PDA

View Full Version : whats mods??

Dtegra
28-06-2005, 02:43 AM
ITS late i cant sleep im bored...

after earlier looking through my "junk" in my garage i came across my intake manifold of my last motor..was wondering wat sort of powers i could expect if say it had a larger throttle body is like 5 mm difference..its 58mm now (stock)
get my injectors high flowed OR fuel pressure regulator.. the ports on the manifold a lil bigger bored like the part that feeds the air and fuel into ur head those holes.. lol like would it make a difference coz its not that hard to do i guess inexpensive to also wat times would i expect if i was to get more power
right now
b18a STOCK with KnN pod with intake pipe
high flow cat 2 inch cat back
110whp...83.8kws@wheels
15.7@90mph but can do 15.5 better take off (fully loaded i,e system, spare, jack 17's) im 6'2 100kgs aswell
0-100kmh is jus under 8 seconds its in the 7.90-8.00second bracket
my car is much faster then it shud be lol like its faster then say an integra like mine (LS) with same mods i dont understand it..i got the motor for 300bucks and had hannys install it..(who else lol)
so tell me wat ya'll think....

Andi
06-07-2005, 02:38 AM
If its not gonna cost you too much time and effort why don't you do it and see for yourself? I think a larger throttle body increases reponsivness although I'm not sure about the boring of the manifold.

SPEEDCORE
06-07-2005, 01:55 PM
May I ask how the flip you "high flow" injectors? :confused:

Dtegra
07-07-2005, 01:22 PM
May I ask how the flip you "high flow" injectors? :confused:

u take to an efi person and they do it.. they like increase the flow capacity by i guess boring the centre out lke making it bigger in the centre so it sprays out more

do a search champ

joyride
07-07-2005, 02:20 PM
why would you do that when you can just get larger size injectors?
is it cheap to do? ive never heard of this mod before... strange thing to do.

just ran a quick search.. scroll to the bottom of the link
http://www.fuelparts.com/High_Performance_injectors.htm

BLKCRX
12-07-2005, 08:58 AM
You would’t need larger injectors, that’s for sure, doing throttle body modifications, opening up the intake ports IE getting the engine to flow more air will help. Any breathing modifications will help, but chucking extra fuel into the engine won’t help. A engine needs to be tuned specifically for its setup, not randomly

sifoo
26-07-2005, 11:50 AM
why dont you by a second hand ITR throttle body and get the IM port matched and polished?
The machine work would not cost that much.
If your really strapped - you could borrow a Dremel and do some work yourself