PDA

View Full Version : [EURO] Regarding mods...

jl88rl
28-06-2005, 02:30 AM
Hey guys, once u go for ur service do they check up on ur mods?

I'm worried about honda voiding warranty because of just a cai or something even smaller.

Also, have u guys told ur insurance about the mods u have undertaken cos i heard that its necessary...? :o

C[H]aMeLeoN
28-06-2005, 09:00 AM
Pretty sure warranty is only affected if the mod is a direct influence on the damage. eg. engine damage due to water entering CAI.

euro77
28-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Hey guys, once u go for ur service do they check up on ur mods?

I'm worried about honda voiding warranty because of just a cai or something even smaller.

Also, have u guys told ur insurance about the mods u have undertaken cos i heard that its necessary...? :o

warranty will only void if Honda determines that your mod is causing the issue (e.g., if you burnt your clutch, then Honda find out about your mod, they can argue the mods increases the power beyond the capability of the clutch, so you won't be covered by warranty).

Re insurance, you HAVE TO tell them, otherwise, if you are involved in accident, and you are at fault, the insurance company may opt not to cover you if they found out about modifications you've done to the car that is not listed in your policy. That means cashing out for the other party's damage, and your own damage.