PDA

View Full Version : Short shifter problem... Help anyone???

tracer
28-06-2005, 07:00 PM
About 2-3 months ago I purchases a B+M Short Shifter from egSi for my 94' vtir, and was all happy about it arriving in the mail only a day or two after i had placed my order, nice one Trav :D .

However this is where the luck stopped, as after installing the short shifter it seemed to work perfectly to begin with, but over the next few days, as the orings began to wear in I noticed this strange vibrating noise coming from somewhere in the vicinity of the shifter. I thought nothing of it at first but now it has been 2-3 months and this vibration noise is really giving me the shits.

When installing i replaced the old orings with the new ones, and placed the large orings to either side of the collar, 2 on one side and 1 on the other, was I also meant to slide the original black plugs from the old shifter into the hole in the bottom of the short shifter???

Can anyone help me :confused: because im all out of ideas.

Limbo
29-06-2005, 12:04 AM
i got the same problem. I'm getting a ITR shift linkage hoping it will fix my problem.
At certain revs i get a vibration from the linkage.
I think that changing the shift bushes might also help but i haven't had a chance to do that yet.

GSI-PSI
29-06-2005, 12:22 AM
just change em bak man and see wat happens. Its only a 2 minute job taking 1 nut off. Let us know wat happens.

tracer
29-06-2005, 12:27 AM
The nasty thing is, my mum accidently threw out the 2 black bush tingys that go inside the original collar :thumbdwn: ... So I hope other people have some ideas for me...

JRC
29-06-2005, 12:35 AM
it happens with mine too at first i thought it was the exhaust hanger vibrating against the shift linkage but i grinded a bit off and it still does it whenever i back off...im takin it to the mechanic soon so ill let u know

GSI-PSI
29-06-2005, 12:50 AM
just put some rubber washers in its place. All thats happening is a little vibration between metal parts. Rubber fixes everything. And its a cheap and effective fix.

tracer
29-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Ok, ill give it a go. Will let you know how it works out in the next few days. If it works, you are a GOD GSI-PSI :p

BiGANG
29-06-2005, 11:45 AM
yeh keep us posted, i got same problemo too on my ITR

bennyBear
29-06-2005, 01:50 PM
lol, im joining the problem list, i pulled it apart again and fit the old black plastic things, working better now! dont know what you could do as a substitute, lol

Limbo
29-06-2005, 07:52 PM
polyurothan shift bushes for about $30

tanghy
30-06-2005, 12:11 PM
yeh keep us posted, i got same problemo too on my ITR

take off the short shifter and put back the stock one
type Rs come with the best feeling shifter that honda produces, you're ruining it with some el-cheapo crap

GYPO2C
04-07-2005, 02:55 PM
just to add to the list i had the same problem in my LS...
i i actually just tightened the bolt about an 1/8 of a turn and it hasnt done it since...
this was about 8 months ago....