PDA

View Full Version : difference between ITR ecu & CTR ecu??

mini_s2000
30-06-2005, 08:15 PM
hey guys, just wondering whether there is a difference between the ITR factory ecu or the CTR fatcory ecu...
reason being is that i have a b16b ctr engine running in a ek4 with the b16a ecu and i'm having problems with vtech.
and atm i have can get a ITR factory ecu. or should i just continue trying to find a factory CTR ecu?

any help is great, thanks

strepto
30-06-2005, 08:16 PM
the CTR (EK9) ECU uses the same P73 map that the ITR (DC2R) has, but its scaled down for 1.6 litres. Ignition map and fuelmap are identical.

mini_s2000
30-06-2005, 08:19 PM
so is it worth getting the ITR ecu? or will i have fuel problems then due to the CTR ecu being scaled down to 1.6 litres?

strepto
30-06-2005, 09:25 PM
There is no point in getting a diffrent ECU at all - performance wise - if thats what you mean. The stock ECU will handle light boltons and tune them by themselves in closed loop. You might have a slightly lean open loop if the intake is really efficient, but normally the P73s run rich in that end anyways, but if you need tuning, your P73 wont be the ideal solution anyways. You'd wanna go OBD1 with say a P30. I reccommend P30 over P28 because it has the KS input. If this is greek to you, I suggest you take a look at the various PGM:FI forums around.

http://www.pgmfi.org/longnightswarning.jpg