PDA

View Full Version : where did my power go? :(

_Daniel
24-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Ok, so I finally picked up my DC2R yesterday morning
and I loved it!

this morning, I woke up and wired in an RSM.
now when I started the engine, the idle seems lil (well, alot) rougher than yesterday
now when driving I feels there's a noticable lack of power compared to yesterday
What could it be?

after I picked it up I topped up the tank with Caltex Vortex Gold, and the car is completely stock cept for spoon front/rear struts.

The car is booked in for its 100,000km service on wednesday.
Also, when I get out of the car I can sometimes smell wat I think is clutch (not 100% familiar with the smell)

any help would be greatly appreciated

locote
24-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Whats a RSM

ACTI0NMAN-1
24-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Rev/Speed/Meter usually has an optional stand and G sensor :)

faijai
24-06-2005, 11:46 PM
a rsm does not effect your power wat so ever.
its all in ur head
maybe ur vtec fell off?

tRipitaka
24-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Rev/Speed/Meter usually has an optional stand and G sensor :)

could be the extra weight of the RSM that is making it slower :rolleyes:

_Daniel
25-06-2005, 01:31 AM
update:
The person who installed my car audio says it sounds/feels like its only working 3 injectors.
Another person who had a quick look at it says it sounds like its running on 3 cylinders.

Any idea's?
the exhuast is kinda like a 'brup brup brup' noise, its not smooth but more a rough pulsing idle, and each time the it makes the noise the car kinda jerks ever so slightly

_CiVIC_
25-06-2005, 09:23 AM
yeah you have probably misfired with one of the cylinders, you may have to change your leads and sparkies. Also check your throttle body for a carbon build up, it could easily be that too, as there may be an extreme build up of carbon within the throttle body minimising the amount of air passing through. This can be easily taken care of by buying a can of Carby Spray, and then flushing it out. :)

keep us updated on your progress dude. good luck.

Felix
25-06-2005, 04:27 PM
update:
The person who installed my car audio says it sounds/feels like its only working 3 injectors.
Another person who had a quick look at it says it sounds like its running on 3 cylinders.

Any idea's?
the exhuast is kinda like a 'brup brup brup' noise, its not smooth but more a rough pulsing idle, and each time the it makes the noise the car kinda jerks ever so slightly
Yeah probably just sparkies and or leads. That happened to me in my last car. Its no worries simply fixed.

NTR16N
25-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Yeah probably just sparkies and or leads. That happened to me in my last car. Its no worries simply fixed.

same here... quick and cheap to fix.. if that is the problem

tell us if it still doesnt work..

destrukshn
25-06-2005, 05:11 PM
lol, oh its just in his head.. the dc2rs are slow.. ;)

_Daniel
26-06-2005, 01:24 AM
seeing as the car is booked in for a major service on wednesday I think I'll let Honda deal with it

would I be causing any damage to the engine if I did minimal driving in it in the meantime?

bungsai
26-06-2005, 05:11 AM
yes, just make sure that all ure plugs and leads are plugged in properly, especially check around the dissy.

dont drive it on 3 cyclinders

rtype
26-06-2005, 06:08 AM
check the distributor cap and rotor it happened to my nephew jdm dc2r before. also check leads and spark plugs. good luck

Weq
26-06-2005, 01:26 PM
it sounds like u have NFI how a car works. my advice, take it to a mechanic before taking any internet mechanic advice.

If you must try and fix the problem by urself, to check to see what cylinder isnt fireing.
start the car up and pull one spark plug lead off at a time. listen for changes in sound/rev's of the engine. if you pull one and it doesnt change the sound, u know that cylinder isnt fireing and u can start changing parts accoding.