PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Rattling sound from passenger side dashboard

aaronx88
28-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Hi all,

Just recently, I have started to hear some soft rattling sound from the passenger side dashboard in my Euro. It is quite noticible when you turn off the stereo and the rattling is intermittent. My Honda Jazz had the same problem when but it was fixed under warranty during the 1k service. The culprit was the plastic that ran along windscreen vertically. If it is the same problem, it would be that piece of plastic where the sideairbag is.

It is just too co-incidental that both my newly bought Jazz and Euro is having the same problem. I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

Thank you.

Aaron

Nickt
29-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Hey I had the same problem...I thought it was the windscreen creaking or something and when I took it for my 1500Km service the guy said a few Euros had the same rattle. He fiddled with some screws inside the glovebox and it was gone!

Still dont know what/where/how but its fixed so I dont care!

ant234
29-06-2005, 05:27 PM
is this still happening to the 2005 spec euros?

aaronx88
29-06-2005, 07:27 PM
is this still happening to the 2005 spec euros?

Hi,

My Euro is indeed 2005 spec. Is this a known issue among previous year Euros?

Nickt - Thanks for the information. I will let the dealer know in my next service.

Thank you.

Aaron

pvn
20-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Yes, they are all blind and deaf when dealing with such customer issues. They really do not pay attention on such complains comparing to the "real" problems (according to them). But we DO pay attention because we... pay (money).
Do not take my words so seriously. Probably there are excellent dealers out there. :)

As long for the rattling noise: I had it too. Mine comes from glovebox. I have put some rubber weather-strip and it is much better. The glovebox is now closing a little bit hard though... but not a big deal.

Another source of this noise could be the plastic holding the seat belt. Or just the seat belt is rattling when it is not used and hangs it there.

Wish you luck on this one.

unity
20-09-2009, 11:14 PM
I sometimes get a rattle behind the passenger side dash. I can only hear it while at idle and in gear. If I shift to N the rattle goes. When I open the glovebox it gets slightly louder, but its definitely not a glovebox rattle