PDA

View Full Version : Gear selecter gone?

MrPlow
03-07-2005, 11:58 AM
Last night - pick up my mate to drive to the bottle shop, he was extreemly gee'ed as we were all going out.... anyway he was getting me all pumped so i hummer it down this road, flat changed into 2nd, then when i went to shift to 3rd - it was like there was no gear box in my car anymore... there was no loud noise, no bang, no gear crunching, nothing to suggest something went wrong apart from the fact that my gear stick moves around like its not attached to anything...

Anyway we towed it back to his house, and its having a rest - going over now to check it out closely...

By the way my car has a shoft shifter - but i dont think it it is the problem here!

Anyone know what has happened? of if they have had the same problem? easy to fix/expensive?

Weq
03-07-2005, 01:28 PM
first things first, check the shifter first. im thinking the shifter bolt may have worked its way out *that holds it to the linkages). its in the middle, of the car, under the exhaust.

ps. dont flatshift. b16's arnt fast and flat shifting wont make them any faster. its a sure fire way to blow ur gearbox.

-MuGen PoWer-
03-07-2005, 02:15 PM
can someone explain flat shifting?

MrPlow
03-07-2005, 02:20 PM
I will check them things weq - thanks!

Michael - fastshifting = leaving your foot flat on the accelerator while changing gear extreemly fast! this ensures the revs are constantly up!

MrPlow
03-07-2005, 10:49 PM
After all that - I found out the bolt on my shifter came loose...

All fixed now - actually better then befor now...