PDA

View Full Version : rear speakers

chameleon
02-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Hey Guys, not sure if this goes here or the audio section, but I was wondering how to take out the rear speakers in my ek1 sedan? I dont wanna start pulling bits off untill i got a bit of an idea on how to do it.
Has anyone done this before?

v3rdino
02-07-2005, 02:32 PM
hey man
if u mean the 6X9s it is pretty easy to do. there is about 4 or 5 screws holding the cover. then there are 4 holding the speaker in. undo them and pull out the speaker. then there is a clip connecting the speaker and the wires together. i cut the wire just underneth the clip, then soldered the wires to the new speaker. then put everything back together.
note: i could not put the cover over the top of the new speaker because my speaker was to big. this also means that i couldnt put the parcel shelf back in.

chameleon
03-07-2005, 10:51 AM
The parcel shelf didnt fit back!!!!!! damn
thanks for your help v3rdino

-[NoS]-
05-07-2005, 10:54 PM
ive got the same problem wif my EG sedan
want to open up the back speakers but dunno how and dont wanna break anything

any help anyone???
is it possible to put six by nines in the back

mugeneration
05-07-2005, 11:45 PM
the parcel shelf will go back in. Mine wasnt in properly for 6 months before i realised :p lol it just takes a bit of encouragment. As for if 6x9s would fit would depend on what size speakers your car came stock with. Mine came with 6x9s so it was an easy replacement. If not then i have no idea waht youd have to do to install them other than cut holes in your parcel shelf. If i were you id just replace with the same size as factory, whatever they may be.

mrwillz
13-07-2005, 06:51 PM
yeah check if ur new 6x9's wud fit first, u'd want the parcel tray back

my parcel tray hides my goodies in the booot hehe