PDA

View Full Version : EG camber kit...

.::F[L]Y::.
26-06-2005, 09:44 PM
hey all,

just had a question in regards to camber kits for EG civic. My eg is pretty much dumped on its ass so as you would imagine the camber is pretty bad and the wear on my tyres are bad to say the least...

just wanted to know if anyone hear has a camber kit on their EG and roughly how much it costs? Is it possbile to install the camber kit DIY style??

cheers:D

bennjamin
26-06-2005, 10:24 PM
rear camber can be DIY adjusted via 2-6 washers either side of the upper control arms in the rear. IT can give from +1 to +2 or so degress camber apparently ?!?

Front - there is no DIY camber fix - its abit more complicated and expensive !
Try getting a full alignment to adjust front and rear toe etc , to minimise tyre wear from cambering.

wynode
26-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Rear camber kit can be done DIY like ben said. Just get a longer bolt for the top control arm and add some washer to space it out.

Front you might have to purchase something aftermarket

EDIT: OK so I just said what ben did LOL

spetz
27-06-2005, 01:23 AM
I think the front alignment parts are quite expensive.
You need the top suspension arm which is adjustable. I think they are aroung $600+ for the pair

Perry
27-06-2005, 12:32 PM
alignment wont help with FLy's car

bennjamin
27-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Alignment WILL help FLY's with tyre wear.

Try getting a full alignment to adjust front and rear toe etc , to minimise tyre wear from cambering.

nobbs
27-06-2005, 02:51 PM
perry allignmnet will make a difference on johns car, seeing he never did one when he lowered the car, it wont solve the problem but it will make it a little better

Perry
27-06-2005, 03:51 PM
by the way he drives the car everyday it wont that much from my knowledge the cmaber is pretty damn bad at the front only, better off gettign cmaber kit then alignment then it should b kool

.::F[L]Y::.
27-06-2005, 03:58 PM
well im gona get new tyres for the fronts and get an alignment...hehe see how it goes.

wynode
27-06-2005, 09:27 PM

How will an alignment (without an aftermarket camber kit) help reduce wear from cambering? ;)

bennjamin
27-06-2005, 09:33 PM
How will an alignment (without an aftermarket camber kit) help reduce wear from cambering? ;)

as you know...adjusting the TOE which is no doubt out of wack from lack of previous alignment ( and millions of potholes along our roads etc) will help reduce the wear as stated :thumbsup:

Its going to wear with too much negative camber - but anything that prevents excessive wear is better no ? :cool:

nobbs
27-06-2005, 09:40 PM
i have a bad camber problem on my car, i went thru my first set of tyres fast and once i got alignment done it still wears out uneven but its not as bad

wynode
27-06-2005, 09:54 PM
heeh yes ben.........but you said something along the lines of that an alignment will fix camber problems. This is only true if you have camber kit ;)

wynode
27-06-2005, 09:55 PM
But yes.....adjusting toe will help inside/outside tyre wear if there is excessive toe in/out.