PDA

View Full Version : help: installing splits in a 94 accord

Rico
04-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Hi, I was wondering where to begin to installing front speaker splits in my 94 accord. Do I take off the mesh where the speaker is (and then take out the speaker and replace it) or do I have to open the whole door up and if I have to do that is there any where that has instructions on how to do that?
cheers.

h22a accord
04-07-2005, 03:15 PM
take off the whole door trim. there is a screw in the arm rest and behind the door handle, then its a matter of gently pulling the trim off with a flat head screww driver...dont forget to unclip the wiring for the windows.

is there a spot for tweeters on top of the dash like in the upper spec vti and vti-s?

Mike_
04-07-2005, 03:32 PM
there is in mine, and i need this info too!
how do you get to the tweeters for when i install my front components?

sorry to hijack

h22a accord
04-07-2005, 03:37 PM
pull the tweeter covers up out of the dash and remove the tweeters from them.

i managed to install the splits in the same way as they are from the factory- you will see what i mean when u do it.

just run the cable down the hole in the dash to the crossover that u should mount ehind the kick panel.

MIRZ
04-07-2005, 03:38 PM
yeah with accord you need to remove whole door-trim, its very easy, nothing complicated.

one screw in on back of opening lever, and one in pull-to-close one.

dont try to remove speaker trim only, you will kill the whole look, lol.

i m waiting for mine to do this same drill on coming saturday, will post pics here, if you can wait.

Rico
05-07-2005, 12:28 PM
thanks for the help guys, its done and sounds awesome :D

EuroAccord13
05-07-2005, 12:33 PM
I take it as you have the answers to your query :)

Thread Closed now, if it needs to be unlocked again, please PM a mod :)