PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket suspension for EJ8

siba
05-07-2005, 09:45 PM
hey guys,
iv done a search and cant find anyhtin on this for my car, i wanna get my coupe lowed n ill have 17 inch rims id like the gaurds to be like just on top of the top of the tyre dunno how many inches, so what do i do??
-just get sum coilovers or whateva
-go for a whole new susy set up??
-or something else??

and where in adelaide could i get this done??

ill most likly have a bodykit on aswell and ill have a budget of around a grand

cheers guys

KB
05-07-2005, 10:04 PM
1K will buy you a set of D2 racing coilovers. Which you can adjust the height of your car to whatever you want.

siba
05-07-2005, 10:12 PM
1K will buy you a set of D2 racing coilovers. Which you can adjust the height of your car to whatever you want.

so were can i buy these from??

Terry
05-07-2005, 11:03 PM
someone is selling Tein coilovers on private sales sections......

KB
05-07-2005, 11:44 PM
so were can i buy these from??

Ill get exact prices from a few distributers if you want.

chinkdood
06-07-2005, 12:55 AM
you called also get cusco COMPS or tein SS from EG5.

i jsut ordered some cusco coilovers from him and he is a top bloke :P

CTR Coupe
06-07-2005, 04:37 AM
If your not interested in going crazy with your suspension. I.e. not tracking or hard driving. Just grab some Koni reds and Eibach springs. Talk to trav in our traders section he should be able to hook you up. It won't be crazy low but it will feel sporty and probably be legal hight still. This should be under 1k installed.

I’m not a fan of the D2 coilovers. Theirs just too many issues over the Taiwanese built quality. Once they are stuffed they are in the bin, no one in Australia is rebuilding them plus there are a few other issues I won’t go into here. Check other threads about them.
I think these would be over your 1k budget anyway they have skyrocketed in price they are now $1,800 retail. You should be able to find them cheaper but I doubt you will get them under 1k installed.

I’m not sure who the dealers for Koni and Eibach are in Adelaide. I do all my own suspension work. I take it to North Terrace Tyres for my alignment and setup. They do a lot of work with race teams but only sell penske shockers (about 4k a corner).

siba
07-07-2005, 01:00 AM
cheers guys for the help

KB
07-07-2005, 06:42 PM
I think these would be over your 1k budget anyway they have skyrocketed in price they are now $1,800 retail. You should be able to find them cheaper but I doubt you will get them under 1k installed.

WTF $1800? I bought mine for $1200 6 months ago. And I heard the price has gone down. You could try and source a re-badge of D2's like K-Sport or Geforce. They are D2's Re-Sprayed a diff colour. Btw installation is easy. There are only 4 bolts to undo. All you need is a 17mm and 14mm socket and your OEM jack. Why pay for someone to do it?

PM 'xKx_31' Benny Ong he should be able to hook you up. if your interested.

-KB

CTR Coupe
07-07-2005, 06:45 PM
http://www.option1garage.com.au/NewProducts.htm

Sets available from $1850 - Please enquire for your car !

KB
07-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Hahahaha rip joint!

Feel sorry for the guy who ends up buying from there!

CTR Coupe
07-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Hahahaha rip joint!

Feel sorry for the guy who ends up buying from there!

yes it is a rip off but this is the retail price of them.

KB
07-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Heheh I feel good now. Got mine cheap :P