PDA

View Full Version : changing springs

Dtegra
06-07-2005, 01:02 PM
hey guys wondering how hard it is to take out sum springs and put another set in like ive chopped springs before...well not me but its easy enuff but to take sum springs out the rear do u jus take off there the shock connects to the axel control arm thing at the bottom and the move it and the spring shud slide down ..as easy as that..coz sounds to easy coz i have sum low springs in my garage that i took out wen i got defected and had all new suspension setup and i wanna put old springs back in...PLEASE HELP!!

bennjamin
06-07-2005, 02:08 PM
it takes a good 1.5 hrs -3hrs for myself with basic tools , compressors etc to do a full front and rear spring swap. But , ive installed a good 50 or so sets of springs into various cars around Sydney sofar lol.

For no experience, there is DIY guides on the net in hondatech etc to follow - not TOO hard , its most important to keep everything tight and in spec after finished :)

FR33K
06-07-2005, 02:39 PM
pssssst
u should know that ive done it 1000 times already haha shoulda asked me
its 3 or 4 simple bolts on the back...
if u want me to show u sms me :P

tegraa
11-07-2005, 06:48 PM
I own a 94 teg and did it my self. I put kings superlows it.
If your by yourself, it may not be that easy if you dont have the right tools. It took me about a day to do all four wheels. 3hrs sounds right for all four wheels, however it took me longer.

faijai
11-07-2005, 06:57 PM
takes a good 3-4 hrs with basic tools and need a buddy to give ya a hand.

if u have a car jack and air compressor even better. can probally do it quiker.
hardest thing i find when doing this and what shiets me the most would be the bolt which connects the fork and the lca's.

NTR16N
11-07-2005, 07:05 PM
sorry to jack the thread... but i thought it would be a lil more difficult than that... how about shocks??

FR33K
11-07-2005, 07:29 PM
nah its easyyyy
shocks come out with the springs..
u cant take the springs out without taking the shocks out....

Dtegra
11-07-2005, 10:03 PM
fankz boyz.. for d help..ps.freek (andrew) wat u doing during tha week u wanna change em for me il help..

DC2108
11-07-2005, 11:39 PM
wats the site i kinda wanna get the idea too