PDA

View Full Version : Review: Tanabe Sustec Pro S-0C Coilover

euro77
25-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Disclaimer: This review is based on my personal experience and is solely of my personal opinion

I've just got this installed on my car.
Here's my review on the coil over....

- ride comfort
Surprisingly the ride comfort is very comfortable. I am guessing the helper springs actually helps in keeping the ride comfort level up.

- handling
Since the ride comfort is comfortable, you might think handling will suck as it will introduce much body roll? Well, guess what... it didn't. Body roll is kept to minimal during high speed cornering. I'm fortunate enough to test this coilover on the track today, and the coilover really helps in stablising the car and reducing body roll. It makes my car recover so much easily during sharp S cornering. Of course a stiffer dampening will really help to eliminate body roll, but this coilover is designed for street driving, and at it's current dampening settings, it's more than enough. Mind you the dampening is not adjustable, only the height is.

- looks
Well, it's height adjustable, so you can dump it... or just lower it 1 1/2 inch which should give you enough clearance to go over bumps at comfortable speed level (car dependent).

Overall impressions, for street driving, this is an excellent coilover. For ocassional tracks, this is still a very good coilover that would help you tackle those corners. But for those who track their car often, don't use this coilover. You would want something that has stiffer dampening, or at least adjustable dampening, such as the Tanabe Sustec Pro S-S. I personaly don't have any experience with the S-S, but after experiencing the S-0C, I'm confident to say the S-S will be much better.

I myself am very happy with it, as I will only track my car every now and then, and I'll be driving my car everyday, so I would want something that's still comfortable, but would still live up to your expectations during spirited driving.

yfin
26-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Thanks for posting this Euro77. :thumbsup:

Chris_F
26-06-2005, 07:55 PM
good to knwo the tanabe's are a good product

vtek
26-06-2005, 10:14 PM
whats the price on these?

euro77
26-06-2005, 10:57 PM
RRP US$1050 for TSX (Accord Euro)
More info in http://www.tanabe-usa.com/coilovers/s-oc.asp
I bought this from Assassin Motorsport, I'm sure he's more than happy to help you.

[stealth]
27-06-2005, 11:26 AM
how much did you pay for them from Assassin?

ASSASSIN
28-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Hey Euro77
Thanks for the report on the Coilovers mate glad you enjoying them :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BusterSonic12
27-07-2006, 10:04 PM
thanks~!! for the review, i need it right now HAHAHA to make up my mind...:) how much you got them for? what height is your euro on now?

euro77
27-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Got them from Assassin Motorsport (he's the person posting just before you :D). Can't remember how much is it, it's been a while. I dropped my car real low, you can find some pics of my car on the Appearance/Gallery, just search for euro77 in that forum.

slipn
30-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Awsome! your hear alot about Tien and buddyclub but I have not heard anything about Tanabe. From your review it sounds like these might be what im after something comfortable but with good handling

Spunkymonkey
30-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Great review! Can't wait for the tanabe pro 5 to be released - well more information on what cars it will be available for with the TEAS (electronic control system) - automatically adjusts setting for you whilst your driving! Ashame the pro 7 isn't made for DC2s!