PDA

View Full Version : rear strut brace fitting

alphabeatsco
04-07-2005, 04:04 PM
im having a problem with fitting the rear strut brace
i know u have to cut the plastic
but is there any other ways to do it?
like removing the plastics? at the rear?
is that's gonna be craP!?
plus
how do u cut the plastic? how do u konw where the holes should be?

egSi
04-07-2005, 04:10 PM
im pretty sure most of em will need to have the plastic cut :thumbsup:

alphabeatsco
04-07-2005, 04:15 PM
u mean remove da plastic? or cut the plastic...
even if i cut.
i dunno which spot to cut
hehehe

egSi
04-07-2005, 04:18 PM
u mean remove da plastic? or cut the plastic...
even if i cut.
i dunno which spot to cut
hehehe

ull have to cut it man, like a section so the bar will fit, i dont have a pic, i dont even have any interior :D

alphabeatsco
04-07-2005, 04:23 PM
u serious man? did yu pull out ur interiour!? liek seats and shit..
so cool man
i wanna do that..but i cant..cos i got subwoofer..and amp..

barefootbonzai
04-07-2005, 04:35 PM
sub + handling mods don't usually go hand in hand. You gotta make sacrificies if you want your car to be a beast.

alphabeatsco
04-07-2005, 04:36 PM
hahahaa true man
i probably will need to sell my amp and subs
dunno yet,

egSi
04-07-2005, 04:39 PM
u serious man? did yu pull out ur interiour!? liek seats and shit..
so cool man
i wanna do that..but i cant..cos i got subwoofer..and amp..

yah barefoots right

its all a balance man, with car moddin i mean.

no interior = better repsonce etc, but no stereo/comfort.

so i gotta prioritse on what u want, straight up stick or a lil pimp/bling for the girlies or whatever lol. loose ur boot interior, still have back seats for some 'lovin' and strap ur sub to ur boot floor or some shit.

no interior owns imo, so much better :thumbsup:

ekslut
04-07-2005, 04:46 PM
sub + handling mods don't usually go hand in hand. You gotta make sacrificies if you want your car to be a beast.

haha....there are always ways around it though :D In the early stages of my old EK4, I had the rear stripped out, no plastics, seats or anything, and 2 x 12" subs. It all fit in very nicely actually.

But in my ED6 there is nothing. Just the sound of my voice :thumbdwn: and my exhuast :thumbsup:

alphabeatsco
04-07-2005, 04:46 PM
yeah u got a point.
that's a hard one man...
dunno hwo much my sub and amp can go for...
i hope u guys didnt even pull out ur stock speakers, did u?

ekslut
04-07-2005, 04:49 PM
hey, if your intrested, the plastics in my old EK4 have been cut to fit a rear strut brace. Can swap if you want, coz the car is now my sisters and I have removed the rear strut brace and there is no need for plastics with holes anymore.

alphabeatsco
04-07-2005, 05:02 PM
thx man

e240
04-07-2005, 05:10 PM
how do u cut the plastic? how do u konw where the holes should be?

Something I learnt from building up my bike...
Measure twice (or more), cut once, no tears..

Good luck.

You could just cut holes small enough for the bar to fit through. tighten everything else before slipping the covers back in place.

type one
04-07-2005, 05:12 PM
fold the plastic back and mark it, then cut out that hole if you don;t want it to look crappy... otherwise remove the rear panelling all together...

Steer^Gimic
04-07-2005, 05:30 PM
i would mark where the plastic needs to be cut, take off the side arch plastic mouldings completely, then make your slit just enough for the width of the strut. then i would take the strut brace mounts off, and then re-attach them on the other side of the plastic mouldings. and then clip all the plastic moulding on.

does that sounds confusing?? that way you will have one nice cut. wont be able to see the mounts or anything. will almost look OEM!

EGB16A
05-07-2005, 10:17 PM
a dremal comes in handy for this kinda stuff, just for a nice finish. A very handy tool for around $150. It worked a treat when installing guages in a friends car, in the dash

Andi
06-07-2005, 02:51 AM
That rule "measure twice cut once" is definately needed mate! Oh so many times I've wished I had just used it.