PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix de France - Magny Course (Discussion)

^^v
01-07-2005, 05:34 PM
finally .. after last rounds debacle we're back in Europe for the 2nd half of the season.
this should be an interesting one...
Mclaren r looking strong as r the Renaults... BAR and Ferrari r an unknown factor atm... BAR's performance in testing was pretty impressive so hope they can bring it over to the GP...

LUD02C
01-07-2005, 06:29 PM
I think Button might get podium this round, Juan/Michael to win it please!

Vivski
02-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Should be very interesting. Again De La Rosa has blasted everyone in the Friday Practice. Looking forward to getting this season back on track.

LUD02C
03-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Anyone see on Sports Tonight Kimi's engine let go?
Big engine blow, could it happen again during the race?

I think Alonso is running a touch lighter.

jackosimm
03-07-2005, 05:39 PM
I have not heard anything about it this weekend, I've been so slack! Time to put my tips in I think and check F1 site

LUD02C
03-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Anyone watch RPM and the interview with Montoya?
If you did, you wouldn't think he is an angry bastard or whatever you called him!

jackosimm
03-07-2005, 06:14 PM
It would take a calm happy laughing interview to chance my opinion on him

nEUROtic
03-07-2005, 08:18 PM
See Wurz got the new record for the fastest accident

Tyre Blew @ 335km/hr

Thats fuking insane lol

VTEC16
03-07-2005, 09:28 PM
ahh damn - missed the tipping competition! :(

...here are my tips for the hell of it:

1.Alonso
2.Fisichella
3.Button
4.Sato
5.Montoya
6.JV
7.Webber
8.raikonnen

jackosimm
03-07-2005, 09:39 PM
christ thats quick!!!! Hope theres some footage on the pre-race stuff tonight:D

_CiVIC_
03-07-2005, 11:43 PM
anyone think schuy can do some damage??

jackosimm
03-07-2005, 11:53 PM
be difficult now with those pitstops McLaren just had, scorchers!

Vivski
04-07-2005, 02:05 AM
Well, seems like we all got 1pt in our tipping. No-one anticipated Kimi going from 13th to 2nd! That was an impressive drive by him. And to set 3rd fastest time with 29 laps of fuel in the tank... well, that's pretty bloody good.

Overall it was a pretty disappointing race. Trulli held everyone up at the start handing the race to Alonso. I don't think I saw a single overtake. No-one could get close to the car infront, so they drove around like a motorcade until the pitstops came by. Kimi was held up by Massa for about 15 laps! The only overtaking was done in the pits and although that was exciting, it took the sting out of what could have been a great race.

HOW DID SATO HANG ONTO THAT SLIDE!?!? Coming into turn 2 just as he braked from flat chat through turn 1, he went through a big cloud of dust and gravel. That sent him off the track and flying toward the tyres. Somehow he managed to keep it straight with some brilliant car control and missed the tyres by about a foot. Fantastic to watch.

And how was that turn "180"? I love the way they all came in really hot and were on the brakes all the way into the apex, all completely sideways under brakes. And those two super fast right-lefts... scarily fast. Great track to show how good the cars are, not so good for racing. No overtaking.

And hehe, Webber got scorched in his cockpit. First he got fried when his seat got REALLY hot, then the team threw in a bucket of water and on the next lap he almost got steamed!! No idea what's going on with the Williams, very diappointing. I hope they get it right, 'cos it's much more exciting when more cars are capable of running up the front.

And those Toyotas... I hate the Toyotas, always holding faster drivers up and stuffing up the races.

jackosimm
04-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Interesting results! I had to hit the hay with about 30 laps remaining. From what I'd seen it was a good race, plenty to talk about!

JDM.Power
04-07-2005, 10:31 AM
i got none right!
but i was suprise about kimi! whoaa that guy 13 to 2nd! place
would of been better if kimi started 3rd! would of been a fantastic race between him an alonso.

^^v
04-07-2005, 01:21 PM
wooo yeah .. 5 points on the board yO! lolz

well.. one can only wonder wot woulda happened if kimi had started from 3rd.. and if TOYFUKTA/Trulli hadnt held up everyone... woulda been an insanely good race.. which kimi prolly woulda taken out :D

none the less.. it was a good race anyway... Trullis slowness made Alonso look super quick ... well quicker than he was anyway... even though he was quck lolz

and how about Sato... sometimes hes a bit too over optimistic... but u need that in a driver.. unfortunately it didnt pay off for him this round...

bak to bak rounds again... Silverstone next week.. should be anther 'stella' one!

jackosimm
04-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Congratulations mate! 5points is more than Ive done this season hahaha!!!
Good ol' Silverstone, up there with some of my favourites:thumbsup: Hopefully my tipping will improve

^^v
04-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Congratulations mate! 5points is more than Ive done this season hahaha!!!

ahahaah i meant for BAR HONDA :wave:
but thankz anyway lolz

jackosimm
04-07-2005, 02:18 PM
lol different brain waves there! BAR didn't even cross my mind lol, good to see the only team who hadn't scored points finally got some:D

nEUROtic
04-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Well, seems like we all got 1pt in our tipping. No-one anticipated Kimi going from 13th to 2nd! That was an impressive drive by him. And to set 3rd fastest time with 29 laps of fuel in the tank... well, that's pretty bloody good.

I picked him @ third in my tips, seems I underestimated him as well. **** he rocked.

civ_sik
04-07-2005, 07:01 PM
boring race again except for sato

LUD02C
04-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Alonso, what can I say?
Car is perfect and the tyres are 100% terrific.

I wish Kimi started from 3rd, Trulli holding up the pack helped both McLarens and denied Ferrari a chance of getting 2nd.

The rules are effecting the season now in my opinion, with Kimi havnig B-Spec engine for Silverstone and the tyre rule not helping for close racing.

Best thing about the race was Michael scaring Alain Prost on the podium with the champagine. Just shows they are still friends.

Oh and Michaels 17 million pound Castle he is building in Lake Geneva, Switzerland!

Poor Juan, he can't get a break can he?

EDIT: Tipping competition updated, we did poor again :D

jackosimm
04-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Alonso and that car are the perfect match, Fisi cant seem to perform equally. LOL Montoya is hurting:D

redliner
04-07-2005, 09:38 PM
high 5 for honda 5 points

LUD02C
05-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Alonso and that car are the perfect match, Fisi cant seem to perform equally. LOL Montoya is hurting:D

I think that tyre is helping Renault more!
Fisichella is like Montoya, in a slump.
Bad result = bad qualifying for next round = make up time = start mid pack = semi ok result if lucky just a massive circle.

LUD02C
05-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Oh and well done to Webber.
His bum and back was getting midly burnt and he still went on to race.

Just shows the determination in the guy, apparently they were putting water down his seat to cool him, I didn't see it.

nEUROtic
05-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Ohh I reckon montoya is in form, just didnt get the chance this time coz of farked engine. Was right behind kimi so he was on par with his teamate/car. Fisi though, just shithouse :P

Montoya has had rotten qualifying like u said, but he has raced really well each time id say in the last 4-5 races.

LUD02C
05-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Wasn't he infront of Kimi? Or did he fall in behind him after pit stop?

nEUROtic
05-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Was at the start yeah. Pitted first. Kimi put in some ****ing hardcore laps then pitted and leaped him. So he was third, kimi second.

jackosimm
05-07-2005, 06:03 PM
good point about Montoya and Fisi being in a similar boat. LOL I heard about webber, I can just imagine them bringing out a bucket of water to solve it and Webber thinking WTF???

Vivski
05-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Webber came into the pits 'cos he was being fried, then the next lap he had to stop on the track, 'cos he was being steamed by the water they threw in!

enoch
06-07-2005, 11:32 AM
webber was told to go on with the race. he was pissed off about it

Read an article yesterday in the Herald Sun Newspaper with an interview with Webber. He basically said that he had to sacrifice burning himself so he had a good qualifying position for the next race. He said "it is a F****** disgrace!"

jackosimm
06-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Good on him!!! rightly so lol