PDA

View Full Version : Cluster parts

tegraa
30-06-2005, 06:28 PM
When i purchased my car the clear cover on the cluster was cracked and stained.

Anyway I need the clear cove part for my cluster because its cracked and manky!

I have rang heaps of honda wreckers and they will only sell me the whole cluster for big bucks!

I dont need the whole thing just the clear part and maybe the black cover skin!

Does anyone know where i can get these from?

I am sick of ringing wreckers so if anyone does know a spicific wreaker that will sell me the parts i only need.

Can i get these parts from honda?

Im in victoria

Phantasm
30-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Sounds a lil suss, how did the previous owner say the cover was broken?
Is the instrument cluster aftermarket, has been resprayed or the ks messed with?
Probly best to avoid a car with that when buying second had.
As for getting the parts honda might sell it individually, but knowing there prices it will probly cost as much as a whole cluster from a wreckers.
Id probly keep trying to wreckers, and maybe get them to trade on your existing one or something.

tegraa
30-06-2005, 07:15 PM
alex you are a tool, you know its not that bad im just real fussy in keeping my car neat and clean!

Phantasm
30-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Im not a tool thanks, if u got a prob with me take it to pm or ill egg your car at uni!

I was giving genuine advice as to what you could do, up to you if u follow it.

How much were they charging for a second hand cluster anyways?

tegraa
30-06-2005, 07:43 PM
sorry buff boy!
They were asking three hundred and above. Some were way over the top!
So i dont see the point because what i need ist that bad.

I just want my car to be clean and spotless.

I dont want to drive around with dints on my door or stuff like that.
Now that would be foolish!

GSI-PSI
30-06-2005, 08:44 PM
try parts 4 sale in this site ;)

wynode
01-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Guys lets keep the chit chat out.

tegraa: Best would be to try and pickup a damaged/broken cluster and just swap out the front from that. Short of that you will most probably have to buy an entire cluster.

tegraa
01-07-2005, 03:16 PM
ive been looking all day for this part even went to honda and their price was crazy.
Due to the fact that its not like the get many ppl asking to purchase this item.

ive been told two prices for working clusters one was around the $300 mark and today i found another for $120. What sounds right, the guy for $120 is in Clayton about an hour and a half drive.He recons its the right one,

has anyone had expirence in this area ?hould i be looking at?

I dont want to travel all that way for nothing.
Ive asked him whether the cluster was for a DC4 and he didnt even know what a DC4 was. so im not sure about doing it.