PDA

View Full Version : installin rear tie bar ?

DC2108
30-06-2005, 11:23 PM
hey i need to noe how to put a rear tie bar on can any one help with this
any pics i got the idea but just need more help kinda thing
thanx

T-onedc2
02-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Is this a type r item ur talking about? I've got a 99 dc2 vti'r and they don't have the brackets required for mounting, type r does.
I think I saw a post from Thangy the other week and said a bracket could be made up, would need to be strong though to be effective. :thumbsup:
Anyone else who knows make a comment please! :wave:

BlitZ
02-07-2005, 04:16 PM
huh u just put it onto the control arm bolts... its easy

Limbo
02-07-2005, 06:11 PM
did you get a bottom one or upper one?
Lower one is as Blitz pointed out, and the upper one is over the strut towers

bennjamin
02-07-2005, 06:39 PM
did you get a bottom one or upper one?
Lower one is as Blitz pointed out, and the upper one is over the strut towers

tiebar usually "ties" the point inbetween the lower control arms ( that is , where the front and rear lower control arms are joined to the subframe)

The "upper" bar above the strut bar , is the C pillar bar. Which joins either side of the C pillar.

Do u have any pix of the "tiebar" in question ? It should be a easy install - just hold the points below the LCA's with two scissor jacks ( stock jacks) unbolt the main bolts , place the tiebar on then reapply the bolts. Tighten up and thats it methinks.

nobbs
02-07-2005, 11:04 PM
huh u just put it onto the control arm bolts... its easy

what he said, you just need to take the two bolts of, put the tie bar on and tighten it up :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

T-onedc2
03-07-2005, 12:33 AM
Oh ok, I'm confusing it for the brace in the area between the rear wheels. Can someone clarify or direct me to a thread to show this.
Cheers :o

HRV-80Y
03-07-2005, 12:49 AM
i'm pretty sure on a dc2 u'll need a rattle gun 2 help loosen the bolt...its pretty long and goes thru the lower control arms....

man.exe
03-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Yes that lower control arm bolt is realatively easy to take off. Putting it back on is just a royal pain. You need to get the untappered 12cm bolt through the LCA's and through the subframe.

And T-onedc2, yes we are talking about the bar that goes across the bottom of the car connecting the lower control arms.

bennjamin
03-07-2005, 09:35 AM
just hold the points below the LCA's with two scissor jacks ( stock jacks) unbolt the main bolts , place the tiebar on then reapply the bolts.

this is an easier way ive found to take out and reapply the 2 bolts. This way , holds the LCA's in the exact position making the application of the bolts alot easier. No need to jack up the car or anything :)