PDA

View Full Version : EBC green stuff brakes

alphabeatsco
01-07-2005, 11:26 AM
i want to ask just for street racng, not track at the moment.
is EBC green stuff enough , if just put at the front, and leave da rear brakes OEM.

SPEEDCORE
01-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Not that I am into street racing and personally condem it, but I would stick with OEM.

And what is this caper with only changing the front pads.... why must people always jsut focus on "well the fronts do most the work so I'll only bother changing the front pads". :thumbdwn:

This is the worst mentality to have towards brakes, and anyone serious about performance will see why it is such a bad idea.

ekslut
01-07-2005, 03:13 PM
And what is this caper with only changing the front pads.... why must people always jsut focus on "well the fronts do most the work so I'll only bother changing the front pads". :thumbdwn:

This is the worst mentality to have towards brakes, and anyone serious about performance will see why it is such a bad idea.

:thumbsup: Agreed. The rears are as important as the fronts.

Also I haven't heard great things about EBC. Personally I think your better off getting some cheaper pads like Bendix Ultimates and getting front and rear. The Bendix's should be right for street, its only if you start tracking that you will need to upgrade.

CTR Coupe
01-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Just remember the tougher pads you run the more that they wear your rotas. So you’re going to have to replace your rotas more often than when you run standard pads.

EG5[KRT]
02-07-2005, 10:55 AM
i heard ebc is ok... but if your just dragging on the street (even though its illegal :P) you dont really need a high temp pad.oem is still good but once u start doing a few hard brakes they sorta dont work lol.

Cyrus
03-07-2005, 04:01 AM
If it's Bendix, just keep to the OEM pads
If you looking for performance pads at an affordable price, you could try Winmax.
And I totally agree with Speedcore (as in using pads with similar performance), though in addtion, from personal experience you will change about 2-3 sets of front before you need to change one at the rear.

Andi
06-07-2005, 03:31 AM
Mate has Bendix Ultimates in his car, apparently they're pretty good. Yeah I've only changed my front rotors and pads too, didn't have enough cash to do the rears. Will do once I make enough money though.

aozora
12-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Get some slotted RDA rotors... they're fairly cheap then go to RaceBrakes for some recommended pads, I'll be going to them soonish for some RB74s and Comp 2s as I want to run them on street too :) It'll probably be the same recommendation but could be different for FWD cars... doubt it though. $160 a pair... so $320 all around?

Don't go Bendix... in my experience they're rubbish. Supposedly they use to be better though, then they changed the compounds then it all went to.... well atleast for any decent hard driving.

SKREMN
14-07-2005, 08:58 PM
My mates got the green stuff they are very hard on his rotors and they get groves very quickly they stop well but not smooth at all

GSI-PSI
17-07-2005, 08:20 AM
i havent had any problems hauling up with EBC pads on the front and bendix ultimates on the back. Dont knock em til ya try em.

aozora
17-07-2005, 08:36 AM
i havent had any problems hauling up with EBC pads on the front and bendex ultimates on the back. Dont knock em til ya try em.

I have tried "Bendex"...? EBC no.
Stopping of course there's no problems, but try that doing some decent driving. You get what you pay for imo.

GSI-PSI
17-07-2005, 08:59 AM
I have tried "Bendex"...? EBC no.
Stopping of course there's no problems, but try that doing some decent driving. You get what you pay for imo.

Give EBC a go man and i use RDA slotted rotors which helps as well.