PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Service Experience

bobble
05-07-2005, 11:30 PM
I recently took my s2000 for a 40,000km service at toE edit NSW. I WILL NEVER EVER TAKE MY S2000 THERE AGAIN. I wrote a letter of complaint to Honda Australia.

Dear Vanessa,

This is a FORMAL COMPLAINT

I have spoken to Maree H. regarding this matter.

I originally took my Honda S2000 (year model 2000) to toE edit on 24/6/2005 for a 40000km service. I left my car with Mr Michael Kearney at 10am and picked it up at 4:30pm that day. I checked the list of services that was done and found the following discrepancies (as compared to my "Maintenance Schedule" for the 40000km service)

FUEL FILTER wasn't replaced
VALVE CLEARANCE wasn't inspected
REAR DIFFERENTIAL FLUID wasn't replaced

At this stage I queried Michael as to why the those services wasn't done. Michael told me that the fuel filter wasn't meant to be replaced until 80,000km as per his "revised service schedule". Michael said he will check with the service manager Mr Robert Dingle and call me around 11am Monday 27/06/2005. I did not receive a call on Monday morning and hence phoned toE edit at 3pm. I spoke to Michael. At this stage, regarding the fuel filter, he says that there was a bulletin in the year 2003 that states the fuel filter is only to be replaced every 80,000km. Regarding Valve clearance inspection, he says it was done but not listed on the invoice as it was only inspected. He does admit that the Rear Differential fluids were not replaced and was happy for me to come back to have it done free of charge.

From this information, I decided to phone different Honda dealerships. I spoke to Rick Damelian Honda (Leichhardt) and the service manager said the fuel filter is to be replaced at 40,000km. Then I spoke to Artarmon Honda and the service manager said the same thing. He even knew about the bulletin in 2003 for revised S2000 fuel filters and he told me it was meant for 2003 models and later.

I then phoned Honda Australia and spoke to Maree H regarding this. She says she will chase it up and call me back within 48 hours.

I receive a call the next day 28/6/05 from Maree. She says that toE edit will get in contact with me and 'straighten' things up. I then receive a call from Michael. He says to come in, and both the fuel filter and rear differential fluids will be replaced at the cost of only the parts required. In this case, the fuel filter was $69. I made an appointment for the coming Friday 1/7/05.

I bring my S2000 to toE edit on Friday 1/7/05 morning at 7:40am and leave it with Shane. Having doubts about the servicing, I asked if I could observe what was actually being done to my car. Shane told me, I wasn't insured in the workshop and did not let me observe the servicing. So I waited at the reception. I pick up my car 2.5 hours later and pay $69.

I drove my car home, I decided to check the rear differential fluids and to no surprise, it was still the older fluid - very dark with tiny black metal shavings - looking like sludge instead of new HGO(rear diff) fluid. toE edit did not replace this fluid even though it is stated on my invoice that this was done. As for the fuel filter, I was unable to check it as it required knowlegdge of its placement. Since my rear differential fluids were not replaced, how can I be sure the fuel filter was replaced. As far as I know, my car could of been sitting in the service center and nothing actually done to it for 2.5hours and then driven back to reception.

Now if I didn't check or didn't know how to check the rear differential fluid like alot of other Honda owners (I'm assuming most owners just trust the service centre), what would happen say 30,0000 or 40,000km later when the wear on the rear differential is soo bad that the whole rear differential would need replacing costing the consumer, me, alot more money than if it was changed as per maintenace schedule - Rear diff HGO fluid cost around $9/bottle retail from Honda spare parts. How do I know? I bought a bottle and changed the rear differential fluids myself today.

Why wasn't my rear differential fluids replaced at my initial visit? Why was there a discrepancy regarding the fuel filter? This leads me to think - toE edit service center does not actually know what they are doing with scheduled maintenance. OR/AND they cut corners to save money and time at the expense of the consumer later down the track.

I will never take my S2000 to the toE edit dealership for service ever again. I feel I've be cheated and deceived and would like to make a formal complaint to HONDA AUSTRALIA regarding this matter. I just can't believe that even after I chased it up with Honda Australia, the proper servicing was not done. Its not about the money, but rather the principle, that was violated.

I look forward to your response.

toE edit - Removed business name. Please PM author for any queries

[ slayer ]
06-07-2005, 08:24 AM
damn, that is bad mate. hope some sort of lesson/resolution can be gained from this to prevent other, more trusting, customers from being put through the same situation

aka_NSX
06-07-2005, 08:45 AM
I'll never trust all the dealer anyway, most of the mechanic are apprentice young kid, i know is not all of them bad . . .but still i dont trust them to service my NSX, thats why i always take my NSX to Hannys Performance u can wait and looks when your car been serviced . . .
if you need the contact details for Hannys please PM me

cheers

h22a accord
06-07-2005, 09:59 AM
keints!! i like your letter though, good work. Tell us their response when u recieve one.

jamchen
06-07-2005, 10:38 AM
man feel soo sorry for you :( yeah some dealers don't really know what they are doing :thumbdwn:
just like last time i took my car for service, i as really happy with the whole process but i just surprised that the manager ringed me the next morning said that because i put my own ATF and it may void the warrenty...
i was like WT$? i gave you the ATF and did you read it? it said ATF-Z1 Honda genuine fluid!! how can it be voiding my warrenty???
haha,,, some ppl in dealership just forget things MAYBE, or just been to busy... but from my experience, going in to the service dep. and say things you wanted to make sure will perform and said BECAUSE I ALREADY CHECKED THEM AND REQUIRE ATTENTION. :D :D

ahcash
06-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Good stuff.. I've seen a few dodgy cases regarding to car service, please keep us inform on any feedback from Honda. I remember back in the my old days in a different country, they have this big glass wall in between the service centre and the waiting lounge. You can actually see what's happening to your car..

nEUROtic
06-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Austral Honda in Brisbane lets you watch from the window. Good idea I thought. Sorry to hear about your experiences

ASSASSIN
06-07-2005, 11:36 AM
wow i used to take my lude there and no more aswell go some bad service there good luck with the letter....

sucks that we trust them to look after our babies and they treat it like shit.

SINISTR
06-07-2005, 12:20 PM
WOW... speachless...

Please let us know what Honda Australia has to say when you get an answer.

Seems alot of workshops are cutting corners anyway - and its a sad story unfortunatelly.

I think you have done a TOP job in complaining about this situation!

Well done!

Mike

joyride
06-07-2005, 12:47 PM
I think you have done a TOP job in complaining about this situation!

yeah i thought the letter was very well written.

IndoStyler
06-07-2005, 02:08 PM
if u guys want to go to a honda service centre that can be trusted, just go to the one at liehcart...theres a guy there who used to work at Hanny's performance n now works with Honda service centre...geo4re if u dont know...he owns a white dc2r

hondaboy
06-07-2005, 03:36 PM
lying cheating ****ers

PLES2K
06-07-2005, 04:39 PM
I hope you get some sort of compensation, which i doubt.
At least you may have helped many other Honda owners who will bring their car to that dealer.
I would have posted this in a different section for all members to read.

.::F[L]Y::.
06-07-2005, 05:33 PM
sad to say but honda does have a record for crappy customer service...just take it to hannys, the guys there do a really good job at an affordable price hehe just as long as its stock! lol

jamchen
06-07-2005, 05:36 PM
but hanny is only for syd ppl :S:S
does anyone know someone like hanny in melbourne? that would be great to hear if there are :D

supersamEK
06-07-2005, 05:54 PM
yeah... Some places are just plain dodgy...is quite ridiculous. i been having some troubles and ripp off's servicing my civic. U cant seem to trust no one.. i hate takn my cars to mechanics...like goin to the dentists.

Nodachi
06-07-2005, 07:01 PM
I have similar experience... But this time in my dad's CRV.... We took it there for service and also took it there inregards to some problems with the automatic gear box.. We went back there about 5 times. And there is not a single things done.. We ask dem over and over again still nothing happens. So we complained to Honda which later told us to go to Larke Hoskin at Homebush to do the service there.. which they fix stright away.. My parents was so piss that they also ask for a refund for the car.:D (we did went to Fair trading for other minor problems but was settle later on). I guess never go there again for service again...

Zimp13
06-07-2005, 07:50 PM
well... most car makers make more money in their warranty servicing than selling the cars themselves, this includes Honda.... i ve got a friend working at the car servicing department... he told me not to bring the car to service at the dealer... its basically a waste of money.... nothing much is done to the car except for some basic check ups and changing oils... u just cant win.... for warranty u must go there.... imagine out of those who went there all the time, how many percent claim under warranty???? the rest is just plain profit for the dealer....

kam
12-07-2005, 10:52 PM
once when i got the euro serviced, after it was done, the service guy came upto me and said your cars done. i expected him to give me the keys, but he said its out back.

they just left the car, windows down, doors unlocked, WITH the key in the ignition, just sitting in the carpark! somebody could have just walked up and taken my car! god knows how long it was just sitting like that.

some dealers just seem to be complete idiots who have no respect for other peoples property.

toE
19-07-2005, 11:41 AM
It's unfortunate that you encountered this bobble.
However, we do not allow users to defame any company/person on this site, no matter whose fault it is.

Please take note to not include names or business names in future everyone.

For any further queries or discussions, please PM the author.

-Jimmy