PDA

View Full Version : using cbr injectors to improve fuel economy?

saxman
03-07-2005, 08:03 AM
so I'm in the process of building up a gen2 crx to be a good commuter car. Lately, there has been a lot of talk about adding acetone in small quantities to your fuel system to improve gas milage. Basically, adding acetone to the fuel allows it to atomize better... better atomization means a more efficient combustion cycle... better efficiency means... well, better efficiency, as as such, mpg's go up.

now, I have a set of cbr954rr injectors lying around(came with one of my sets of itbs). The cbr injectors are supposed to flow around 240cc... same as stock injectors, however, they use a different designed tip on the injector that's designed to atomize fuel better... so in the crx, which will be powered by a usdm del sol s(d15b7) motor, I'm thinking of installing cbr injectors(despite there smaller size, they are plug and play) in place of the stock sol ones to improve fuel economy. Any opinions? of course, I'll chip the ecu to adjust as needed if they aren't actually 240cc... and will keep a close eye for a while with the wideband to make sure all is well in the a/f department