PDA

View Full Version : weird noises.....from my s2000

.::F[L]Y::.
29-06-2005, 08:42 AM
hey guys/girls

just got some questions in regards to the s2000...

my s2k is having some small issues mainly making weird noises...

the first is a weird ticking noise after i turn off the car, the noise appears to be coming from the mid to the rear of the vehicle.

second, the car makes an annoying vibrating/whining noise when i let go of the accelerator.

third problem is in regards to handling, the car handles as if its being pushed side to side by gusts of wind. Under hard accerlation its difficult to keep the car straight it moves side to side. Im assuming the car just needs a wheel alignment but have read somewhere that the car's sub frame may need to be realigned??

i will try and investigate further into whats causing these problems but if anyone has encountered any of these issues with their s2000 before please post here.

BiGANG
29-06-2005, 11:43 AM
the whining noise could be the infamous clutch rattle thing. If it is youre gonna need a new clutch to get rid of that one. But not 100%, have to hear the noise to know. My dads S2k has same problem, I think that they fixed it in the later models.

MrPlow
29-06-2005, 11:47 AM
The ticking is just the exhaust cooling down - as when metal heats it expands! Im pretty sure its this - as almost all cars do it - especially after a hard drive!

IRI
29-06-2005, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE='.::F[L]Y::.']
third problem is in regards to handling, the car handles as if its being pushed side to side by gusts of wind. Under hard accerlation its difficult to keep the car straight it moves side to side. Im assuming the car just needs a wheel alignment but have read somewhere that the car's sub frame may need to be realigned??

QUOTE]

the car moves side to side under hard acceleration....? Stop ripping it up at the lights then:rolleyes:

HRV-80Y
29-06-2005, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE='.::F[L]Y::.']

QUOTE]

the car moves side to side under hard acceleration....? Stop ripping it up at the lights then:rolleyes:

HAHA YEH ! stop rippin it at d lights...*CHOPPED* in da wet *ahemz* :p :p :p

mayb ur jus not use to a rear wheel drive ? jus get it checked out by a trusty mechanic...be safe n be sure...peiec of mind esepcially with new car purchase...

29-06-2005, 05:12 PM
yeh the buzz is really annoying LOL..

let me rephrase, the car moves side to side when doing over 100km...jus cruising along on the freeway. AND pascoe i didnt fully give it cause it was wet, the car still went sideways however haha

to sum it up, driving an s2000 is more demanding then driving my EG lol the shifting takes getting use to (quite easy to pop it into the wrong gear)...power wise feels good when vtec engages.

HRV-80Y
29-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Y::.']yeh the buzz is really annoying LOL..

let me rephrase, the car moves side to side when doing over 100km...jus cruising along on the freeway. AND pascoe i didnt fully give it cause it was wet, the car still went sideways however haha

to sum it up, driving an s2000 is more demanding then driving my EG lol the shifting takes getting use to (quite easy to pop it into the wrong gear)...power wise feels good when vtec engages.

its more demanding coz u r driving an s2k...woth 30k...

in ur case ur eg is a bomb n a half worth 2k...:p

Jerfield
29-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Y::.']to sum it up, driving an s2000 is more demanding ...............the shifting takes getting use to (quite easy to pop it into the wrong gear
i agree with that totally coz i'm still tryin to get use to mine (drive it on weekends only)
i feel like buyin a dd

29-06-2005, 08:54 PM
'jerfield' do you have any weird noises on your s2k? such as the ones i mentioned? or mayb im just too paranoid?

91'lude
29-06-2005, 09:33 PM
its more demanding coz u r driving an s2k...woth 30k...

in ur case ur eg is a bomb n a half worth 2k...:p

2k for a EG is to little. Try 6+.
30k for a s2000 is to little... s2000's still go for over 40k usually for the 99/2000 models...

speedracr
29-06-2005, 11:54 PM
check your rear tyre pressures

IRI
30-06-2005, 08:42 AM
2k for a EG is to little. Try 6+.
30k for a s2000 is to little... s2000's still go for over 40k usually for the 99/2000 models...

Lol, find me a 30k s2k please:wave:

Jerfield
30-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Y::.']'jerfield' do you have any weird noises on your s2k? such as the ones i mentioned? or mayb im just too paranoid?

yeah i have weird noises on my S2K but not the one u have.
one of my clips from the cover that u place over the roof when its down fell off and into a hole so it rattles from time to time.
i also have another rattling sound from time to time when my roof is up but different from the 1st noise.
it's a 2nd hand car after all so u can't expect it to be perfect i guess :D
hahahahhaha

30-06-2005, 04:40 PM
some bad news...

took the car to hannys today and jacked the car up and it appears that the car had clipped a gutter or something.... the lower control arm is bent and will possibly need to be replaced :(

e_s2k
30-06-2005, 06:45 PM
second, the car makes an annoying vibrating/whining noise when i let go of the accelerator.

That's normal, had ask a few ppl about it. It's cause there is not enough rev, when you are higher in the rev range say 4k+ it shouldn't be noticeable if you let go of the accelerator.

tpiace
05-11-2005, 08:13 AM
Haha the joys of an S2. The vibration noise is a pain in the ass but there is nothing you can do about it. Every single S2 will eventually make it. I have taken it to every Honda dealer in my area and mechanic and found out it is the driveline. Because the car is so hard revving the driveline has to allow for play so nothing breaks. Therefore when you back off the accelerator you get that annoying noise.

Muz
14-11-2005, 09:22 AM
The vibration (buzzing noise) on decelleration is caused by the clutch springs in earlier models only. It is a cosmetic annoyance only that can be rectified by replacing the clutch with a later model. My dealer replaced mine a few years ago and it has been perfect ever since. :)

If you're showing your dealer and want to replicate this noise simply take your foot off the acellerator when travelling downhill in 3rd gear at about 30-60kmh.

blusir2
19-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Y::.']hey guys/girls

just got some questions in regards to the s2000...

my s2k is having some small issues mainly making weird noises...

the first is a weird ticking noise after i turn off the car, the noise appears to be coming from the mid to the rear of the vehicle.

i will try and investigate further into whats causing these problems but if anyone has encountered any of these issues with their s2000 before please post here.

1. ticking noise is from exhaust and undercarriage metal expansion and
retraction.. coz the S2K runs at very high temps.. u should probably feel this increase in temp in traffic..

2. ppl already taled about the clutch.. that is 100% of the problem..

3. u found out the reason for that one... ouch... be careful when u put it sideways..hahaha

man S2K is a dream of a car to drive.. handles well.. has good top end and pulls the chicks.. hahaha.. i love my S2K.. its my wife.. so easy to work on as well with that huge ass engine bay due to the engine being shifted back for weight balance.. engineering at its best... gotta give it to those japs.. even though they are weird kinky ppl..

IRI
19-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Haha the joys of an S2. The vibration noise is a pain in the ass but there is nothing you can do about it. Every single S2 will eventually make it. I have taken it to every Honda dealer in my area and mechanic and found out it is the driveline. Because the car is so hard revving the driveline has to allow for play so nothing breaks. Therefore when you back off the accelerator you get that annoying noise.

you need to see a new mechanic:rolleyes:

tpiace
19-11-2005, 06:31 PM
you need to see a new mechanic:rolleyes:

Well that just means that there are 3 honda dealers out there that don't know what they are talking about.