PDA

View Full Version : Supercharging a Jazz??

GD1 Jazz
27-06-2005, 11:57 PM
Is there any superchargers available for our ride yet, cos in a Malaysian forum theres a guy has it in his ride by the brand name dunno what called "ZIKO Supercharger"??? Try getting info fm him yet no replies, & also not even in the net!!!

strepto
28-06-2005, 12:19 AM
I cant really see how the L series would be suitable for a SC. Too high comperssion and too little space. Im not saying it cant be done, just that it would require a LOT of work.

integraz
28-06-2005, 01:12 PM
i think you should wait for either jackson racing or comptech to make one, but as the jazz isnt on the US market i think it would be pretty hard for a company outside of US to make one.

And L-series not suitable for S/C what a load of pooie, any engine is suitable, even with high compression, the dc5 type-r has high compression and they seem to run well with a supercharger.
Space shouldnt be a large factor as a bolt on kit will replace the intake manifold "replicating" the original manifold, therefore you can still use your n/a bolt-ons.

bUT with saying all of this, it would seem pretty hard to actually find a S/c for a Jazz, because the majority of companies making s/c for hondas is from the US.

GD1 Jazz
28-06-2005, 02:18 PM
True...true, guess have to wait for the US to launch the Jazz there, then we`ll see tons of aftermarket components for our Jazzies!

BLKCRX
28-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Biggest problem with Jazz is no aftermarket ECU support, how can you build a turbo or supercharge Jazz if you can't tune it ? unless you motec it ;)

Regards James

racinghonda
28-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Think a turbo would be better in the Jazz than a SC from a handling point of view. The extra weight of the turbo, manifold etc would be behind the engine and front axle, where as the supercharger would place the weight out front and affect the handling. Also, there is probably more room out back?

strepto
28-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Biggest problem with Jazz is no aftermarket ECU support, how can you build a turbo or supercharge Jazz if you can't tune it ? unless you motec it

That was also one of my points. You may get it to fit on there (poor choice of word) but whats the use if you cant tune it? High compression engine will require even more fine tuning to prevent detonation.. A SC would cause the engine to get a lot hotter, since obviously youd be running very lean. With the pistons installed youd get hotspots, and .. well im just having a hard time seeing that bolton SC will be any success. If you could lover the compression and strenghten the drivetrain (the rods on the K series look like toothpicks) you'd have a better chance.

Who cares anyway, we all know N/A rules! :D

GD1 Jazz
28-06-2005, 10:47 PM
If you could lover the compression and strenghten the drivetrain (the rods on the K series look like toothpicks) you'd have a better chance.[quote]

Thats what i felt too, tho i`m not an expert on it. Saw those HKS & TOP FUEL turbo kits available but without any drivetrain upgrades are doom for trouble if being pushed too hard.

AusS2000
07-11-2006, 10:51 AM
I expect the yanks would do it the same way they do it on S2000s. Use a rising rate fuel pressure regulator to increase fuel proportional to boost. And hide the boost from the ECU. Works Ok on 11:1 comp S2000s.

FIT
12-11-2006, 10:10 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3329778380827073754&q=honda+fit

racinghonda
13-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Fantastic. Now to convince the Mrs her Jazz needs one and hope its compatible with CVT.

FIT
22-11-2006, 07:35 PM
http://www.jacksonracing.com/production.htm (http://www.jacksonracing.com/production.htm)

check it out...

5psi kit (USD3500)----- DYNO at wheels gain up to approx 135hp
10 psi kit (USD5000)----DYNO at wheels gain up to approx 160 hp

they have jazz extractor too~

Zimp13
22-11-2006, 11:03 PM
if one can turbo charge jazz y not supercharge???