PDA

View Full Version : budget turbo set up on f22b

b00std
02-07-2005, 06:06 PM
hey all just wondering your thoughts on a list of things ive taken down to make my accord a little zippier..
while reading this pls note im not after mega horse power just a reliable round towner on a budget..
what i can think of is the following..

t3/t4 turbo- got one in my shed im not using
custom ex manifold
dump pipe and zorst
bosch motorsport fuel pump- got one in my shed
malpasi rr fuel reg- once again got one here
apexi safc or vafc for controlling fuel
front mount- got one here
bov- got one
upgrade clutch

thats about all i can think of for the major parts to get it all going i have got guages and small things like that from other projects aswell so no need to worry about that..

would it work and be reliable? how bout injectors? would the standard ones cope alright for a while??

i know when it comes to adding boost to an engine you should not cut costs ect but as i have most of the parts here to do it it would be better then importing a kit to suit..

rev-tech
02-07-2005, 06:11 PM
As long as the engine's in good running order i can't see anything wrong with the setup....properly tuned it should be fine. As long as your not running too much boost

what CR does the car run at the moment? if it's reasonably high it might be worth while to de-compress it a little?

Injectors....you could always just get the std one's hi-flow'd? increases the duty cycle decently and is reasonably cheap from what i can remember.

What are your brakes like? may need to upgrade them as well?

b00std
02-07-2005, 06:44 PM
engine is strong
and as any vtec honda motor the compression is prob a little high for to much boost but im only looking to run 6-8 psi..

brakes pull me up on a dime so it should be right..

mr_mojo02
02-07-2005, 06:47 PM
how much are you planning to spend??

poid
02-07-2005, 08:17 PM
instead of the fuel pump and RR regulator i would get a set of 450cc injectors from a Mitsu and run those with the VAFC. The stock pump and regulator will cope fine

the compression is 8.8:1 standard, so you dont have to worry about it

saxman
03-07-2005, 04:36 AM
instead of the fuel pump and RR regulator i would get a set of 450cc injectors from a Mitsu and run those with the VAFC. The stock pump and regulator will cope fine

the compression is 8.8:1 standard, so you dont have to worry about it
NO!

vafc + boost = bad combo

sure, it'll run... but you have NO timing control and very poor fuel control...

engine management is THE most important part of a turbo set up.... of all places to cut corners, that is not it

RR and vafc are NOT the answer

poid
03-07-2005, 10:27 AM
its a better combo than just a RR regulator and stock injectors though...if he didnt say budget setup i wouldnt have suggested it

b00std
03-07-2005, 10:57 AM
if i tune it fairly rich through the rev range especially at the high end i should be right shouldnt i? keep in mind ill run around 6psi.. what sort of mitsu injectors poid?

poid
03-07-2005, 11:28 AM
the 450cc injectors from 4G63 engined cars mate (ie Galant VR4, EVO1-3, DSM/Eclipse from the US)

saxman
03-07-2005, 12:35 PM
if i tune it fairly rich through the rev range especially at the high end i should be right shouldnt i? keep in mind ill run around 6psi.. what sort of mitsu injectors poid?
do yourself a favor and just don't consider the vafc an option...

the mitsu injectors on the other hand are great... I run them in my car

simpdogg
03-07-2005, 08:16 PM
I've been thinking of doing something like this for a while, boosted what kind of whp would you expect to get?

shecomb
05-07-2005, 08:52 AM
Spend the money on an aftermarket ecu and tuning... It may cost a little more than you would like but it will be more reliable and make MORE POWER!

Weq
05-07-2005, 05:51 PM
hondata s100 is pretty cheap these days. so are e-manages
otherwise the afc hack is fine.

aftermarket ECU imo is just a waste of money at these power levels.

superR
07-07-2005, 09:37 PM
hey poid , is there any where in NSW taht you can easly source the 4G63 injectors from , cause i've been asking around and i cant find them

joyride
08-07-2005, 08:39 AM
what places have you called? import/domestic wreckers? mitsu forums (aus & nz)? car dealerships?

to the thread creator, i'd get nitrous put in the car, hide all the hoses (cause its illegal) etc.. its fairly cheap to buy & install, have fun with it til the engine goes then get a h22a and boost that. lol

poid
08-07-2005, 05:07 PM
except that if you are caught using nitrous the fine would have paid for your turbo install :)

superR, have a look around forums (in particular GSR/EVO forums)...they come up for sale often enough. Or anyone that deals in importing front cuts and second-hand parts from Japan might have them.

I'll ask my brother for some contacts, he has a few sources for evo parts

saxman
09-07-2005, 03:52 AM
otherwise the afc hack is fine.
especially if he's in a hurry to blow the f22 so he can do an h22 swap

why on earth would anyone pay the money for a turbo conversion on their car, and cut out by far the most important part?

go for the afc hack, and it won't be long before your car is running on nothing but hopes and dreams

b00std
04-10-2005, 11:39 AM
bumping my topic back up because i now have a hks turbo kit for my car and am now in the boat of finding engine managment..

now i know ppl are against vafc and boost together.. so what do you recomend? please remember that it is only a low boost setup and im not made of money!!:o
what about the likes of a unichip, microtech mt4\lt4??

dundas
04-10-2005, 12:24 PM
how much ewould the ex mani and dump pipe cost to be made up for you?