the TSX technical manual about the use of a 4 cylinder - some spiel about it being a very deliberate decision by Acura to assist the balance and handling of the car.

aaronng
25-06-2005, 12:28 AM
There is a passage in the TSX technical manual about the use of a 4 cylinder - some spiel about it being a very deliberate decision by Acura to assist the balance and handling of the car.
Hehe, and also because Honda Japan (who designed the Accord Euro) didn't spec it to have a V6 in the first place. For that, there is the Inspire (which is our Thailand Accord!)

But if US markets change, and Acura pushes for a small-medium sized sedan with a V6, we just might get what we want. Look at the Mitsubishi Eclipse! They have now put in a 3.8 V6 into what started as a 2.4 4-cyl, that evolved to a 3.0 V6.

wynode
25-06-2005, 12:38 AM
But honda don't tend to increase their capacity that easily I feel. They tend to squeeze every last bit out of what they have before they up the capacity (probably keeping in line with their philosophy on good economy and low emissions).

yfin
25-06-2005, 12:41 AM
But if US markets change, and Acura pushes for a small-medium sized sedan with a V6, we just might get what we want. Look at the Mitsubishi Eclipse! They have now put in a 3.8 V6 into what started as a 2.4 4-cyl, that evolved to a 3.0 V6.

I, for one, would not want a V6 Euro. The current engine is perfectly matched for the chassis. Do we want more weight at the front? Balance is so underrated. A V6 would also use more fuel (btw - I paid this week $86 for a fill up @ 1.41 per litre - hehe).

TwEigh
25-06-2005, 01:24 AM
personally I wish it was true, I'd love the extra power from a 6, although the 4 does a really good job. I just miss the flexibility of a 6 (ie: the extra torque) but then again it is FWD....

even if its true, are u going to sell ur current euro and get the new V6 one? because I wont.. and you should wish this is untrue, because you just bought your car and feel the regret if the new model come out soon after..

CONAN
25-06-2005, 08:35 AM
is there anything wrong with the accord v6 because its made in thailand?

i've read reviews and all say that the build quality is just as high as the euro, if not better

aaronng
25-06-2005, 10:26 AM
I, for one, would not want a V6 Euro. The current engine is perfectly matched for the chassis. Do we want more weight at the front? Balance is so underrated. A V6 would also use more fuel (btw - I paid this week $86 for a fill up @ 1.41 per litre - hehe).
Yes, that is absolutely right. That is why I dislike the Eclipse and American cars in general! To me, it doesn't matter if they come out with a V6 or not. I already have my Euro, and I think it is more than enough for me because for now my capabilities are not at a high enough level to extract 100% of the car's performance (and traffic laws do not permit me to), so there is no point for a V6.

And balance is important! I grew up as an 86 fan. Hehe.

albii
25-06-2005, 11:33 AM
if there is going to be an upgrade let it be more kw from the 2.4...i dont know about anyone else but to me the ivtec would lose its appeal in a v6..thats not to say the 177kw 6 sp wouldnt go hard cos it would really hammer but i think going away from from a high output 4cyl is not the way to go....after all that is what honda is all about.

yfin
25-06-2005, 01:00 PM
:confused:

What petrol is that?

Caltex Vortex - 1300kms north of Perth - only 95 ron.

Chris_F
25-06-2005, 01:10 PM
i'm still waiting for a hybrid euro with 150+kw and 300+nm of torque with the electric motor at the rear making it perfect 50:50.

throw in the SH-AWD for good measure.

"yes. for the honda fan boys but not for the general consumer who doesn't care if it is 4,6,8 cyl as long as it got more power."

username, I find the majority of people still judge a car by its cylinders.

Youll be suprised how many people think you have a great stereo when yousay the euro has 140kw ;)....

aaronng
25-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Poor Euro.... Don't they have Vortex 98 over there? I just converted a BMW owner to Vortex 98. Haha

aaronng
25-06-2005, 01:39 PM
i'm still waiting for a hybrid euro with 150+kw and 300+nm of torque with the electric motor at the rear making it perfect 50:50.

throw in the SH-AWD for good measure.

SH-AWD will weight quite a fair bit. It might even push the Euro over 1600kg!

Chris_F
25-06-2005, 02:43 PM
oh shit didnt know sh-awd weighed that much :p

yea i agree with that too - 170kw v6 vs. 170kw 4 cyl ppl will choose the 6 coz the power will be made at lower revs etc.

I still want a hybrid euro tho.

PERTH_EURO
25-06-2005, 03:36 PM

Carnarvon....Minilya... or are you heading down the inland way thru newman??

Cant believe you didnt come and say hello :p

Aaarong the only 98oct product in WA is the ultimate 98 from BP :thumbdwn:

Chris_F
25-06-2005, 03:57 PM
swap in an s2000 engine ;)

destrukshn
25-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Nope, didnt hear of this.. I would choose a Subaru Liberty GT over a Euro anyday.. well thats my opinion anyways. lol

albii
25-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Nope, didnt hear of this.. I would choose a Subaru Liberty GT over a Euro anyday.. well thats my opinion anyways. lol
well if you read the reviews the euro is rated higher than the liberty gt..but not quite as good as the 3.0r

Nickt
27-06-2005, 09:55 AM
well if you read the reviews the euro is rated higher than the liberty gt..but not quite as good as the 3.0r

AND its 20K cheaper!