PDA

View Full Version : audio installation

mylude
27-06-2005, 01:42 AM
Hi guys, i am just wondering if you guys can recommended anyone or any shops in melbourne that can provide a good audio installation job. I am currently looking for someone who can install my amp and sub and give it a good tunning. i believed that getting it well-installed is important in order for the amp to give out its best output!!

mugeneration
27-06-2005, 03:47 PM
just a suggestion, why dont you do it yourself? Its fairly easy and doesnt need many tools. You'll find that you will be able to tune it so that you think it sounds good. Plus you will have the satisfaction of being able to say: "look what I did, ALL BY MYSELF!" :D lol the DIY section has a wiring guide, its model specific but really it can be used for any car at all, honda or not.

ITRBoI
27-06-2005, 04:49 PM
heard the shop TOWERS!!! os something like that do a very good job in melb!!!, im from sydney but heard of them cause i know ppl down melb and also the rep of eclipse recommands it as well...so yeah

kam
27-06-2005, 05:58 PM
id be carefull of the DIY option, unless you have someone with you, who knows what their doing. ive heard stories of amp's bieng wired up wrong, and setting on fire... so be careful :)

where abouts are you located? in my other thread, some good shops are mentioed.

mylude
27-06-2005, 09:15 PM
i am in Melbourne...it would be great if i DIY but just don't wanna take the risk!!

Z
27-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Central Car Audio
883 Nepean Hwy
Bentleigh

Mind you, theres a number of places in Melb that can do a good install, CCA just happens to be closest to me.

adammet04
27-06-2005, 09:32 PM
I had central car radio (nepean hwy, bentliegh) do an install on my CRV when i had it...i was able to get cheap gear at their sales and i think they did a great job of doing what i wanted...that is a removeable 2*12 sub box with amp on the back...so id have a look at them...im going to chat to Tower audio as well soon about something for my euro because ive heard some good things about them as well (no first hand knowledg soz)

i didnt have very good luck with the frankston mob in my VN commy, in my opinion they butchered my dash and also did some bad wiring for my central lockin/alarm system..but it was a vn commy so go figure :p

fongyfong
03-07-2005, 01:05 PM
wheres a good one in sydney

ICACHA
03-07-2005, 06:30 PM
depends on what you want to pay fongyfong...

if your after cheap you will find them, if you want it done right then their around...

fongyfong
03-07-2005, 06:54 PM
wat places u recomend icacha

TEG61E
03-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Whatever u do, dont go Strathfield!

fongyfong
03-07-2005, 09:58 PM
wheres a better place

ICACHA
04-07-2005, 04:49 PM
list me in PM what you got and want to install and what you are thinking of spending so you dont hijack someone elses thread and i will tell you places to go and get quotes from...

J-MuN
04-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Tower Audio in Oakleigh or Melton... they do very professional jobs... :D