PDA

View Full Version : TEIN EDFC Installation

CoZZm0
02-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Hey all, ive got an EDFC setup lined up for my TEINs, i've read the install guide to see what is needed.
The main thing that i see that i don't have (kit is 2nd hand) is the small "gold" grub screws that are screwed in replacement of the stock "black" grub screws at the top of the piston for adjustment. Does anyone know if this part is absolutely necessary, i.e what is the difference (if any) between the gold and black screws?

Cheers.

Weq
03-07-2005, 01:48 PM
im looking at one of these setups. did u source em locally..? $$?

VTi-RT
03-07-2005, 02:38 PM
They're of different depth, so you'll need it inorder for the EDFC to work... I'm sure Access performace (Wholesaler) should have them in stock.

CoZZm0
03-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the info guys, i'll look into getting the grub screws once i've received the kit and confirmed that it works properly.

I bought the setup off ebay pretty cheap considering how much they cost in aus.
Even buying from the USA and importing to AUS a full retail box would be cheaper than buying retail in australia. I'd imagine you could get a brand new kit landed for under AU600.

I've bought some parts from Japan Yahoo before, but the commissions and fees involved blow the price out so it becomes not very affordable to low priced small items (from my experience, perhaps i've gone through the wrong channels or don't have elite enough contonacts).

I've been in a mates car with EDFC was very handy item to have. I will probably get the most use out of it on the track as doing super sprints with 5 laps at a time basically voids any chance of pulling into the pits to change a damper setting.

On the street i very rarely bother to change the damper settings, i just make sure they're set to comfortable (damm sydney's roads!)

Cheers.

Crapdaz
01-05-2008, 10:46 PM
just wonderign cause i was going to get edfc in my euro has anyone had the motorkit cables snap on them due to tangling?

Thanks all.

aaronng
01-05-2008, 11:16 PM
I've been in a mates car with EDFC was very handy item to have. I will probably get the most use out of it on the track as doing super sprints with 5 laps at a time basically voids any chance of pulling into the pits to change a damper setting.

You are only meant to change damper settings when the car is stationary. If you change it when the car is moving, you risk damaging the valving.

aaronng
01-05-2008, 11:18 PM
just wonderign cause i was going to get edfc in my euro has anyone had the motorkit cables snap on them due to tangling?

Thanks all.
The cables do tangle because the damper piston will rotate as you drive the car. So check once in a while if there is any tangling and turn the motor to untangle (it should turn the whole piston if the car is on the ground). So far, I haven't snapped a cable, but i do get error messages when it gets tangled badly.

Sexc86
03-05-2008, 07:43 PM
When i installed mine. There are a few parts.

* Grub screw that sits in the shaft
* EDFC Motor
* Hex head that is attached to the motor that spins the grub screw in the shaft (adjusts the damper)

I too had problems with the motor spinning on itself. but then i realised in the instructions you actually need to add some of the thred locker to the strut top thred. i initially though that seems "rough" and would attach it to there permantly. but i bit the bullet and did it. when it dried it was great.. stopped the motor spinning and tangling, and if i want to remove it you simply unwind it like you normally would. (its a bit harder with the thred locker, but doesnt actually stick it there like glue)

aaround... i didnt know that man (about adjusting when car isnt moving) i think ill do that in future !.