PDA

View Full Version : wndow problems

Mugen_B16B
25-06-2005, 03:22 AM
hi guys, im having problems with my ek sedan, the window on the passenger side isnt goin down and its because the cable on the driver side is cut somewhere, anyone no a good cheap place that'll fix this problem in brisbane?

_CiVIC_
25-06-2005, 09:40 AM
are you sure its cut??? Try taking the power windows switch unit out of the door trim and check the plugs.. there may be a build up of dirt or dust that is conflicting with the transfer of the current. If this is the case just simply disconnect the plugs clean it out by just blowing into it, then replace the plug. Hopefully that works and all is fine. Otherwise you may need an autoelec to help you out.

Good luck bro.

Nic86
25-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Just had the same prob in my car....but in the drivers door...the easiest thing to do was to replace the switch...cost about $80 and is now working a dream :)
**Nic86

Mugen_B16B
26-06-2005, 04:00 PM
i hafta open the driver side door wide open and push down on the cables to get the passenger window down, ive pulled the whole door apart and nothin was damaged so i think its the cable:S

flyhonda
26-06-2005, 04:28 PM
yea i would say change the switch, like borrow a mates sedan one and see if it works. good luck bro

Z
26-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Does the passenger side window work when you use the passenger side switch? Or doesnt it work full stop (from either switch)?

Mugen_B16B
26-06-2005, 09:50 PM
doesnt work full stop
what i reckon its the cable been cut because my car was reprayed and they might have put the door on to rough and the cable cut itself

Z
26-06-2005, 11:24 PM
http://repo.jackmoves.com/albums/album206/Window_wiring.sized.png

Id say your problem is not getting power to the passenger side, mainly as neither switch works (bottom left of wiring diagram). So, id say check;

GREEN/BLACK - going to the passenger side
BLUE/RED - between passenger switch and passenger motor
BLUE/WHITE - between passenger switch and passenger motor

Mugen_B16B
27-06-2005, 03:16 AM
thanks Z i'll look at it tomolo if not then could someone show me a good atuo electrician in brisbane thats cheap and does good job?