PDA

View Full Version : Accord Euro wins News Ltd's Star Car Award

euro77
05-02-2004, 03:59 PM
taken from club-tsx forum:
===================

Honda Accord Euro the star of 2003

The Honda Accord Euro is the best new car for 2003 after voting to decide the winner of News Ltd's Star Car Award.

Judged by the motoring editors from the Herald Sun, Daily Telegraph, Courier-Mail, Adelaide Advertiser, West Australian and Hobart Mercury, the Accord Euro beat the Mazda RX-8 and Toyota Prius.

Based on a criterion of design, efficiency, value, safety, quality, performance and how they rate against their rivals, the News Limited motoring writers praised the Accord Euro for its clever execution of drivability, performance and quality.

Herald Sun Motoring Editor Paul Gover summed it up saying, "Of all the cars that hit the market in 2003, the Honda Accord Euro is the one we'd be happiest to recommend to our friends."

Judges awarded points to more than 20 new models launched onto the Australian market between January and December 2003.

"We're thrilled the Honda Accord Euro has been chosen as the Star Car of 2003 by the News Limited motoring editors. The Accord Euro has been a star in the Honda range since its launch, immediately winning the prestige market segment every month since July," said Honda Australia Director Lindsay Smalley.

-------------------------------
Full news:
http://www.sundaytimes.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,8536746%255E20704,00.html

razaman
05-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Yeah, here in NZ as well.

Raz

Accord Euro -New Zealand Car of the Year
Jan 2004

The Honda Accord Euro has been voted New Zealand Car of the Year 2003 by the members of the New Zealand Motoring Writers’ Guild, a group comprising more than 35 journalists who review cars for newspapers, magazines, the internet and the broadcast media. The NZ Car of the Year, which has been awarded for the past 16 years, is the country’s premier and only independent car award.

“NZ Motoring Writers’ Guild members rated the 2.4 litre Accord Euro highly for its mix of good performance, comfort, good fuel economy, vice-free and agile handling, top-drawer ride quality and excellent build quality,” said guild president Mike Stock. “It also won out strongly on active and passive safety, and value for money. The Honda provides a winning blend of attributes and high quality at an extremely attractive price. Honda’s no-haggling, no discounts, one-price-for-all pledge should also ensure good retained value and resale prices, adding to the Accord Euro’s value for money.”

Guild members assessed new model cars introduced to the NZ market between January and December 2003. They rated the cars on criteria that included performance, design, ride and handling, safety, value for money and environmental care.

“The democratic voting process, with experienced car critics from throughout the country and from a range of age groups participating ensures a consensus of opinion is achieved,” says Stock, “and the fact that the award is not affiliated with any particular publication or organization means that it is absolutely free of commercial influence and is reached without fear or favour.

This is the third recent occasion on which the Motoring Writers’ Guild has chosen a Honda as Car of the Year. The 1994-97 Accord (the spiritual ancestor of the Euro) took the prize in 1994, and the S2000 sports car was chosen by the Guild in 1999.

“We’re delighted that Accord Euro has been chosen by the Guild ahead of a number of highly qualified contenders,” said Honda New Zealand Managing Director Graeme Seymour. “It’s a car which reflects the passion of the designers who created it, and a car which does everything superbly well. This award is the icing on the cake for a car which has already proved itself to have enormous appeal in the market.”

Since its launch in June the Accord Euro has sold 1445 vehicles.

Other awards received by the Accord Euro include:

National Business Review Car of the Year 2003
Sunday Star-Times Medium Car of the Year 2003
Japan Car of the Year 2002-2003
Auto Express (UK) Best Family Car 2003
Readers choice Dominiom Post and The Press

Spoon-Accord
05-02-2004, 07:41 PM
YES YES YES YES!!!!!
Accord Ruls again and again and again
the V6 Accords won an award for best car under 56k!!!!!!
YES YES YES YES!!!!
Go Accords!!!
Long live they should :dance:

Ken

Calvo
05-02-2004, 07:59 PM
damn straight :D

A'PEXi
06-02-2004, 01:07 AM
lol the prius looks no where near as good as the euro

EuroAccord13
06-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Mmmmm, I guess I made the right choice by buying myself the Euro then heeheeheeheehee...I am soon going to be a HONDA BOI!

Slugoid
07-02-2004, 03:40 AM
Had a choice between this and an Audi A4...I'm glad I made the right choice.