PDA

View Full Version : DC5R factory alarm!

cheebye
05-02-2004, 08:48 PM
:?:

any of you with the factory alarm - outta curiosity, does it come equipped with a siren? cause when I arm/disarm the car, it doesn't make any chirp/beep noise? is it supposed to?

also, one thing I find a bit concerning is after arming the car with the remote, I used the key to open the door, and the alarm didn't go off! secondly, I put the key in the ignition and could start the car!!

I was always under the impression that if the remote was used to arm the vehicle, and the key was used to unlock the doors, 1) the siren should go off spastic and 2) the immobiliser should kick in and not allow the person to start the engine..

am I right? or is the honda alarm just weird?

revolution
05-02-2004, 10:22 PM
I think with many factory keypad remotes, they are simply just for lock/unlocking doors. They aint got no siren and it aint an alarm at all in fact. Not sure bout the DC5 thou....could be wrong... 8)

Cr@ckerJ@ck
05-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Yes i dose to anwser your question.. Why would the alarm go off if you use your key to open it then start it ? To test the alarm, wind window down and get out of the car, arm the alarm then unlock the door with the knob lock and get in....you may want to put finges in ears :-)

A'PEXi
06-02-2004, 01:30 AM
yeh that works, my one went off crazy when i tried it lol... once again, not sure on the dc5r, but you cant really classify it as a alarm i think.. basically it has a chip in the key - when the code is matched, the car starts, doesnt matter whether its armed or not...

VTEC16
06-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Im pretty sure its just remote central locking.....no alarm to speak of at all!!

cheebye
06-02-2004, 05:52 PM
hmm.. yeh, that was what I came to conclude. I asked the salesman who sold me the car and he insisted that it has got an alarm still! wtf..

anyway, I believe it's jsut basically a central locking remote with a chipepd key, so anyone who gets hold of it has a new DC5R! not good..

well, off shopping tomorrow for a good alarm system. any recommendations?

cheers

FunkyR
06-02-2004, 09:55 PM
Hey, my dealer told me this, but the factory alarm is sh*te.... They had an employees car broken into.....

It can be easily by-passed by cutting a power wire underneath the front section.....

my suggestion - get an aftermarket one or upgrade it.....

cheebye
06-02-2004, 10:08 PM
hmm.. ok. might get a boomerang alarm cause I will need something good.

cheers

Cr@ckerJ@ck
09-02-2004, 06:18 PM
does it come equipped with a siren?

Yes i dose to anwser your question

Sorry my bad, no siren just horn alarm... :-(